Sign in to follow this  
PytOhn_2o17

I can buy premium ships witohut premium?

8 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,564 battles

Sadly you can buy any Premiumship in the Shop (and from the Techtree when you logged in) the moment you succesfully created your WG account. (and you don't need anything extra like a premiumaccount)

But please... don't do it. For your own sake too.

I have seen many Newbs (read "not Noobs" - aka fresh players) that bought Hightier Premiums right away and ruined everyones fun by getting owned and destroyed (too easily for the enemy) often resulting in steamroll win/loss (especially when he is "lucky" enough to be Toptier in his Tier VIII BB) which is no fun for everyone.

That is no fun. Not even for you (i hope).

So please take my (and ColonelPete's) advice and only do it after you have like 2-3 normal Techtree "silverships" on the same Tier until you buy a premium. Even better if you got all three classes (you can skip/quicktest CV if you want) on that Tier.

Thank you

Players
1,346 posts
3,583 battles

In agreement with @ColonelPete and @Miessa3 above, although you certainly can buy a premium ship without a premium account, please DO NOT buy a ship that is above your current highest-tier ship.

You may believe that better ship = you will do better, but (trust us on this) you won't play any better until you get better at the game - which, sadly, involves grinding up the free-to-play ships.

Good luck and fair seas. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[SM0KE]
Players
2,080 posts
5,843 battles

To refine slightly what's already been said: I would suggest not buying any high tier premiums, even though you can. You'll have a lot more fun this way.

As others have implied, the sensible thing to do is to have any premiums you buy mirror your regular tree ships, in terms of tier level.

Of course, if you look at my profile, you'll see I have a couple of T8 premiums, whilst my highest tier regular ship is a T6; the previous two sentences apply to random battles, and anything else where you face real people on the opposing team.

If you *must* buy premiums higher than you can reasonably play in randoms, I would urge you to play them only in Coop mode.

Something else to bear in mind when considering which premiums to buy: Tier 5 and above get +2 MM i.e. you will reasonably often face ships that are two tiers higher than you are; to not get slaughtered requires better game play than I can manage (at least consistently); Tier 4 and lower only get +1, again making them more suitable for one's early stages in the game.

• Cool 1

[H_FAN]
Players
1,943 posts
22,583 battles

When you are new to the game do not buy premiums above T4/T5. This way you do not pay a lot of money to get slaughtered. However should ypu buy shipe like Ishizuchi or König Albert they will give you both extra credits and training for a limited money outlay. Your best bet if you want to spend money is grind but with a premium account if you enjoy the game and wish to play a lot. Ships are getting more expensive the higher up you climb.

The advice to buy ships at your current silvership tier is correct, you will find that in any thread remotely resembling this. maybe one tier above when you start getting really experienced. Naturally if there is an excellent offer you can but and play in co-op. Or if you keep in store until further use. Now when christmas and santas gifts are coming (if they are like last year) you may be able to buy gifts containing premiums above your current level. Be careful and learn in coop if you get a T8 ship when you are at T4 or so.

I bought T8 Atago when I was new at the game (a few hundred games) it went very bad, laid it off for several months. Do not do mistakes that others already have done and paid for so to speak.

• Cool 2

Sign in to follow this