Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
majogl

Ranked Battles?

17 comments in this topic

[WGP2L]
Alpha Tester
132 posts
3,108 battles

Hey there. Is there any info on when the next season of ranked battles will be? Thanks.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
18 minutes ago, majogl said:

Hey there. Is there any info on when the next season of ranked battles will be? Thanks.

clan battles last till 21.12, then you have holidays so earliest ranked should start is january or maybe february.

[_TN_]
Players
93 posts
4,514 battles
3 hours ago, robihr said:

clan battles last till 21.12, then you have holidays so earliest ranked should start is january or maybe february.

so why can't we have ranked battles during the holidays?

[BYOB]
Players
3,302 posts
11,609 battles
2 hours ago, KelVarnsen said:

so why can't we have ranked battles during the holidays?

Two reasons actually.

First, people wouldn't play during the holidays. While a certain percentage of players is single and avoids family events, a lot of the players have families and sitting before a computer during Christmas is not something they'd do.

Second, WG will most likely have a series of holiday events or a campaign. Running such events parallel to organized play would divide the community.

• Cool 1

Players
555 posts
6,577 battles
10 hours ago, majogl said:

Next? Jeez ive only just gotten over the last one..

Beta Tester
635 posts
6,679 battles

Well what I heard from Youtubers is that WG is planning to rotate the Clan Battles and Ranked Battles concept, therefore it will be less Ranked seasons in future years than before.

The reasoning was to limit the pressure on competitive players to participate in events... ..don't understand exactly how they imagined it but as usual we will see as the things develop - WG is poor at communication.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,180 posts
6,121 battles

Saw on reddit post made by Sub_Octavian - it will be this year? 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,332 posts
7,649 battles
39 minutes ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

Well what I heard from Youtubers is that WG is planning to rotate the Clan Battles and Ranked Battles concept, therefore it will be less Ranked seasons in future years than before.

The reasoning was to limit the pressure on competitive players to participate in events... ..don't understand exactly how they imagined it but as usual we will see as the things develop - WG is poor at communication.

If they keep those stupid three hour windows on four weekdays they can just as well open ranked at the same time....

Still plenty of time to play ranked..... Even if just on the three days that aren't CB days....

I can understand and respect why they won't do it on xmas hollydays though (even though i would have no problem still playing ranked even on these days).

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,409 posts
15,144 battles
26 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

If they keep those stupid three hour windows on four weekdays they can just as well open ranked at the same time....

Still plenty of time to play ranked..... Even if just on the three days that aren't CB days....

I can understand and respect why they won't do it on xmas hollydays though (even though i would have no problem still playing ranked even on these days).

The limitation on the time Clan battles  can be played is to 

1, Make sure there are enough teams online at one time.

2, Stop padding at times the there are few clans online in the que.

That said it could go on for longer and/or should start later. 7pm European  time is OK for us in EU. But 6pm for those island Monkeys across the Channel its not so nice

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,332 posts
7,649 battles
39 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

The limitation on the time Clan battles  can be played is to 

1, Make sure there are enough teams online at one time.

2, Stop padding at times the there are few clans online in the que.

That said it could go on for longer and/or should start later. 7pm European  time is OK for us in EU. But 6pm for those island Monkeys across the Channel its not so nice

That is what i meant. It would be fine if it were like 5-6 hours.....

And even then it would still be fine with playing ranked on the days off CB (or even before clanbattles if you are on hollidays).

Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,713 battles
4 hours ago, T0byJug said:

Later? I would have them starting earlier. I'm old, I wake up at 5am so the fact that EET start time is 20:00 is a bit late. Yes, I could do few battles but there's no-one to play with me. :(

Foreveralone-Yuki is forever alone.. :'(

Luckily there's always Saturday. :)

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,409 posts
15,144 battles
1 hour ago, YukiEiriKun said:

Later? I would have them starting earlier. I'm old, I wake up at 5am so the fact that EET start time is 20:00 is a bit late. Yes, I could do few battles but there's no-one to play with me. :(

Foreveralone-Yuki is forever alone.. :'(

Luckily there's always Saturday. :)

You forgetting Sunday OLD MAN.. :Smile_hiding:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,238 posts
11,727 battles

The specific times for CB are a tad silly.

I've managed to get a few sessions in but they're a pretty big drain on personal time for a silly ship game... 

At least Ranked can be played at any O'Clock.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,713 battles
13 hours ago, T0byJug said:

You forgetting Sunday OLD MAN.. :Smile_hiding:

But I need to wake up early on Monday. So that makes Sunday invalid for late evening gaming. And Mondays are usually very hectic and busy days at the office. :/

And Friday is dedicated for drunken-fail-divisioning. :D

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

Just noticed on the in-game 'Winter is coming' menu that it says "Must be completed in a Random, RANKED or Co op battle"

I was under the impression that there were to be no Ranked games this year, nor whilst the CW were ongoing

[TTT]
Players
3,938 posts
7,767 battles
21 minutes ago, The_Tyke said:

Just noticed on the in-game 'Winter is coming' menu that it says "Must be completed in a Random, RANKED or Co op battle"

I was under the impression that there were to be no Ranked games this year, nor whilst the CW were ongoing

Ranked has always been there for missions, probably just laziness I suspect

Sign in to follow this