Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Server Maintenance - January 18, 6:00 CET (5:00 UTC) Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
happyapilot

10.000 + games time to uninstall?

18 comments in this topic

Players
20 posts

Hi all, just want to share a personal observation and maybe even a rant due to the fact that I am loosing the joy in this game.

I'm trying to understand the reasoning what is happening to a game i clearly loved playing yet these  days just seem to get worse and worse..

each mp game is more a smoker he spam shoot despite the patch to combat this it clearly missed the mark..  brawling and enjoying some sort of idea of skill by angling your armor

are more a thing of the past.  Sure you got counter measures but they are falling a bit short of the mark in terms of effectiveness..

I just miss the brawling and exciting games and it's going all up in smoke, it's a pity

Coop's are nice but why do they cost you credits? that's such a pity.

no response needed, and i play all kinds  of ships even the bad ones for the challenging factor and have some fun.. but hey that is fading fast.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
11 minutes ago, happyapilot said:

Hi all, just want to share a personal observation and maybe even a rant due to the fact that I am loosing the joy in this game.

I'm trying to understand the reasoning what is happening to a game i clearly loved playing yet these  days just seem to get worse and worse..

each mp game is more a smoker he spam shoot despite the patch to combat this it clearly missed the mark..  brawling and enjoying some sort of idea of skill by angling your armor

are more a thing of the past.  Sure you got counter measures but they are falling a bit short of the mark in terms of effectiveness..

I just miss the brawling and exciting games and it's going all up in smoke, it's a pity

no response needed, and i play all kinds  of ships even the bad ones for the challenging factor and have some fun.. but hey that is fading fast.

t1-t4 are always brawling games. try them..

[CKK]
Players
37 posts
362 battles

I am at the moment Tier 5 player and it's ok, but most of fun and best battles i had on Tier 3.

Now it's just team-playing and trying to survive BB hits, before that i could just go forward and made enemies angry with my torpedoes - lots of running, misses, anger and pure fun.

[ITR]
Beta Tester, Players
1,182 posts
4,089 battles
1 hour ago, happyapilot said:

Hi all, just want to share a personal observation and maybe even a rant due to the fact that I am loosing the joy in this game

Well, after 10k games you have seen it all (so to speak). And even the greatest of all games (not this one) can become a bore after a long time!

Happened to me in WoT after 20k games, I just started to take the good things for granted and focused on the "bad teams" and "RNG hates me."

Possible (yet not guaranteed) solutions:

1. Take a break and try some other game for some time.

2. Try different tiers (lower preferably).

3. Play in divisions (join a clan).

That's it from me, good luck.

• Cool 4

Players
157 posts
5,634 battles

If you're not enjoying it at the moment, take a break. Come back in a few weeks and see if anything has changed.

Alternatively:

• Play with a clan or regular group.
  • Try the PVE missions.
  • Have a go at the lower tiers again and see if anything gets your attention.
  • Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,181 posts
11,672 battles

The brake tip is worth a lot. But I also understand each game is eventually going to bore you (or me). Hence I don't believe in gaming addiction: there always will come a time when you've seen it, done it and dealt with it. A bit pity you hide your stats even with an claimed 10k matches. But I can understand. Uninstall if you insist. But I must agree with the "take a brake" argument here. Leave it for a couple of weeks, heck months and try it later. For all the flaws in wows 1 thing I must give WG (and i think there's consensus about this) is the fact it keeps evolving and changing. Cool down and come back later. With some practice you'll see the smoke isn't that big of a deal. If it's an "RN Smokepingpongballpewpewer no good for nothing except eating citadels" just rurn your nose/ aft toward the smoke and let it fire all the fluffyballs it can fire at you. Oh, boohoohoo: you take 1000 dmg out of 500 salvo's. if it's a DD: somewhat bigger threat but the same tactic. Hope for a fire asap on your nose/ aft and let it merrily burn. The section is immune for more fires.

getting saturated quickly and that smoke has 1 major drawback (for them): it doesn't last forever.

Believe me the absolute most fun aspect in this game is oneshooting Citadelmeanders, exploding mount Fiji's, Edingsorrow and half cows (the intelligence part coming definitely from the cow) in their precious smoke. Simple tricks: look at them and when the decelerate, they're smoking. Fire at the moment they vanish and "blimp" gone with the wind. Also train using the spotter plane. If he's pingpongballpewpewing it's really easy to "pinpoint" their position. It's a majer thrill to see their last orbital volley go trough the air.... Yes it'll yield you lots of karma reports. But that actually adds to the fun. And if the halfcow has inherited 1 braincell from the noncow part it'll hide behind an island for 95% of the game time, thus rendering it as useless. And yes, once every 2000 matches, when all the star align and there is prospect of world peace that pathetic ship will nail you with their 1 line torp spread. But that's such a freaking rare occasion you might as well neglect it.

The only 2 ships in smoke which are worrying me a bit are Kutuzov and Belfast. But running away from those cloud will only increase your chance to survive. And again: the smoke doesn't live forever....

• Cool 1

[NED]
Players
4,181 posts
11,672 battles
2 hours ago, Blixies said:

Well, after 10k games you have seen it all (so to speak). And even the greatest of all games (not this one) can become a bore after a long time!

Happened to me in WoT after 20k games, I just started to take the good things for granted and focused on the "bad teams" and "RNG hates me."

Possible (yet not guaranteed) solutions:

1. Take a break and try some other game for some time.

2. Try different tiers (lower preferably).

3. Play in divisions (join a clan).

That's it from me, good luck.

Parallel on topic (no not quite): I'm waiting for the Klarbflaglahbah  cake...... 5000 doubloons if the mistress can pull this off Blixies.... Yes, that's a challenge.

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles
2 hours ago, HMS_Birmingham_C19 said:

[...]

• Play with a clan or regular group.
  • [...]

I did this, and it is working. I have re-found my joy. And went from a 65% solo winrate to a 78% winrate 0_o

• Cool 1

[TAW]
Players
54 posts
18,605 battles
14 hours ago, happyapilot said:

Apparently marketing boys took over at WG and they decided to ditch the T8 competitive and focus on T10 - model as main income stream. The "monetization of meta" led here; better income stream but the computer game is bad at highest tier. Think about concealment expert and fire change. Combine this with power creep monetization (various GZ tests, uss kidd to name a few).

Try playing T6 for a while. Maybe I was lucky, but have had best matches in ages at that tier. Hard core team players outsmarting me one rudder shift at a time :cap_cool:.

Players
2,233 posts
14,314 battles
21 hours ago, happyapilot said:

... brawling...

Well, COOP is all about brawling, but you are right... unless you play very well, higher tier game are going to cost you silver.,

Players
744 posts
7,384 battles

T3-5 were the most fun games. When I moved up to T6 ships it got a little more serious and now mt T7 ships are seeing all the way up to T9 where you dont have much room for mistakes.

I'd say stay down in mid tiers for fun ... and upper tiers for a greater challenge if more stress.

recently I just started the french cruisers - I'm up to the Emile Bertin and T4/5 games with it have been as much fun as I remembered the tier being.

Players
20 posts

Thx gentlemen, have been playing some coop and that was ok, some close combat action with ships which always looks nice.  and some low tier games in mp.

the higher tier are a no go for me in mp as this is just not exciting, rather a bore and dull event (for me at least) so it's coop with a bare ship to save on the credits, not that i need to but hey why loose credits anyway in a game? the grind is bad enough.

I hide stats as i'm not a showboat and like privacy, however below is a screenshot from awhile back when i reached the 10.000 mark in random battles.

10000.jpg

Sign in to follow this