Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ImperialAdmiral

Camo insanity

25 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
1,017 posts
5,443 battles

Is there any option without mods to set the ships camo to display only the regular and permament premium ones while in battle?

With the recent absurd ammount of different camos ships look like ugly pinatas.

 

And before you call me a hypocrite.

I'm using those camos too because of the bonuses they provide but It really makes me cringe when I look at my green grass or bright red ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

I share your sentiments.

 

Most those camos make me think that the CEO of WG lets his two year old loose with a set of crayons then copies the mess designs.

 

Ideally something to just make the camo invisible. The guys who do the weathering effects on the models really cannot be surpassed.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles

I wonder how they manage to do the camos that ugly. It requires a lot of talent.

 

It gets even better when they do it on purpose like with the clown camos of Texas or Gangut. The only bonus I notice on those camos is an increase in the chance everyone shoots at you because you hurt everyone eyes because how ugly your ship looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,017 posts
5,443 battles
7 minutes ago, The_Tyke said:

Ideally something to just make the camo invisible. 

 

Filter just like for Halloween or Arpeggio ships would be fantastic.

 

2 minutes ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

I wonder how they manage to do the camos that ugly. It requires a lot of talent.

 

It gets even better when they do it on purpose like with the clown camos of Texas or Gangut. The only bonus I notice on those camos is an increase in the chance everyone shoots at you because you hurt everyone eyes because how ugly your ship looks.

 

The only camo that IMO is ok is the Hunter one. Fits well with many larger ships.

 

And yeah the Irish one brings me only bad luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,301 posts
5,457 battles
36 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

 

Filter just like for Halloween or Arpeggio ships would be fantastic.

 

 

You mean like the ones already in game?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester
540 posts
4,964 battles

I was surprised that the recent Halloween permanent cammos/ ship alterations were visible to other players (ie not just to the owner); they look absolutely ridiculous and un-immersive in a normal game.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
424 posts
8,785 battles
53 minutes ago, cracktrackflak said:

I was surprised that the recent Halloween permanent cammos/ ship alterations were visible to other players (ie not just to the owner); they look absolutely ridiculous and un-immersive in a normal game.

They should have a Steampunk themed battle section where all those people who like the look of them could play......... and not bother those who think it looks bloody ridiculous.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles
2 minutes ago, SirBlemmingtonSmythe said:

They should have a Steampunk themed battle section where all those people who like the look of them could play......... and not bother those who think it looks bloody ridiculous.

It would be far easier to implement an option to 'Hide camouflage' so that those of us who want too can.

The vanilla models with their weathering look (IMO) absolutely fine.

The guys responsible for them should get more credit than they do.

I know it is about game play, but some of us (me and many others I am sure) appreciate the eye candy.

 

Let the CEOs kids exercise their crayon skills in kindergarten.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester
540 posts
4,964 battles

I don't mind seeing the "normal" camouflages in-game. Apart from the neon ones, the cammos are not too intrusive from a distance, and are reasonably immersive - "dazzle" painting and colour schemes were of course a very real historical thing.

 

Cammos can provide some useful information about the ship - e.g. if its wearing a capt xp booster, then the capt is likely lacking some skill points. If its wearing an XP booster, then the ship might be stock. If its wearing any sort of premium cammo, then the player is more than likely to be an enthusiast player, and therefore have some skill. The counterpoint is that plain grey ships have a high correlation with potato players!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
1,640 posts
6,129 battles

I can only agree with this i too would like to be able to select what camo's i can see.

Kii for instance has that camo that has fantastic bonusses but i want to see the regular camo it comes with.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,119 posts
5,880 battles

Yeah, I removed those Arpeggio, Halloween and Kobayashi camos. Don't want to play this game with that kind of shite around. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TU]
Players
168 posts
4,816 battles

There are problems, there are first world problems, and there are ugly camo problems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,752 posts
10,656 battles
On 11/17/2017 at 8:19 AM, cracktrackflak said:

I was surprised that the recent Halloween permanent cammos/ ship alterations were visible to other players (ie not just to the owner); they look absolutely ridiculous and un-immersive in a normal game.

Well, then just hide them? It takes literally 2-3 mouse clicks to never see them again (unless you yourself change your mind in the future).

This thread is not about various special skins/camos that can be disabled in Port - OP talks about "normal" camos that hurt his eyes - since these can't be hidden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
406 posts
556 battles
On 11/15/2017 at 1:36 PM, ImperialAdmiral said:

Is there any option without mods to set the ships camo to display only the regular and permament premium ones while in battle?

With the recent absurd ammount of different camos ships look like ugly pinatas.

 

And before you call me a hypocrite.

I'm using those camos too because of the bonuses they provide but It really makes me cringe when I look at my green grass or bright red ship.

 

Hi there! TBH I personally like the insane flashy camos (some of them ironically, I have to admit), but I'll happily forward this suggestion. :) Seeing that we already included several player-requested filters in-game, I don't see why this wouldn't be possible in the future.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,017 posts
5,443 battles
2 hours ago, Kandly said:

 

Hi there! TBH I personally like the insane flashy camos (some of them ironically, I have to admit), but I'll happily forward this suggestion. :) Seeing that we already included several player-requested filters in-game, I don't see why this wouldn't be possible in the future.

 

Thank you very much! :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×