You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Teob_

Something to do with Credits

71 comments in this topic

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,085 posts
11,626 battles

So some of us have amassed a considerable amount of credits and there's nothing to actually do with them. I realize that this isn't an issue for everyone but I know quite a few people with over 100m credits. 

For instance I am on around 600m credits at the moment.

A solution here would be to have a clan vault where we could deposit the credits and other clan members could benefit from them.

Obviously there would need to be some restrictions so we don't wind up with gold sellers. Something like having to be in the clan for at least 30 days and having contributed at least 500 oil before you can take out 5m or something. I am sure some sort of draconian set of rules could be put in place to ensure the economy doesn't go crazy.

I realize that WG sells some credits so this might be an unacceptable solution because of that. Or there may be restrictions with moving currency of any kind between accounts. 

If the above solution is deemed unfeasible then can we please convert them at extortionate rates to doubloons or free xp or something like that.

Basically we need a way to spend this resource.

• Cool 16

[ONE2]
Players
2,389 posts
14,339 battles

Yeah, something like that would work. I have the same situation myself even after I switched all my consumables to premium and pay for them in credits.... I would not mind contributing some to other's developments or one thing or another. :cap_money:

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,085 posts
14,011 battles

They should have a mechanic that transfer all of the 'unneeded' credits automatically to my account, along with 'unneeded' doubloons.:cap_old:

• Cool 2

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

Playing without premium account, silver is the most useful resource, on the same level as doubloons.

Especially when you play multiple ships at the same time, when you start to reach tier 8 price for ships  (and upgrades) skyrocket.

So while those are good (and fair) proposal, i don't think WG will do something about that.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,085 posts
11,626 battles
2 minutes ago, Favuz said:

Playing without premium account, silver is the most useful resource, on the same level as doubloons.

Especially when you play multiple ships at the same time, when you start to reach tier 8 price for ships  (and upgrades) skyrocket.

So while those are good (and fair) proposal, i don't think WG will do something about that.

I get that. But the thing is, even without premium, at some point you have all the ships you want/need. And then the credits just start piling up. It's almost impossible to lose money when playing a premium ship. If you get to rank 1 a couple of time and get doubloons like that and then buy a prem camo for your fav ship then you do start earning a lot of cash.

Those of us that have been playing for 2 years or so are in that situation specifically because we have nothing left to "grind". 

Players
961 posts
4,863 battles

Well, I would take credit donations any day, but there is no way wg will do this because it forces a lot of players, if not all, to at least spend some real cash pn a premium ship or account. So nope, won't happen. It is designed this way to keep the money coming. 

Players
350 posts
3,426 battles

I think  the only thing they could concede is the silver -  freexp conversion at a horrendous rate, like 10milion silver for 10k freeXP or something in this field.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,085 posts
14,011 battles
12 minutes ago, Teob_VG said:

Those of us that have been playing for 2 years or so are in that situation specifically because we have nothing left to "grind". 

This might just be me, but once I had my last tier X ship I kind of dropped off the game until something new comes out like an event. Half of the gameplay, arguably more, in WoWS is the grind and the credits don't build up nearly as quickly as it does when I'm grinding. 

[TTT]
Players
400 posts
9,036 battles

Probably introducing some 500m silver premium ships of any tier would be doable.

• Cool 4

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

This is something that irks me as well.

Currently I have over 228 million and unless they release RN DDs I have nothing I want to buy.

I'd happily give away the whole lot if I could.

• Cool 2

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,085 posts
11,626 battles
Just now, dasCKD said:

This might just be me, but once I had my last tier X ship I kind of dropped off the game until something new comes out like an event. Half of the gameplay, arguably more, in WoWS is the grind and the credits don't build up nearly as quickly as it does when I'm grinding. 

Nope, not me. I mostly play t8+ with a high emphasis on t10 ships. For me the grind is a massive pain in the derriere. That's partly why I have this issue in the first place. Like I said, I have prem camos on my most played ships and I have a lot of games under my belt. 

Further, I have enough free xp to get the t10 PanAsia DD the moment it arrives so I won't really spend money through the tree there either.

Players
11 posts
7,120 battles

Nice idea Teob, I can see this being a real help to some of clan members; however, I can't see WG implementing it for the very simple reason that it would kill off their "doubloons for creds" exchange system for people in clans, which is going to hurt their bottom line.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,085 posts
11,626 battles
Just now, CorrinRoth said:

Nice idea Teob, I can see this being a real help to some of clan members; however, I can't see WG implementing it for the very simple reason that it would kill off their "doubloons for creds" exchange system for people in clans, which is going to hurt their bottom line.

Yeah, I totally get that might be an issue. 

But if you put a cap at say 5m per month per player or something then, it might affect it but maybe not so much. 

Or for example WG could take 50% of any donation. So for every 10m someone would put in the clan vault/bank, only 5m could be taken out.

And lastly, if none of these are acceptable, then something else - anything. Preferably something that would help other people but there needs to be a way to spend credits other than ships and consumables.

[TTT]
Players
400 posts
9,036 battles
7 minutes ago, CorrinRoth said:

Maybe just because of that they could introduce the super pricey premiums for silver, as people who do not have the necessary amount would pay with real money to unlock it. A smaller income is still higher income than zero income from amassed numbers

However I doubt that they would allow us to give away silver just because of the earlier mentioned possible income loss.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,119 posts
5,880 battles
2 hours ago, Teob_VG said:

A solution here would be to have a clan vault where we could deposit the credits and other clan members could benefit from them.

I like it :Smile_great: However as you said WG won't like it :Smile_trollface:

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,085 posts
11,626 battles
1 hour ago, _DeathWing_ said:

I like it :Smile_great: However as you said WG won't like it :Smile_trollface:

Who knows? 

And like I said, if my solution is considered not viable then I hope WG will come up with some other way in which we can spend our credits. 

[BLITZ]
Players
2,054 posts
9,066 battles

Maybe let us buy some special commemorative flags. Flags wouldn't need much effort to be made.

But since I like flags very much, this idea maybe isn't that popular with many people. :cap_hmm:

[CAIN]
Players
2,731 posts
10,858 battles
4 hours ago, Teob_VG said:

I get that. But the thing is, even without premium, at some point you have all the ships you want/need. And then the credits just start piling up. It's almost impossible to lose money when playing a premium ship. If you get to rank 1 a couple of time and get doubloons like that and then buy a prem camo for your fav ship then you do start earning a lot of cash.

Yea, the only thing to grind atm are captain XP and that becomes rather boring after a while.

2 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Maybe let us buy some special commemorative flags. Flags wouldn't need much effort to be made.

But since I like flags very much, this idea maybe isn't that popular with many people. :cap_hmm:

That'd be a nice option!

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,867 battles

Maybe it could be useful to buy oil. This way I could expand my contribute to the clan and provide indirect benefits to other members.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,085 posts
11,626 battles
1 hour ago, SeeteufeI said:

29 minutes ago, Cosseria said:

Maybe it could be useful to buy oil. This way I could expand my contribute to the clan and provide indirect benefits to other members.

Literally any of these ideas would be totally fine by me. I like some more than others but yeah, the main point is we should be able to do something with the credits.

• Cool 2

[EGM-B]
Beta Tester
1,174 posts

Hello, I am not a whale, I am reasonably good player, I´ve once bought an Atago which represents ~ 14% of my total amount of games played, no premium or other money stuff, I mainly play T8-10 and without carefully planning and abusing things like the RU DD split (netted me 30mil credits) I would have been long ago broke.

Dear WG please dont make things more expensive or lock content of any kind behind absurd credits walls like 100mil silver, instead decrease income for bad matches but increase income for good matches, thx.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,938 posts
22,448 battles

Well EliteXp at an expensive rate is a sensible decision IMO as that always be useful, even for us that have grinded most/all ships

Players
205 posts
25,943 battles

I have a few more credits then @Teob_VG has and I really like the idea of getting a clan bank and help some friends out or have the possibility the buy signals, camo's, things like that. The credits (and free XP for that matter) just keep piling up and there is nothing to spend it on

[WGP2W]
Players
1,415 posts
9,917 battles

How about uber premium broken ship, where you could rent it for one battle. Cost 100 milion credits..

Not literary that much broken, but you get point..

MAYBE KITAKAMI????? :D :D :D

• Cool 1