Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Azrael_Ashemdion

Steam Client - won't use my in-game ID

65 comments in this topic

[TK1]
WoWs Wiki Team
535 posts
8,503 battles
11 minutes ago, Azrael_Ashemdion said:

Installed via Steam last night, and as the title says, it won't log in using my in-game name.  Anyone solve this yet?

Az

You cannot use your WG-Account when using the Steam-version (currently) as multiple times explained and part of FAQ.

FAQ.PNG

[BLITZ]
Players
2,077 posts
9,136 battles

@Azrael_Ashemdion

I came across this post yesterday, maybe it helps. I'm not using steam, so I couldn't confirm.

22 hours ago, JaiFoh said:

Downloaded via Steam last night and signed up as a NA account.
if you alter the name of the Steam.api.dll it allows you to log in to any existing account of yours.

no bugs so far

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

Am I not seeing the elephant in the room here, or what?

Why, if you have a WG account that works, would you choose to then play through Steam? Is there some sort of benefit to it?

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,666 battles
10 minutes ago, The_Tyke said:

Why, if you have a WG account that works, would you choose to then play through Steam? Is there some sort of benefit to it?

People might want their calculator PC to slow down with multiple gaming launchers...

• Cool 2

Players
1,071 posts
8,205 battles
29 minutes ago, The_Tyke said:

Because maybe at one point you will be able to buy stuff like premium time, premium ships, and so on in WoWs through steam with your steam wallet. The steam wallet is actually interesting because you can make a lot of cash in, for example, CSGO with skins (you can bet on sites on games, get random drop after games, stuff like this) by selling them on the steam market. So technically and if you know how, you can make a lot of money on steam and buy stuff in/for other games without having to actually spend a single real life cent for it. So yes, there is the possibility that there will be a huge benefit to it.

• Cool 2

[WGP2W]
Players
1,423 posts
9,971 battles
9 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Because maybe at one point you will be able to buy stuff like premium time, premium ships, and so on in WoWs through steam with your steam wallet. The steam wallet is actually interesting because you can make a lot of cash in, for example, CSGO with skins (you can bet on sites on games, get random drop after games, stuff like this) by selling them on the steam market. So technically and if you know how, you can make a lot of money on steam and buy stuff in/for other games without having to actually spend a single real life cent for it. So yes, there is the possibility that there will be a huge benefit to it.

Yes but its advantage compared to people who do not use steam. Thats why I think it should not be allowed for WOWS.  :D

Players
944 posts
5,328 battles
2 hours ago, dasCKD said:

"It's not possible, too difficult to merge different platforms due to design choices. Sorry guys!"

*rename 1 file*

????

profit

• Cool 4

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,564 battles
Just now, walter3kurtz said:

"It's not possible, too difficult to merge different platforms due to design choices. Sorry guys!"

*rename 1 file*

????

profit

^this :Smile_teethhappy:

Must be the same "technical issues" preventing them from unifying dubloons with gold. :Smile_smile:

• Cool 6

[PMI]
Players
2,384 posts
5,598 battles
12 minutes ago, walter3kurtz said:

*rename 1 file*

????

profit

Just that inventory and many features do not work after that, because basically you are converting the steam game into a vanilla wows by removing the steam stuff...

Why would you want that?

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles
43 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Just that inventory and many features do not work after that, because basically you are converting the steam game into a vanilla wows by removing the steam stuff...

Why would you want that?

How do you mean? My inventory and steam overlay work without problems.

The mods need to be installed in a different folder, but even that isn't a problem.

[PMI]
Players
2,384 posts
5,598 battles
1 hour ago, stewie533 said:

The mods need to be installed in a different folder, but even that isn't a problem.

Dont know about the mod, but there was a "fix" involving deleting the game's steam.dll, that gave the issues described.

[CAIN]
Players
2,732 posts
10,858 battles
1 hour ago, Boris_MNE said:

Question is:

Should WG hire this guy? :Smile_trollface:

Only if WG is interested in competence.

*checks the new Graf Zeppelin eff up...

Nope, WG has no interesst whatsoever in competence.

• Cool 1

[PUPSI]
Players
6,245 posts
1 hour ago, stewie533 said:

and you can buy stuff in WoWs with your steam wallet with this 'trick'?

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles
4 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Dont know about the mod, but there was a "fix" involving deleting the game's steam.dll, that gave the issues described.

I have renamed that dll.. but did not give me such issues.

1 minute ago, Klopirat said:

and you can buy stuff in WoWs with your steam wallet with this 'trick'?

Oh, that is the problem? No.

[PUPSI]
Players
6,245 posts
5 minutes ago, stewie533 said:

Oh, that is the problem? No.

sorry, then this 'trick' doesn't merge anything...

Beta Tester
351 posts
12,537 battles
7 hours ago, The_Tyke said:

Because I have a lot of other games I run through Steam, and because of bad experiences with it and distrust of their desktop programming, I don't want to -ever- use that WG unified launcher app.  

Az

• Cool 1

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
5 hours ago, walter3kurtz said:

*rename 1 file*

????

profit

it is not problem of difficulty of merging different platforms. it is problem of $$$.

idk what contract wg has with steam, but normally steam takes 30% of the price of the game (so maybe it is 30% of any transactions through steam for f2p). so WG doesnt want to give existing users to steam of which many are paying customers. they get 100% of money from existing users and 70% of money from new steam users. giving existing paying customers to steam would mean massive loss for WG.

• Cool 3

Players
944 posts
5,328 battles
4 hours ago, robihr said:

it is not problem of difficulty of merging different platforms. it is problem of $$$.

idk what contract wg has with steam, but normally steam takes 30% of the price of the game (so maybe it is 30% of any transactions through steam for f2p). so WG doesnt want to give existing users to steam of which many are paying customers. they get 100% of money from existing users and 70% of money from new steam users. giving existing paying customers to steam would mean massive loss for WG.

Sure, but that's not what they said. They explicitly said that it's not possible because WoWs was not 'designed' to be cross platform.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
59 minutes ago, walter3kurtz said:

Sure, but that's not what they said. They explicitly said that it's not possible because WoWs was not 'designed' to be cross platform.

and that is marketing. they couldnt nicely say: "we want $$$. giving away users to steam will hurt our revenue. " they went on steam to attract new users that they otherwise wouldnt get, not to give away existing users(revenue) to steam who would take percentage from every transaction those existing players did.

• Cool 1

[SNLA]
Players
99 posts
19 hours ago, robihr said:

Here is were it all ends of course. It's all about the money and WG are not at all interested in loosing from it's excisting customers.
" it's not possible because WoWs was not 'designed' to be cross platform " - lol oh that just cracks me up :Smile_teethhappy: Seriously how stupid do WG think the playerbase really is?

Anyway I am also one of those that hate that you can't use your excisting account fully on steam. Wallet , achievements, logged hours, game library, launching etc etc... I have had some rounds with the WG client, and though it doesnt happen very often, there have been some very annoying login problems resulting in full reinstall of the game from time to time. Also annoying that the update files are kept with every update, and you have to manually delete them to free up space.

I want the same privilege as others to choose to launch my game from steam with all feauters as steam users. And not WG or some white night in theire defence service telling me that "oooh you can just use the old launcher, stop whining".

Also kinda funny to notice the defence-brigade of devs/white horse riders on steam, "attacking" every singel negative post regarding this issue. Long time since I saw such devoted effort and interest in fighting the "evil" - amost suspect there is a devoted budget for this activity. Almost. :Smile_teethhappy:

No seriously WG, fix this asap. You might just end up losing more money in the future by not doing it.

Sign in to follow this