Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Bootack_of_Mar_Mar

Admiral Hipper Det problem

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Players
9 posts
1,998 battles

So... is it just me or is there a sweet spot for the Hipper, where you will get increased chance of detonation. 'Cause it seems as if RN BB HE constantly detonates me. Had 5 games the past 3 - 4 days with me Hipper, 2 of them were detonations from higher tier RN BBs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[4_0_4]
Players
4,344 posts
10,737 battles

I know the Hipper used to have a weak spot right in front of the A turrent. I believed they fixed it awhile ago tho.

 

I've the problem that RN-BB can reliable knock out the engines of the Hipper. Even if they hit the main belt, the engine can be knocked out easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
4,200 posts
11,706 battles

Hipper is one of my major "off ships" in wows. I know there are a lot of fans but I couldn't make it to function. It took me about 3 months until I finally got the nerve to buy Roon when I lost my way there. Roon was doing very fine and now I have Hindenburg. Though my stats are saying the opposite I highly like this ship and I find it a blast to play. As introduction to your post, of all the suffering I had on Mister (like in miss a shot (shatter, bounce, overpen, pen without dam, miss altogehter, 0,000001% fire chance with HE and all before mentioned problems with AP) a higher chance of detonation wasn't one of them. heck I often prayed for a detonation on this abomination: that would at least granted me flags for the inevitable kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9 posts
1,998 battles
6 hours ago, Zemeritt said:

I know the Hipper used to have a weak spot right in front of the A turrent. I believed they fixed it awhile ago tho.

 

I've the problem that RN-BB can reliable knock out the engines of the Hipper. Even if they hit the main belt, the engine can be knocked out easily.

Thing is, all the times that I have been detonated, the shell found itself hitting the box-y part of the ship in the middle. That's why i'm wondering. Of course. Not because of salt or anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,405 posts
14,381 battles

Never been detonated in Hipper, though it is a bit of an "off ship" for me too. But I have begun having some fairly good games in her too just recently, even managing to Citadel the much vaunted Roon several times from a distance (well not too long, some 10-12km away) so there is still hope. Just keep practicing. :cap_like: I am specially proud of that one, I am new to playing Cruiser and never used to manage any Citadels on anything from any distance or angle. Hhehehe! But play and learn I guess. :Smile_playing:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Players
1,771 posts
12,149 battles

Just bad luck. Sometimes you play weeks without a detonation and then, all of a sudden, you get detonated three times in a row in a Khaba. crap happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,405 posts
14,381 battles

True dat.. I once managed a record 5 times in a row in Yugumo... :fish_boom: Had to change ship and tier + add some useful flags just to be sure there won't be a 6th...:Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
3,583 posts
7,346 battles
2 hours ago, Bootack_of_Mar_Mar said:

Thing is, all the times that I have been detonated, the shell found itself hitting the box-y part of the ship in the middle. That's why i'm wondering. Of course. Not because of salt or anything.

Large caliber HE can trigger detonation without even hitting intended target, so yeah, working as intended:cap_book:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,648 posts
12,122 battles
25 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Large caliber HE can trigger detonation without even hitting intended target, so yeah, working as intended:cap_book:

 

Oh, we have Chuck Norris as special captain? :>

(Yes, I know such screenshots. Ridiculous mechanic)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
9 posts
1,998 battles

Welp.

6 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Never been detonated in Hipper, though it is a bit of an "off ship" for me too. But I have begun having some fairly good games in her too just recently, even managing to Citadel the much vaunted Roon several times from a distance (well not too long, some 10-12km away) so there is still hope. Just keep practicing. :cap_like: I am specially proud of that one, I am new to playing Cruiser and never used to manage any Citadels on anything from any distance or angle. Hhehehe! But play and learn I guess. :Smile_playing:

 Both Roon and Hindenburg are actually pretty easy to citadel. Just target his waterline armor at 10-12 km. Same doctrine for pretty much all KM ships. 

Edited by Bootack_of_Mar_Mar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
18 minutes ago, Bootack_of_Mar_Mar said:

Welp.

 Both Roon and Hindenburg are actually pretty easy to citadel. Just target his waterline armor at 10-12 km. Same doctrine for pretty much all KM ships. 

 

Don't you mean cruisers?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,806 posts
5,762 battles
1 minute ago, Bootack_of_Mar_Mar said:

Well if you're a bb and at longer distances, the same will apply for KM BBs

 

I was joking because that sentence could apply to all cruisers in game. :Smile_teethhappy:

 

And yes, I know, it's really funny to citadel the crap out of Gneisenaus and Bismarcks at 17 km broadside because of their untouchable citadels because what's the worse that an underrated Mutsu with "bad Nagato shells" could do to them? :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
301 posts
7,689 battles
9 hours ago, PricelessPlayingPancake said:

Got detonated from full hp by kgv he trough the bow twice. That was fun

Once got detonated from full HP in the Bismarck, 1 torpedo clipped the stern and that was that.

5 hours ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

 

I was joking because that sentence could apply to all cruisers in game. :Smile_teethhappy:

 

And yes, I know, it's really funny to citadel the crap out of Gneisenaus and Bismarcks at 17 km broadside because of their untouchable citadels because what's the worse that an underrated Mutsu with "bad Nagato shells" could do to them? :cap_haloween:

Citadel'ed a Bismarck with the Warspite before and that was under 10 km, same as when my Roon citadel'ed a Tirpitz from the front... that was weird?

They aren't impenetrable but it is generally better just to aim for full broadside pens as on average you do more damage as more shells land on target.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×