You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ASharpPencil

You cant escape KARMA

36 comments in this topic

Not saying that every game I am perfact...

But when I play my CV, I get vote when I do good and when I do bad.

But players think that you are there babysitter and just report you because the cannot see the overall picture or take a look at mini map...

See image and replay.

WG, just take this Karma system away PLS OR improve it!

Untitled.png

Edited

Edited by Asklepi0s
This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Naming and Shaming

Lord_WC   

Has sub 50% win rate in anything but noobtubs.

'Players can't see the big picture'

LMFAO

• Cool 1

Sorry dude. I basically agree it's irrational...:cap_wander:

BUT

WG cannot take away people's God given right to be total and complete a*sholes. That is everyone's God given right. That's why it cannot be improved on either. :cap_old:

Sad, but true, my best advise would be to not obsess abbouttit. It is what it is and it won't matter anyways. No bonuses on offer. :cap_money:

I used a strike Lexi earlier and find a nice, lonely, slow, straightlining GK popped up.
I decided that it was food.

30 seconds, 14 bombs, 6 torpedoes and 84k damage later, I get reported :Smile_teethhappy:

Karma is idiotic.

• Cool 1

30 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

LMFAO

Has 15 games on CVs and more than 75% of his games in division, cry.

• Cool 2

pra3y   

I watched the the first few minutes of the replay. While it's great that you killed of the enemy DD, what I don't get is why would you find it necessary to keep your fighters at C? Only the enemy Conqueror and NC were there and there is no reason why your fighters have to be there to spot those 2 ships. More so when both the remaining enemy DDs were spotted at A in addition the enemy CV's planes were focusing on A. Should have repositioned the fighters to A to spot the remaining enemy DDs and provide air cover while doing whatever else you want with those 2 enemy BBs with your strike planes. That may be why you got those negative karma, especially since your teammate was ping for help and there wasn't an actual need for your fighters to be at C at all.

PS: A isn't really a trap. In fact I feel that spawning south and going to C is a trap because of that huge rock near C blocking your way. No way for a ship to manoeuvre to avoid shots or torps. Going AB when spawning C is the better choice I feel.

Well, Karma system has its issues, but frankly, it could be improved tremendously with just one easy fix: no more than 1 compliment/report per person per battle, so nobody could dump all their reports on one person.

Although I personally would prefer a slightly different approach that (other than limiting reports you could give at once to one person) would slightly change the whole philosophy:

1. Get rid of daily report limits

2. Introduce reporting weight. Basically, the more you report people, the less your reports count. If you report someone once every 20 battles, your report could take away 5 of someone's Karma. But if you happen to be that ragekid that reports his whole team every time he loses (plus an extra report to the enemy who killed him), your reports would take some 0,1 Karma tops.

3. Make reports and compliments stack better if from independent (not the same clan OR division) sources: 3 compliments/reports from 3 different people in one match should be worth significantly more than three times as much as a single compliment/report - basically, if 1 person reports you for misbehavior in chat, it might be just a rage report for getting their butt kicked or for not following some retarded idea of theirs. If 3 unrelated (it's important, we don't want divs report-sniping anyone) people do so, you're most likely actually being an asṣhole.

• Cool 2

29 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

It always amazes me, that some ppls first choice is to open up a statpage and look for any kind of weakness before writing an answer. How exactly are you contributing to the thread? For ppl like you I wish every person would have a barcode tatoo on their forehead, scanned with a smartphone it shows up all your failures in life. So you walk down the street and someone shouts to you "LMFAO HAD TO REPEAT KINDERGARDEN - TWICE!".

9 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

Karma is idiotic.

This. Enough said. What IS annoying tho is the mechanic behind "misbehavoir in chat". It can a) be abused and b) seems to be the only type of report that has any real effect?

• Cool 6

8 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

It always amazes me, that some ppls first choice is to open up a statpage and look for any kind of weakness before writing an answer. How exactly are you contributing to the thread?

While I disagree with your opinion on Karma as such, I must say I don't understand people who bring up stats in situations that really, REALLY have nothing to do with them. When someone brings up stats in a discussion about balance or tactics - fair game as personal performance does affect one's credibility when talking about things like these. But when the thread is about dissatisfaction about getting reported for bad play in a match that really went well? The OP could be a straight-30% bot-would-be-better tomato that managed to somehow get this one match straight - and it still wouldn't matter. His points would remain just as valid, or just as invalid - and his skill in the game neither adds nor subtracts from his credibility in this case.

So what's the point of bringing stats up?

• Cool 2

19 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

30 seconds, 14 bombs, 6 torpedoes and 84k damage later, I get reported :Smile_teethhappy:

OMG! :cap_wander_2:You did that? You evil, evil man! :etc_red_button:

Evil.jpg.6b959cf12162d574ca7ac5d8778e1edf.jpg

But yeah, I've often noticed the same trend. My karma tends to go down, sometimes quite drastically, just when I did especially good... But then again, it sometimes also increases, when I did well, there's no logic to it so I just stopped looking for one and enjoy my ratings, as they are... That's just fine.:cap_tea:

5 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

OMG! :cap_wander_2:You did that? You evil, evil man! :etc_red_button:

Evil.jpg.6b959cf12162d574ca7ac5d8778e1edf.jpg

That's what happens when someone free xp's to T10 and has no idea how to target a specific squadron, so focuses a DB squadron 4km away rather than TBs coming at a perfect angle :Smile_teethhappy:

12 minutes ago, eliastion said:

with just one easy fix: no more than 1 compliment/report per person per battle, so nobody could dump all their reports on one person.

I always wondered - does it really matter, if I throw all my reports at one person? Or doest it register as only 1. I gotta be honest - I sometimes piss of somebody that hard with the power of chat and see my karma drop by 1. Judging from the rage, You´d think at some point someone would have thrown all his reports at me, or atleast more then 1. But then again, maybe I entertained the other half of the team so much, that they complimented me. :cap_yes:

16 minutes ago, eliastion said:

basically, if 1 person reports you for misbehavior in chat, it might be just a rage report for getting their butt kicked or for not following some retarded idea of theirs. If 3 unrelated (it's important, we don't want divs report-sniping anyone) people do so, you're most likely actually being an asṣhole

This was, what I meant when talking about abusing the Karma. And thus I dislike the Karma. Id love to have a nice number behind my name, for some time, I actually had quite a decent number. Now its 4. Actually, I rage less then I used to and I play much better then before. Last I suspect to be the reason for my Karma-drop, hugly influenced by my ship of choise. Ive been insulted (and most likely reported) by enemys more then by my own teammates. Play RN CLs, kill a few enemys from smoke and you will see your Karma drop...

But who cares though> ? Karma means nothing and does nothing. Mine is at 120 odd and has been for months, so what?

59 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

LMFAO

Hmm, that the same as using karma ... Naming and shaming :(

robihr   
12 minutes ago, Dragnorak said:

But who cares though> ? Karma means nothing and does nothing. Mine is at 120 odd and has been for months, so what?

karma is one most important stat in game. it gives you option of more reports :Smile_trollface:

1 minute ago, Dragnorak said:

Only thing it does that u have more reports the higher it is. Not sure tho where it actually increases. I have had 9 in the 50-70s range. But when u have low karma its 7, that i now.

Other than that, its pretty stupid. I try to use as compliments aswell, but usually i dont see why. If a DD smoke screens me ill compliment him. If i see a player doing exceptionally well ill compliment him. If a CV covers me with AA (when asked or not) ill compliment him.

Basicly teamwork stuff. But WG seems to discourage ppl from teamwork so everyone can play his  :Smile_child: on his own.

28 minutes ago, pra3y said:

I watched the the first few minutes of the replay. While it's great that you killed of the enemy DD, what I don't get is why would you find it necessary to keep your fighters at C? Only the enemy Conqueror and NC were there and there is no reason why your fighters have to be there to spot those 2 ships. More so when both the remaining enemy DDs were spotted at A in addition the enemy CV's planes were focusing on A. Should have repositioned the fighters to A to spot the remaining enemy DDs and provide air cover while doing whatever else you want with those 2 enemy BBs with your strike planes. That may be why you got those negative karma, especially since your teammate was ping for help and there wasn't an actual need for your fighters to be at C at all.

PS: A isn't really a trap. In fact I feel that spawning south and going to C is a trap because of that huge rock near C blocking your way. No way for a ship to manoeuvre to avoid shots or torps. Going AB when spawning C is the better choice I feel.

There where a lot of CL in game, I didn't see the need to stay with main fleet.

Form me it was more important to keep A sport tor our small force in A. Spot for them so the can use smoke and spot for torps.

With A safe it's was easy to help then the rest of the team.

Karma is the e-pe.nis of WoWs. Useless as fck, but eveyone want to have the biggest one.

p.s. why the actually fck is p.e.n.i.s a word on the censor list? It's a normal word and a normal body part. Some people are just a little bit too moronic when it comes to censor crap.

• Cool 1

pra3y   
3 minutes ago, ASharpPencil said:

There where a lot of CL in game, I didn't see the need to stay with main fleet.

Form me it was more important to keep A sport tor our small force in A. Spot for them so the can use smoke and spot for torps.

With A safe it's was easy to help then the rest of the team.

You weren't spotting A mate, you were spotting C. That's why one of the reason why the Yamato was pinging you at the start, especially when the enemy Shima and Benson were spotted at A. I get that he was kinda irritating pinging the whole way but at least at that point in time was a good enough reason to spot A with at least 1 fighter. Enemies at C were all BBs, 2 Conqueror and 1 NC, so they could be easily spotted. Even if you don't spot them, you could have wrecked them without the need for those fighters being there. There were no smoke ships on your team on that flank, so no point spotting for them. And like I said, both the remaining enemy DDs were at A after you killed off that German DD at the start so you should have spotted the torps at A not C. Nothing wrong with killing off those enemy BBs at C but I feel that it was a waste of scouting potential and air cover for your team keeping your fighters there.

Ysterpyp   
21 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Karma is the e-pe.nis of WoWs. Useless as fck, but eveyone want to have the biggest one.

p.s. why the actually fck is p.e.n.i.s a word on the censor list? It's a normal word and a normal body part. Some people are just a little bit too moronic when it comes to censor crap.

my e.pen is 117 big atm. and it gets smaller when i play cv's lul

2 hours ago, Ysterpyp said:

my e.pen is 117 big atm. and it gets smaller when i play cv's lul

Mine always gets bigger when I see forum members. Theirs gets bigger too!

23 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Can related to that. It's funny how we all help each other in that. :Smile_trollface:

Aotearas   
35 minutes ago, Xevious_Red said:

Well, people do accuse us forumites of being a selfcongratulatory circlejerk, so it's only natural our epeen would inflate each time we meet another. It's just the laws of attraction.

Spoiler

On a slightly more serious note, only reason I pay attention to karma is to see if it goes up or down. The going down arguably being more important, because it means I did well enough to really, really piss someone off. :Smile_trollface: 

• Cool 3