The_Listener

Refund for premium ship

20 comments in this topic

Question

[OMPG]
Players
24 posts

To WG Staff:

Since all ships and even premium DD's have excellent AA suit now thanks to the powered up AA defense consumable. I feel that playing carriers is not competitive and fun anymore especially with Saipan torpedo planes that die instantly with ever excessive AA barrages. So is it possible to ask for a refund of the said ship and buy another one preferably anything that doesn't concern with planes?

19 answers to this question

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,414 posts
5,096 battles

There are no refunds, or if they are, just when WG feels like it after huge game mechanic changes (eg you can sell your Kuto or Belfast for gold atm after smoke changes).

For minor rebalances or just a new ship: nope, forget it.

[OMPG]
Players
24 posts
2 hours ago, Ilya_Wolf said:

:fish_palm:

again completely missing the point about me referring to the 3 planes per squad TORPEDO PLANES which are not able to get an extra plane through that captain skill...

as for baiting the def AA, you will ALWAYS lose at least one plane while doing this, for whatever reason the 3rd plane of saipans torpedo squads always dies to the first sniff of AA

sure a saipan in the right hands or against total idiots can be potent, the point of this thread however was the massive negative impact on its performance due to the AA buff from like 6 months ago and the more recent def AA buff

honestly i think premium CVs have been much harder hit than these balance changes than the smoke changes which resulted in refunds being available for certain cruisers...

My thoughts exactly they offer refunds for Kutuzov, Belfast, and Perth due to smoke mechanic changes why not offer refunds for premium CV's for the Def AA buff change.. I've seen one of Flamu's video about an AA build KIDD. It's even better than some AA cruisers because of the buff AA Def consumable..

[T_I_W]
Players
139 posts
8,868 battles
18 hours ago, The_Listener said:

Have anyone with Saipan notice that the torp planes tend to slowdown a little bit during torp drops with makes them more vulnerable with AA? Also the torp spacing is a little bit wider if you tried to torp a DD even with cross-drops its harder now. Saipan also suffers when you joined a two CV team, enemy teams tend to focus you and swamp you with multiple fighters negating your 4 fighter squadron. Also I noticed during some battles that other CV's especially US ones they can strafe without losing planes now, am I just imagining it or they changed CV mechanics now???

You might have confused exit strafing with normal strafing? exit strafe costs 1 plane for all but saipan, normal strafe just uses up a chunk of ammo

The fragility of torp planes combined with the awful drop patterns make it so you cant reliably hunt DDs even if you can pull off a near perfect cross drop against a good player the gaps are just too big

Combine this with the very low alpha damage and almost non existant flood chances i almost never play torps anymore

CVs in general are in a terrible place for most of the year, saipan is the only premium released before the disgusting AA changes, they probably would have designed it differently if they knew the planes would have to survive this much abuse... people love to quote the T9 plane thing and say they are too high tier to die, they forget or are too ignorant to understand that at those tiers, its normal to lose half a squad trying to drop on something and hey guess what saipan only has half squad to begin with!

Sure against t5 AA its silly, T6 AA many ships have already reached disgusting plane deletion levels, T7+ is just a bunch of no fly zones all over the map..

To the guy who keeps going on about getting the captain skill... i have it, i was scouting with my fighter (and trying to block that flank from the enemy hiryu) and the enemy KIDD decides he aint having none of it, approaches in STEALTH (AA turned off..) then by the time he pops up and in the few seconds it takes for me to tell fighters to go away from it, i lose 3 of 4 fighters to his def AA meaning i have to rearm that group.. a fact hiryu was waiting for of course

The extra plane is for making your own strafes more powerful, it does almost nothing for survivability of an effective group of planes, as soon as a single of your fighters is dead the enemy CV can just latch on and beat you, even KAGA can do this because 5v3 is completely one sided (to say nothing of the 30% bonus from the tier differences captain skill)

It would be one thing if you could scout enemy ships from a safe distance, but most ships now have almost as much AA range as the spotting range from air leaving the CV with very little option to influence a match outside using his planes in kamikaze attempts against the abundance of brokenly strong AA ships

[OMPG]
Players
24 posts

Really? I guess its my fault falling prey for this company's marketing strategies. I've learned my lesson now. That would be my last purchase...

[T_I_W]
Players
139 posts
8,868 battles

Please give me example of T6-T8 ships that do not have disgustingly strong AA

saying things like "avoid high AA ships" makes me think you have not played CV at these tiers since the AA rework

At this point it is pretty much just german and japanese destroyers that dont immediately delete the first 1-2 torp planes as they approach, which renders the 3 plane squads worthless, sods law says that it is always the torp that would have hit the target that dies just before the drop

[CATS]
Players
14,708 posts
10,879 battles
  • All DD
  • Aoba
  • Myoko
  • Mogami
  • Nuernberg
  • Graf Spee
  • Yorck
  • Leander
  • Perth
  • Molotov
  • Bayern
  • Warspite
  • Fuso
  • Mutsu
  • Nagato
  • Amagi
  • New Mex
  • Arizona
  • Dunkerque
  • French Tier VI & VII cruiser
  • Tier VII CVs
  • Some more

And you should get a 10 point commander on your CV and get the extra plane for squadrons.

[T_I_W]
Players
139 posts
8,868 battles
17 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:
  • All DD - Nope, americans delete planes almost as fast as cruisers without def AA
  • Aoba - NOPE
  • Myoko - WTF NO...
  • Mogami - Seriously?! this thing shreds planes
  • Nuernberg - Nope, still deleting multiple planes on the way in
  • Graf Spee - NOPE this thing has disgusting AA for reasons unknown
  • Yorck - NOPE still deleting multiple planes before drop
  • Leander - MAYBE a little but still gonna delete most of your planes for striking it
  • Perth - What is this thing? it is almost never in any games...
  • Molotov - Same as above
  • Bayern - NOPE amazing rudder means you have to fly through its AA a long time for a drop that might hit, thus losing several planes before your chance at 1-2 torps hitting
  • Warspite - Sure i will give you this one
  • Fuso - Yep fuso has bad AA too
  • Mutsu - Dunno never really around..
  • Nagato - Similar AA to cruisers, you will lose half your planes going in
  • Amagi - Nothing will survive, you might get lucky and drop a few torps
  • New Mex - Do you even play the same game as me? this is like a cleveland without def AA
  • Arizona - Same as above but even more stupid AA
  • Dunkerque - Maybe a little weak AA
  • French Tier VI & VII cruiser - The t6 maybe but the t7 has plenty of punch that when def AA is used its gonna delete most/all
  • Tier VII CVs - Need to hit at least 5 of 6 torpedos for the kill, if they use WSAD hacks you will lose too many planes lining up the drop
  • Some more - Yeah no clearly you have not played saipan or CV in general at this sort of tiers

And you should get a 10 point commander on your CV and get the extra plane for squadrons. - really? please show me the captain skill that gives an extra plane for TORPEDO squads

Please remember this is in regards to saipans 3 plane torpedo squadrons

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,414 posts
5,096 battles

When you got problems killing Tier6s with your Saipan then the problem is not the AA or the Saipan.

IJN ships do NOT have the AA to stop a Saipan at all. Cruisers get Def fire, a clever CV lures you to trigger it, waits and then bombs you to hell while you cooldown. If he wants you dead, you are dead. Unless you spend sh*tloads of captain points on AA a IJN CA will never waste your T9 planes.

I laughed a lot after reading your answer.

I am a almost pure CA/CL player and have a pretty good understanding of which ship has to fear a Saipan and which ship laughes at it. Up to and including Tier7 there are a handfull of ships that you should avoid at all costs, and all of them are US.

[T_I_W]
Players
139 posts
8,868 battles
29 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

I did. Most of these ships have difficulties vs Tier VII planes and Saipan has Tier IX.

And as I said, get the extra plane!

:fish_palm:

again completely missing the point about me referring to the 3 planes per squad TORPEDO PLANES which are not able to get an extra plane through that captain skill...

as for baiting the def AA, you will ALWAYS lose at least one plane while doing this, for whatever reason the 3rd plane of saipans torpedo squads always dies to the first sniff of AA

sure a saipan in the right hands or against total idiots can be potent, the point of this thread however was the massive negative impact on its performance due to the AA buff from like 6 months ago and the more recent def AA buff

honestly i think premium CVs have been much harder hit than these balance changes than the smoke changes which resulted in refunds being available for certain cruisers...

[OMPG]
Players
24 posts

Have anyone with Saipan notice that the torp planes tend to slowdown a little bit during torp drops with makes them more vulnerable with AA? Also the torp spacing is a little bit wider if you tried to torp a DD even with cross-drops its harder now. Saipan also suffers when you joined a two CV team, enemy teams tend to focus you and swamp you with multiple fighters negating your 4 fighter squadron. Also I noticed during some battles that other CV's especially US ones they can strafe without losing planes now, am I just imagining it or they changed CV mechanics now???

[OMPG]
Players
24 posts
3 hours ago, Sargento_YO said:

Lesson number 1: Avoid high AA ships unless you have no other choice.

I know which ships to avoid but sometimes fate disagrees.. There are too many Missouris, Neptunes, Baltimores, New Orleans now. One time a Gneisenau even melted one of the two torp squads I have even before they have a chance to drop torps (come to think of it maybe that Gneisenau cap is AA build).

[OMPG]
Players
24 posts
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

I did. Most of these ships have difficulties vs Tier VII planes and Saipan has Tier IX.

Dude you were referring to fighters, the problem is the torp planes they drop  like bricks now and I have a level 14 captain

[OMPG]
Players
24 posts
4 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

You could learn how to play your ship.

There are enough ships with weak AA and ships without that consumable.

Nobody asks you to attack US cruisers.

I totally lost your point..........

[OMPG]
Players
24 posts
7 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

No surprise...

Yeah care to rephrase your comment? Because IIRC I never mentioned any "US cruisers"

[CATS]
Players
14,708 posts
10,879 battles

You could learn how to play your ship.

There are enough ships with weak AA and ships without that consumable.

Nobody asks you to attack US cruisers.

[CATS]
Players
14,708 posts
10,879 battles

[CATS]
Players
14,708 posts
10,879 battles

Then ignore ships that could have DefAA and attack them at the end.

There are enough ships left on the list.

But I seriously doubt that Tier VI ships will get any planes even with DefAA.