ABED1984

Pan Asian DDs and Cruisers

31 comments in this topic

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,048 posts
29,707 battles

Are we gonna get a list of the Cruisers that are immune to "Deep Water" torpedoes?

I think not all Cruisers will get sunk from these torps.

[BK]
Players
45 posts
3,224 battles
53 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

All of them?

Didn't they drop the shallow draft mechanic for a simple 'can't hit destroyers' torpedo.

I also thought  they will go with 'can't hit DD' mechanic, but the official announcement is:

'The new branch of destroyers all feature the new and exciting deepwater torpedoes that travel at greater depths and deal more damage to larger capital ships than standard torpedoes. But there is a catch though... they can also pass beneath a ship without hitting it, depending on the draft (the depth of a ship's keel below the waterline). So if you're facing other destroyers or shallow-draft cruisers, you may want to think twice before launching your deepwater torpedoes.'

[BK]
Players
45 posts
3,224 battles
10 minutes ago, ABED1984 said:

Does "Shallow-Draft" Cruisers refers to only RN?

I think there were some other cruisers beside RN ones which were immune to DW torps.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,085 posts
11,648 battles

I will repeat, in case you dudes didn't see my previous post.

The only ships that will not be affected by DW torpedoes will be DDs. EVERYTHING else will get hit by them. All cruisers, all BBs and all CVs.

• Cool 1

[BK]
Players
45 posts
3,224 battles
4 minutes ago, Teob_VG said:

I will repeat, in case you dudes didn't see my previous post.

The only ships that will not be affected by DW torpedoes will be DDs. EVERYTHING else will get hit by them. All cruisers, all BBs and all CVs.

I believe you. Don't get mad at us. :)

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,085 posts
11,648 battles
1 minute ago, romarkov said:

I believe you. Don't get mad at us. :)

Well then - thread closed, problem solved. GG

Well done everyone!

• Cool 1

[OGHF]
Players
586 posts
11,070 battles

Some intersting info here, looks like the higher tier the deeper the torps go.

• Cool 1

Players
1,071 posts
8,168 battles
11 hours ago, Teob_VG said:

Well then - thread closed, problem solved. GG

Well done everyone!

Then you should convince WG to post a proper official announcement. Because the official announcement on the website clearly reads:

But there is a catch though... they can also pass beneath a ship without hitting it, depending on the draft (the depth of a ship's keel below the waterline). So if you're facing other destroyers or shallow-draft cruisers, you may want to think twice before launching your deepwater torpedoes.

In terms of, if you launch torps at them you won't hit these ships with your torps.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles

If it's a choice then I see no reason to ever take DWP.

DDs should be trying to kill other DDs first imo, and that includes torping them so they steer into stuff or flushing them out of smoke.

Plenty of time to torp BBs afterwards and you don't need DWT for that.

Sure I'll give them a try and if they do slap cruisers too then that'll lead to more of the intermediate ship's salt being passed around.

• Cool 3

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,085 posts
11,648 battles
7 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Then you should convince WG to post a proper official announcement.

Not my job kemosabe. I am just trying to help people here and stop as much misinformation as I can.

@Negativvv It is not a choice. PanAsia DDs will have only DW torpedoes. Also, these things mostly have USN DD guns so you can go after other DDs just fine. I rarely fire my torpedoes at other DDs anyway.

[BK]
Players
45 posts
3,224 battles

Public test 0.6.14. announcement:

'Update 0.6.14 will bring a line of Pan-Asian ships to the game, comprising of one cruiser and nine destroyers. The new ships will carry a new type of weapon, deepwater torpedoes. A small detection radius and increased chances of flooding an enemy ship are a great counter when facing-off against enemy cruisers and battleships. But this advantage comes at a price—the new torpedoes cannot hit other destroyers.'

Confirmed.

• Cool 1

Community Contributor, Beta Tester
308 posts
5,384 battles

In thr current test version, Deep Water torpedoes are mandatory, not a choice. WG announced that we could make content without the *WiP* logos, meaning these are likely finalized (except then the flag debacle happened, and now we have to) 

So unless we have some drastic last second changes, you're stuck with DWT

[CLADS]
Players
151 posts
9,962 battles

Just wondering if they get spotted by aircraft since they travel deeper beneath the surface, anyone knows? 

[PNAVY]
[PNAVY]
Players
1,048 posts
29,707 battles
4 hours ago, lycea said:

Just wondering if they get spotted by aircraft since they travel deeper beneath the surface, anyone knows? 

I read that they will not get spotted by planes but I might test that in training room.

[LEWD]
Beta Tester
72 posts
8,478 battles

They have the same spotting mechanic as every oter torpedo. Just the detection is shorter.

So yes they will get spotted by planes but the planes have to be very close to detect them.

Hydro also works normal and spots them.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
Players
4,211 posts
6,775 battles
17 minutes ago, Procrastes said:

Are they going to change the torpedoes on the Lo Yang and the Anshan into deepwater torpedoes?

as far as I know - no

• Cool 1

[-GG-]
Players
160 posts
10,576 battles

WoWs is drifting toward the same misery that WoT.

New DD line puts a big ? behind a question "WTF should I continue to grind/play IJN and KM destroyers".

What  will be te use of Z-52 hydro if it's outspoted by 300m and can be radared ... or Shima that has 1,7km torp-spotting distance vs 0,7km on PA tier X ... 

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,085 posts
11,648 battles
50 minutes ago, radius77 said:

New DD line puts a big ? behind a question "WTF should I continue to grind/play IJN and KM destroyers".

What  will be te use of Z-52 hydro if it's outspoted by 300m and can be radared ... or Shima that has 1,7km torp-spotting distance vs 0,7km on PA tier X ... 

I will concede the Shima side. That boat is getting pushed into irrelevance more and more.

But are you serious about the Z52? The Z52 is and will remain the strongest all-purpose DD in the game. Good torpedoes, decent guns, decent fire chance, great damage on the AP (if target is broadside) - these things would make the Z52 a decent boat on their own. But on top of that it has Hydro which makes it the single best cap contester in the game.

If a Z52 wants a cap, it will take that cap unless you bring bigger friends with radar.

The Pan Asia DDs will be free xp pinatas for KM DDs if they run into each other.

[BAD-B]
Players
650 posts
2,324 battles
21 hours ago, radius77 said:

The PA DDs cannot flush out other DDs from smoke safely (can't use torps for that) and if they use radar for that, they cannot really shoot or they will be visible (it can be done if circumstances are correct, but you do not control how the target DD works with smoke).

Z-52 will still be king in this regard. The Shima sucks against cruisers, is decent in torping smokes and is still fine torping DDs. Its self-defense was always weak and that does not change with PA DDs ....

Players
3,591 posts
7,312 battles
On 28/11/2017 at 3:56 PM, Teob_VG said:

The Z52 is and will remain the strongest all-purpose DD in the game

Honest question, what does Z-52 get over and above the Z-46?

Same guns (bit more range), a very minor torpedo upgrade, +400 HP but even less maneverable and stealthy, I can't see anything that makes it look worth guaranteed T10 MM and T10 service cost.

Sign in to follow this