Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Blixies

Sims and XP

17 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,857 posts
5,236 battles

Hello thar!

So I dusted off my Sims after a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time and was surprised about how much XP I got form my below average contribution.

 

What is up with that? I have seen mentioned somewhere that the Sims gets some "extra" XP, but I thought it's some kind of a tinfoil conspiracy, apparently not.

 

Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Dunno I got 7k just now from a 90k damage, 4 kill win.

 

First win of the day, base XP 2k. No flag buffs.

 

Seems fine...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
4,888 posts
9,393 battles

Each ship has it's own XP factor that is part of the input to generate base XP.

 

So:

 

1. Actions in battle that generate XP * Ship tied XP factor = base XP (the one in the team list of your post battle result screen).

 

2. Base XP + Modifiers (first win of the day, XP camos and signals, premium time) = overall XP.

 

 

From observation (!) in the T7 Ranked seasons we had, it became obvious that the Sims has a high (if not the highest) ship tied XP factors of the game.

 

 

Greetings

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
2 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

From observation (!) in the T7 Ranked seasons we had, it became obvious that the Sims has a high (if not the highest) ship tied XP factors of the game.

:Smile_great:

I noticed quite the same in ranked.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Sims was like having a hack...

 

One cap and a DD kill was often all that was needed to come top of a losing team so you retained your star.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,857 posts
5,236 battles

So nothing official I take it?

Thanks for sharing your experiences though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,857 posts
5,236 battles
16 minutes ago, Allied_Winter said:

Each ship has it's own XP factor that is part of the input to generate base XP.

Can it be found anywhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
Just now, Blixies said:

Can it be found anywhere?

Don't think so, each Prem ship has their own modifiers that aren't linked to camo.

 

Like how Missouri's money making potential is through the roof compared to any other ship but the factors behind it are not recorded anywhere.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,857 posts
5,236 battles
5 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Sims was like having a hack...

 

One cap and a DD kill was often all that was needed to come top of a losing team so you retained your star.

This is a bloody helpful notion, have to remember that! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,857 posts
5,236 battles
10 minutes ago, von_chom said:

sims is well known for having bigger xp gain coefficient

Right... does it influence the credit gain as well?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester
1,676 posts
12,274 battles
1 hour ago, Blixies said:

Hello thar!

So I dusted off my Sims after a looooooooooooooooooooooooooong time and was surprised about how much XP I got form my below average contribution.

 

What is up with that? I have seen mentioned somewhere that the Sims gets some "extra" XP, but I thought it's some kind of a tinfoil conspiracy, apparently not.

 

Thanks.

 

All ships have specific base XP modifiers, so for the same actions you will get more or less XP depending on ships.

Sims indeed has an above average base XP modifier.

 

What they are is not known or published officially as far as I know, however there is an official confirmation that they exist:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.5.3

As you can see in the "Economy Changes" part some ships were getting in that patch either reduced or increased XP earnings.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,857 posts
5,236 battles
26 minutes ago, daki said:

 

All ships have specific base XP modifiers, so for the same actions you will get more or less XP depending on ships.

Sims indeed has an above average base XP modifier.

 

What they are is not known or published officially as far as I know, however there is an official confirmation that they exist:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Update_0.5.3

As you can see in the "Economy Changes" part some ships were getting in that patch either reduced or increased XP earnings.

Indeed! Never knew this, alhough it's a bit useless knowledge, because the actual values are not known.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Moderator
4,888 posts
9,393 battles
34 minutes ago, Blixies said:

Indeed! Never knew this, alhough it's a bit useless knowledge, because the actual values are not known.

 

True! But, through this we know that such a ship tied XP factor exists and from observation (mostly from ranked) we know that the Sims has a pretty high base XP for very little action done in battle. Thus it's quite safe to say that this is not only a correlation but that the high base XP is caused (!) by a high ship tied XP factor.

 

Edit: I made similar observations with the Des Moines (and even Flamu said at least once on his stream that the Des Moines got way more base XP out of a certain game than any other T10 cruiser would've gotten).

 

 

Greetings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

Atlanta also has a pretty nice XP multiplier (And you usually nail DDs) 

I think the "worst" a ship is the better the xp multiplier is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,857 posts
5,236 battles
2 minutes ago, Migulaitor said:

Atlanta also has a pretty nice XP multiplier (And you usually nail DDs) 

I think the "worst" a ship is the better the xp multiplier is

But the Sims is not a bad ship, is it?

The torpedos are a literal joke with a propeller attached, but otherwise? Flawless!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×