You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Horin728

Why giving the Midway T8 planes is seriously bad idea

44 comments in this topic

Horin728   

Those planes in the video are T9 planes... Falling like rocks.

And the buff didn't stop at the Kidd.

Not to mention USN cruiser split.

And USS Salem.

And the fact that every bloody ship released has more and more AA! Want examples? British - both lines, French cruisers, KI. 

Seriously, there is nothing left to strike in some games. 

I know there is rework coming, but it seems it's months (well in all seriousness it already is YEARS) in the making.

Ferry_25   

i think it'd be an excellent idea. In fact give all CV's Wright brothers' biplanes. I'm here to fight ships *Edited. Go and play wowp if you don't like it. Please: WG has made an very nice update!

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 1

11 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

i think it'd be an excellent idea. In fact give all CV's Wright brothers' biplanes. I'm here to fight ships not air disease. Go and play wowp if you don't like it. Please: WG has made an very nice update!

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to disrespectful comments and provocation.
  • Cool 1

With comments like that, I predict this thread will soon be closed for being unconstructive.

No one cares what you are here for. This game is about warships, and that includes carriers. If you can't deal with that, perhaps you should find another game.

Ferry_25   
11 hours ago, AgarwaenME said:

*Edited

*Edited CV players are *Edited which are somehow always (nearly) on my team (assuming they even wake up in a match) who don't understand anything about this game. Yes there are epic players around but they are so rare and always seem to have the red color in my case.*Edited Not scouting, let me or another BB getting fully torp dropped while their fighters are standing idle, letting the planes take the most long detour around the map borders to snipe the other CV, pushing into the front line like they're the top BB's in the fleet, redrawing their precious planes right over their own DD's thus reveling their position, kill stealing already doomed ships thus taking an eternity to reload again . No really I can miss those abominations rather sooner than later.

• Cool 2

*Edited CV players are *Edited which are somehow always (nearly) on my team (assuming they even wake up in a match) who don't understand anything about this game. Yes there are epic players around but they are so rare and always seem to have the red color in my case.*Edited Not scouting, let me or another BB getting fully torp dropped while their fighters are standing idle, letting the planes take the most long detour around the map borders to snipe the other CV, pushing into the front line like they're the top BB's in the fleet, redrawing their precious planes right over their own DD's thus reveling their position, kill stealing already doomed ships thus taking an eternity to reload again . No really I can miss those abominations rather sooner than later.

*Edited

You're not serious right? 

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive content.

Seinta   

*Edited CV players are *Edited which are somehow always (nearly) on my team (assuming they even wake up in a match) who don't understand anything about this game. Yes there are epic players around but they are so rare and always seem to have the red color in my case.*Edited Not scouting, let me or another BB getting fully torp dropped while their fighters are standing idle, letting the planes take the most long detour around the map borders to snipe the other CV, pushing into the front line like they're the top BB's in the fleet, redrawing their precious planes right over their own DD's thus reveling their position, kill stealing already doomed ships thus taking an eternity to reload again . No really I can miss those abominations rather sooner than later.

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive content.

10 hours ago, Seinta said:

*Edited

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Off-Topic content.

El2aZeR   

*Edited BB players are *Edited which are somehow always (nearly) on my team (assuming they even sail into battle and not to the edge of the map) who don't understand anything about this game.

Fify.

16 hours ago, Horin728 said:

Those planes in the video are T9 planes.

Wrong, they're T8 planes. Enemy Taiho in that video is completely stock.

As others have already pointed out, that aircraft is T8, not T9. Also, it is Japanese aircraft, so they are incredibly squishy compared to the USN counterparts. What does any of this has to do with the Midway changes?

I was striking two fully AA spec'd  USS Kidd destroyers alongside each other the other day in a fully developed Taiho, and the only thing that disturbed me was the AA skill. If I waited it out, it was nothing you couldn't handle with some common sense.

Nechrom   

I've made successful drops with Enterprise tier 7 planes against Montanas. Sure I didn't get many planes back, but they made a good strike.

Midway doesn't have Enterprise's reserve issue, so loosing some planes every attack shouldn't be a problem.

Giving the Midway tier 8 planes is so that it can have a balanced load-out with the new AP bombs and 6 squads.

It's not like back in the day I hated torps, specially CV dropped ones that I spend a few weeks at the training room with 3/4 CVs or DDs against me until I learned to emulate Matrix a decent amount of times against them while sailing a BB and I'll try to be less vocal that our friend here, but...

Not a CV player, keep that in mind and I didn't pay much attention to CV related stuff, but I thing I overread something about giving Midway more torp squads again and a few here still remember how that was like.

So if it's true that the trade for more torp squadrons for Midway is that they're tier VIII ones, I'd say it's balanced. I get OP complaing and I really get why he says that but Midway wouldn't ever get more torps squads without that (or that's what I hope).

Also (take this my comments here with a pinch of salt since I don't really care about CVs and I'm not trying to be offensive here to CV main players) at least they're doing something with CVs at least, maybe could be better (like always) but it's something. And about the kind of comments this thread is getting shows that CVs are anyways the least played class, so most of the community won't bother I guess.

Horin728   
5 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Wrong, they're T8 planes. Enemy Taiho in that video is completely stock.

Sorry, made a mistake, still it illustrates the point even better.

kfa   
13 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

Thats okay mate, i usually blow all my reports on brainded Derpitz players who try to yolo in with their torps and die first and IJN DD players who doesnt go capping just cruising around dumping torps.

Ysterpyp   
9 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

i think it'd be an excellent idea. In fact give all CV's Wright brothers' biplanes. I'm here to fight ships not air disease. Go and play wowp if you don't like it. Please: WG has made an very nice update!

give us biplanes, but make it so you can send all 80 planes at once :cap_haloween::Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

imendars   
9 hours ago, Rosletyne said:

With comments like that, I predict this thread will soon be closed for being unconstructive.

No one cares what you are here for. This game is about warships, and that includes carriers. If you can't deal with that, perhaps you should find another game.

if something unfortunate happens to this thread i'm 100% certain lots of people will be happy, me included.

Corvi   

Midway is obviously badly OP and too good, so it needs a nerf. :cap_book:

Untitled.jpg

Lord_WC   
17 hours ago, Horin728 said:

Those planes in the video are T9 planes... Falling like rocks.

I won't touch the tier issue.

He also has DAA going. Wow, planes are falling like rocks if someone has DAA going! NURF IT!

The point of DAA is to kill planes, I'm flabberghasted that it actually does that.

Can't wait when WG finally fixes CVs and they won't have their spotting either. The tears will be so sweet.

14 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

i think it'd be an excellent idea. In fact give all CV's Wright brothers' biplanes. I'm here to fight ships *Edited. Go and play wowp if you don't like it. Please: WG has made an very nice update!

*Edited

I also adore how you came into a naval warfare game based around WWII and don't want to have to deal with planes and naval aviation.
It's like trying to play a game based in Vietnam and saying "remove helicopter gunships", or a WWI game and saying "trenches and tanks don't interest me, remove them"

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to discussing moderation actions.
  • Cool 2

dasCKD   
7 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

I love how comments criticizing this one were moderated as being "unconstructive", but yours barely camouflaging your use of the term "sky cancer" isn't.

I also adore how you came into a naval warfare game based around WWII and don't want to have to deal with planes and naval aviation.
It's like trying to play a game based in Vietnam and saying "remove helicopter gunships", or a WWI game and saying "trenches and tanks don't interest me, remove them"

I don't know why you're such a stickler, I always thought that the enemies should have had all their guns and torpedoes removed. Most naval combat takes place as part of raiding parties where warships attack cargo hauling targets. They should make it so that when I play my Hindenburg and Des Moines, I have an 80% chance of getting into a battle where all of the enemies are in large and slow civilian ships with giant citadels that I could just hunt down and kill. Doesn't matter what they've chosen in port, they should just be forced into civilian ships for me and specifically for me. I also don't know why none of my carriers can get anti-ship cruise missiles and constant radar, considering how most of the ships are cold war era. War Gaming should change the game to suit my ease of gaming over any other game balance concerns immediately!

• Cool 2

Mangrey   
40 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

I won't touch the tier issue.

He also has DAA going. Wow, planes are falling like rocks if someone has DAA going! NURF IT!

The point of DAA is to kill planes, I'm flabberghasted that it actually does that.

Can't wait when WG finally fixes CVs and they won't have their spotting either. The tears will be so sweet.

you know the cant fix CVs with out changing the AA ...... 

The reason the Midway for teh tir 8 torp bombers is that it has 2 of them (if youy dont know what this means then look at the IJN CVs or the Saipan and remember ther are 6!!! planes in a squad with 10k damage torpedos not 8k as the IJN).... the only US CV with that AND the metta for the US CV are bombes not torpedos US get AP and HE bombes

mang

25 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

Most naval combat takes place as part of raiding parties where warships attack cargo hauling targets. They should make it so that when I play my Hindenburg and Des Moines, I have an 80% chance of getting into a battle where all of the enemies are in large and slow civilian ships with giant citadels that I could just hunt down and kill

TL;DR:
Buff Scharnhorst :Smile_teethhappy: