MNR1357

Missouri or 2 tier 8 ships

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

53 posts in this topic

Hi, how are you guys.

I need help, I have 27100 doubloons and I want to get Missouri but some friends tell me to buy two other tier8 battleships like TIRPITZ and KII. I have ALABAMA and they say its so close to Missouri.

I need more Credit to buy my researched ships.

I will be thankful if anyone can help to make my decision.

I'd say go for Missouri. T8 MM puts you in T10 quite often right now. Missouri can get same concealment (12.2) as Alabama and her guns are much more accurate if you use the right modules.

She's also a lot faster than Alabama. Additionally she'll earn you TONS of silver and has radar!

1 person likes this

On 11/12/2017 at 7:23 PM, ForlornSailor said:

Alabama has nothing to do with Missouri.

I can Citadel Missouri too easy by ALABA and did it before several time but  when he board side.

I need a Credit maker, they say TIRPITZ is good also same for Missouri, I do great with ALABAMA average about 400k to 600k. but I need more, about 1 mil every battle.

Make this about what ships you would rather play than which ships have better credit earning ability. A ship with the latter is worthless to you if you do not like to play it, thus will never leave port with it often.

So get the tech tree counterparts first before making a decision as then you will have a rough idea on how a premium ship will play.

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, MNR1357 said:

I can Citadel Missouri too easy by ALABA and did it before several time but  when he board side.

If that's the priority, go for Tirpitz... :Smile_smile:

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, MNR1357 said:

Thats ofc a skill issue. Had a 1vs1 Missouri vs Alabama once and i just crap on it. 2 Salvos he was dead. Doesnt prove anything tho.

The strong point of the MIssouri is his Radar. Yes it is situational but if u can hit unexpected DDs because of the awesome Concealment early stages, then it sure helps u in the long run in the match.

Since you can't take two ships into one battle, the Missouri IMO is the more logical choice if you only care about the credit income. She gives more and if you don't care about a little less diversity there should be no problem.

If it is also about other things like training for a specific captains this might change.

3 minutes ago, MNR1357 said:

I need a Credit maker, they say TIRPITZ is good also same for Missouri, I do great with ALABAMA average about 400k to 600k. but I need more, about 1 mil every battle.

:cap_wander_2::cap_hmm:

Why do u need that kind of money? Its only recently that i got the missouri and didnt have any premiumships before that, but credits have never been an issue for me.

I saw your stats before u just hide them ( :Smile_trollface: ) but u had like 300+ battles in the Alabama? Thats like 150 mil according to your average... seems like a lot

3 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

:cap_wander_2::cap_hmm:

Why do u need that kind of money? Its only recently that i got the missouri and didnt have any premiumships before that, but credits have never been an issue for me.

I saw your stats before u just hide them ( :Smile_trollface: ) but u had like 300+ battles in the Alabama? Thats like 150 mil according to your average... seems like a lot

I make it public again, playing in tier 9 need huge amount of Credit, you know that. I can't play all time on ALABAMA, recently I have bought 8 ships only in 7 days.

2 tier 9, and 3 tier 8 with all upgrade.

Buy permium ships, grind MO.

Was that so hard to  guess as most logical answer? :D

19 minutes ago, MNR1357 said:

I make it public again, playing in tier 9 need huge amount of Credit, you know that. I can't play all time on ALABAMA, recently I have bought 8 ships only in 7 days.

Yes, but for me it feels weird to buy so many ships at the same time. I think the only time when it became really expensive for me when i unlocked Hindenburg, Neptune and Bismarck pretty much at the same time. One might say i progress pretty slowly as i basicly have no matches with T10 ships, but i just dont like the ships there so much and the playstyle of hightiers in general. Hipper and Takao i basicly had to play that much to get the ARP ships when they were last availabe one year ago. Even tho i like Takao as a ship, but the MM is pretty horrible.

4 minutes ago, MNR1357 said:

You play premium I presume. Otherwise that is next step. But play what is fun and what suits you. I have most premiums Nelson and Missouri included and now I am sitting on 800 K FreeXP for next ship. But I am very hesitant on DoY with no heal, One thing for credits if you have T10 ships is buying prem camos. Missouri I have had since early this year. i do not play her much, apart from credits I do not like her, more found of Alabama/NC.But spending so many doubloons for XP conversion? I do not think Missouri is worth it. The pay back time is very long. If you do not like Missouri far too long. I spent 5000 doubloons in XP conversion (on 35:1 offer) but that was the limit for me. You must compare what 27100 doubloons is in credits. If you have that problems with credits, you might be better off purchasing credits. Missouri for me is grind. 

Or wait for mushashi a tier 9 Yamato instead of mighty Mo.

or don't spend doubloons on the Missouri but just grind the free XP ...

30 minutes ago, lup3s said:

or don't spend doubloons on the Missouri but just grind the free XP ...

He said he wanted a prem ship that makes him a ton of money and the Mo is just that nothing else comes close to that kind of money making.

Except that the Mushashi is coming soon so he will have a choice of what tier 9 prem ship he wants.

2 minutes ago, piet11111 said:

He said he wanted a prem ship that makes him a ton of money and the Mo is just that nothing else comes close to that kind of money making.

Except that the Mushashi is coming soon so he will have a choice of what tier 9 prem ship he wants.

I know and I agree; my point is that you can get the Missouri for free (i.e. just by playing the game) - so you shouldn't spend money on it. :Smile_Default:

Just now, lup3s said:

I know and I agree; my point is that you can get the Missouri for free (i.e. just by playing the game) - so you shouldn't spend money on it. :Smile_Default:

Without flags and especially the dragon flags gathering the free xp will be a serious chore.

He has dubloons he wants to spend to get a great prem ship so sure he could grind it out but it would be a massive time investment.

In his shoes i would save the time and spend dubloons.

Missouri earns about a million credits per decent game, and up to two million for good games with flags. 

If earning tons of credits is what you're after, Missouri is definitely the easy choice. 

3 minutes ago, Sander93 said:

Missouri earns about a million credits per decent game, and up to two million for good games with flags. 

If earning tons of credits is what you're after, Missouri is definitely the easy choice. 

Except Mushashi is right around the corner and all but confirmed to be the next free xp ship.

Mo is not a bad choice but its necessary to make sure he is aware of the next ship.

Missouri is a very fun ship for me in addition to printing $$$.

Tirpitz dont take citadels but can take the same dmg in regular pens, suffers from T8 MM which atm is horrible against T10 and dont earn the same. No way I can recommend Tirpitz.

Also this

2 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

Make this about what ships you would rather play than which ships have better credit earning ability. A ship with the latter is worthless to you if you do not like to play it, thus will never leave port with it often.

So get the tech tree counterparts first before making a decision as then you will have a rough idea on how a premium ship will play.

1 person likes this

what about buy TIRPITZ and Kii as well instead off Missouri?

On 11/12/2017 at 10:04 PM, MNR1357 said:

what about buy TIRPITZ and Kii as well instead off Missouri?

No, not a good idea!!!

:cap_cool:

Unless you suck and die early a lot (which in BBs which are the options here, you shouldn't) you can't play two ships at the same time. Honestly even if you could I'm not sure that both Kii and Tirpitz would even come close to Missouri's money-printing ability.

If your decision is based solely on the need to make credits, go with Missouri, hands down. The tech tree versions of both Tirpitz and Kii are better anyways.

Missouri is the ultimate all round BB.

Great AP, great speed, decent armour when angled and RADAR.

It's all the higher tier BB you'll ever need. 

2 people like this

43 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Missouri is the ultimate all round BB.

Great AP, great speed, decent armour when angled and RADAR.

It's all the higher tier BB you'll ever need. 

And great accuracy! 

Strong AA + Radar lets you counter both of your hardcounters (CV/DD) btw, which is actually ridiculous. 

1 person likes this