Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
Kyone_Akashi

[ALL] Kantai Collection voicepacks: Nachi, Nagato, Sendai, Isokaze, Haruna, Zuikaku

18 comments in this topic

[HAIFU] Kyone_Akashi
16 posts
1,958 battles

Ahoy captains!

SERIES #1

Following Wargaming's recent changes to the way sound mods work, I've taken the opportunity to not only update my previous Sendai mod, but also to add both Nachi and Nagato to the fleet -- projects which I had begun some time ago, but simply left unfinished. My goal with these mods was to add some female anime voiceovers that sound a little more serious and mature compared to the various "schoolgirl" voices, thus expanding the variety of available voice packs.

SMS50R3.jpg

Nachi, the soldier: Speaking in a bold and masculine manner, Nachi may be the ideal choice if you're looking for a female captain who sounds like a professional military officer, at least as far as movies and videogames are concerned. She is a serious but gregarious fighter who embodies the samurai warrior archetype, up to inviting you to a drink after a successful battle. Recommended for: Cruisers and Battleships.

Nagato, the amazon: Serious and somewhat intimidating, Nagato nonetheless still has a soft side to her voice and keeps calm even under pressure. Compared to Nachi the fighter, Nagato is a commander who is used to plan and lead major maritime operations, befitting her original role as flagship of the IJN's Combined Fleet. Recommended for: Battleships and Carriers.

Sendai, the daredevil: Bridging the gap between the aforementioned "schoolgirl" voices and the maturity of Nachi or Nagato, Sendai falls somewhere in-between. Youthful and energetic, she's a confident swashbuckler who enjoys living on the edge and boasting of her exploits. Recommended for: Destroyers and Cruisers.

Samples

Downloads

SERIES #2

After a few weeks of being busy with other things, I've finally managed to cater to a few requests that had piled up. With exception of Isokaze (aka "Saberkaze", given her voice actress' role in the popular Fate franchise), these mods are probably on the less serious side. As I had already accomplished with series 1 what I initially set out to do, I figured there'd be no harm in adding a couple voices that are even more on the "fun" side of things. I particularly like how Zui turned out, as she's quite the chatterbox, which gave me lots of material to crop and rearrange.

series2.thumb.jpg.403df6dade1dce36a9c0e43042e9e545.jpg

Isokaze, stern protector: A mature voice belying her young appearance, Isokaze makes for a viable alternative to Nachi in that her personality seems similarly disciplined and focused on the action at hand. She shares a voice actress with Saber from the Fate franchise, with a noticeable similarity in her tone and speech patterns. Recommended for: Destroyers and Cruisers.

Haruna, the maiden: The epitome of purity, Haruna is a soft-spoken personality with a big heart, so humble that she speaks of herself in third person. Her very being seems consumed with an intense need to care for her friends and comrades, all too easily at the expense of her own safety or comfort. Recommended for: Cruisers and Battleships.

Zuikaku, the tsundere: A talented if hotheaded individual, Zuikaku intends to dominate the skies and show everyone how it's done. She takes great pride in her skill and, although not actively fostering an air of arrogance, can very quickly get very upset if her abilities are called into question. As quick to forgive as she is to take offense, her spirit and dedication still make her a good friend to have around .. if one can handle her occasional outbursts. Recommended for: Carriers.

Samples

Downloads

Description

These voicepacks have been created from scratch using files from the browser game and include a few manually cropped or merged voicelines to suit various events and triggers in WOWS as best as possible.
Due to the absence of carrier-related voicelines in the original, a number of pilots from the Yokosuka Girls Maritime High School have volunteered as air crew (meaning: fighter/bomber/spotter voices use HSF Harekaze's files), allowing this mod to support carrier gameplay as well. Notably, Harekaze's voicelines are also used in quick commands from other players, so that users of these mods will always hear the chosen captain for their own commands, whereas other ships will be represented with different voices, adding to the immersion of a diverse fleet.

Instructions & Troubleshooting

Download and unzip the chosen archive (or all of them) into your client's installation directory as follows:
.../World_of_Warships/res_mods/0.7.0.1/banks/Mods/

manual.jpg.3f1f57674476ef7994be006c82c2e7c7.jpg

After successful placement, new options (KC Nachi, KC Nagato, KC Sendai) should be available in the battle voiceover dropdown of the game's settings -> audio menu.

The mods should hopefully remain compatible with the game for some versions to come; just remember to move the mod's folder from the 0.6.13.1/banks/Mods/ directory into the same folder of the game's current version number.

If you cannot see the new options in the audio menu, please check if your game has a duplicate "banks" folder in the normal "res" directory and rename or move it elsewhere (safer than deletion), as it may override any and all voice mods you have installed.

I hope you will enjoy these new voices. See you on the high seas!

Edited by Kyone_Akashi
added series #2
  • Cool 6

In AlfaTesters
6,053 posts
5,136 battles

Oh, nice, I wanted something like that since a while ago.

And I actually feels like the ARP voice lack a bit of something, dunno what exactly, apart maybe from Nachi. I find myself liking more voices like Kancolle Yamato, Kiso or Isokaze.

And so would it be possible to do the same for Isokaze ? I love her serious "Saberkaze" voice. Kiso would be nice too, but I don't wanna ask for too much. x)

Like this :

https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/kancolle/images/2/23/Isokaze-Secretary_3.ogg/revision/latest?cb=20150308215119

"So be it... Isokaze shall be your opponent. I won't show mercy even if the commander should stand before me."

EDIT : Except that it actually doesn't work... I think the last mess of things they did with the audio folders is to blame. Any idea how to fix it ?

Edited by ShinGetsu

[HAIFU] Kyone_Akashi
16 posts
1,958 battles

Yes, I think some of the built-in voices are just ... a little unsuitable, perhaps, but this is of course entirely a matter of taste. :)

I did not originally plan to consider requests, but since you're the first person commenting, and as I find myself agreeing that Isokaze would make a fine addition, I'll add it to my to-do list!

Though, it may take a little while as I usually only work on stuff like this on the weekends. I don't think it will be too hard to collect suitable samples for her, though. From what I can see, there is a lot I can use.

On 11/18/2017 at 6:27 PM, ShinGetsu said:

EDIT : Except that it actually doesn't work... I think the last mess of things they did with the audio folders is to blame. Any idea how to fix it ?

Did you try the troubleshooting step outlined above? Do the new voice options not show up at all, or can you select them, but they do not play?

Also make sure that they are in the correct patch version directory; right now the files should be located in: \World_of_Warships\res_mods\0.6.13.1\banks\Mods

In AlfaTesters
6,053 posts
5,136 battles

So I removed my banks/ files from the res/, cleared my res_mods, and did exactly like you mentioned :

5a15fee733cf7_Doesntwork.thumb.png.6381564b8ac30469864fbc275f7997c0.png

And they still don't show up anywhere ingame.

shot-17_11.22_23_44.16-0655.thumb.jpg.e9b73da709cc317623efeffbfcbfe260.jpg

[HAIFU] Kyone_Akashi
16 posts
1,958 battles
1 hour ago, ShinGetsu said:

shot-17_11.22_23_44.16-0655.thumb.jpg.e9b73da709cc317623efeffbfcbfe260.jpg

I think I see the problem:

Your dropdown menu does not even list "Standard" as an option, which should be on the top. This does not mean that you will never be able to return to the game's default voices, but rather that the list of voices is too long to fit into the menu!

Try to first open the menu like you did on the screenshot, then move the mouse cursor inside, and use your mouse-wheel to scroll the list up/down. This should enable you to browse through other voice packs, provided the game has managed to locate them. I assume that the KC mods would be located somewhere above Ashigara.

In AlfaTesters
6,053 posts
5,136 battles

Nah, I already scrolled to makes sure I didn't miss anything when I took that screenshot.

[HAIFU] Kyone_Akashi
16 posts
1,958 battles

So "Standard" shows up, but not the mods? Hmm.

Have you removed only the files in the redundant res/banks folder, or the banks directory itself? I think the folder itself would have to be removed, so that the game may not recognize it as a source at all, regardless of whether it is empty or not.

I also notice your game directory is called "World_of_Warships2" -- does that mean there is another game folder?

In AlfaTesters
6,053 posts
5,136 battles

I had a duplicate of the game folders at some point of time, but not anymore. Hence the "2".

And yeah, I completely removed the folders. I really don't understand what is the problem there.

[HAIFU] Kyone_Akashi
16 posts
1,958 battles

This is tricky; I'm not sure what else it could be. I assume other players' voice mods would not work for you as well, then?

A drastic step could be to try and repair the game client (or outright reinstall it), then repeat the procedure, but obviously that would be time intensive and thus a bit of a bother...

I have heard from some people that their voice mods would work only if they set Voiceover Language to "National", but even if it were just this, the mods should still show up in your list. :(

In AlfaTesters
6,053 posts
5,136 battles

Guess I'll wait till next update, and only install your mod first, to see if another mod is conflicting or something.

[HAIFU] Kyone_Akashi
16 posts
1,958 battles

Sorry to hear it's still not working -- I just tried with a separate installation on another machine, but could not reproduce the issue here. :I
If I can think of any other possible solution I'll shoot you a PM. Maybe other players can pitch in with additional advice either in this thread or one of the others!

Edit: Just now I see that the devs have, just a few days ago, added API support for permanent mod recognition by the game client. I'll have to read up on the specifics, but I will try to convert the mod to this new method in an effort to save users the need to move folders after every patch. If I get this working, maybe it'll solve your issue, too!

[COSTS] Whistlersmom
23 posts
5,122 battles

Hi! I am also having the issue where the voice mods doesnt show ingame , only the standard and national voices. Tried several voice mods but still the same issue 

"UPDATE " 

Found fix in another forum thread 

Okay, so while working on making the Mermaid's Wrath working on 0.6.13 I have accidentally fixed the ARP/HSF/StevenSeagull not showing up in forced VOs problem...

Here's how you can fix that:

• Go to your warbotes folder, locate the res folder
  • Go to banks
  • Delete (or move somewhere else) the folders "Languages" and "OfficialMods" (but leave the file mod.xml)
  • Restart your warbotes client.
  • Your animu grrls should be back...

I suspect these folders (leftover from pre-0.6.6 era when they contained the actual data, now they're just empty folder trees, no files) are somehow messing up the mod detection of the client. Unfortunately, other mods are still borked...

This worked for me

• Cool 1

In AlfaTesters
6,053 posts
5,136 battles

I found the issue by installing the mod on another computer. As I expected, there was another mod conflicting. Problem is now solved.^^

Now I eagerly wait for an Isokaze version of it. Take your time tho. :3

[HAIFU] Kyone_Akashi
16 posts
1,958 battles
8 hours ago, ShinGetsu said:

I found the issue by installing the mod on another computer. As I expected, there was another mod conflicting. Problem is now solved.^^

Now I eagerly wait for an Isokaze version of it. Take your time tho. :3

Whew, thanks for getting back to me! I was kind of wracking my head over where the issue could be. Glad it's now solved, and I hope you like the mod!

I had put Isokaze on the backburner as the only person asking for her could not get the current mod working, but I guess she's back on the list now. LEwbetJ.png

In AlfaTesters
6,053 posts
5,136 battles

Yeah it's really great. Currently using Nachi. The immersion is better than with the ARP voices.

However there are two thing I noticed :

- First, but I don't know if you can correct this : I believe the volume is quite low. I have to set the engine and gun sounds lower and then raise the volume of my speakers to achieve something balanced.

- Second, you shouldn't use any file for the "an enemy was spotted" alert. WG actually doesn't use any in all their official voice, because it plays EACH TIME an enemy is spotted, even if he's only blinking. I had Nachi freaking out earlier while playing Kii because I had two Tirpitz and a Montana blinking at 15km.

• Cool 1

[HAIFU] Kyone_Akashi
16 posts
1,958 battles

This is valuable feedback. Thank you!

You're the second person mentioning the volume, though it seems perfectly fine on my end. I wonder if it might have something to do with audio codecs or drivers? Or it could just be my own ears somehow picking up things differently. I'll have to consider carefully what to do here -- more feedback from other users would be greatly appreciated. Ultimately, I'd like to tweak it in the way that suits most people.

As for the alert, should it not play just once per enemy ship, i.e. that no single ship gets the audio alert twice? This is still a lot of alerts, but I had opted for this approach as I would like to keep a certain level of "voice saturation" over the course of a match, and the spotter alert seemed like a good option for the early phase of the game when there is not much else going on.

The big problem with how this game handles sounds is that even the same sound file can overlap with itself. It would be so much easier if the voices had a "cooldown", or if a modder could define delays between them.

55 posts
498 battles

Decided to give Nagato's voice a try, since I'm currently grinding her, and what can I say? Followed the instructions in the first post and it worked like a charm from the very beginning.

I had a feeling the voice's volume was relatively low, as it already has been said before, but that was obviously just a problem during the very first battle. The volume got better in the next battles, despite me not changing anything concerning the game's sound settings. So, overall, a nice addition for someone who has come all the way here from KanColle. It makes the grind with Nagato a bit more bearable.

With that said, I was wondering, if you could do a voicepack for Haruna, please? After all, the non-ARP Kongou-class battleship is what I like to lead into battles the most.

[HAIFU] Kyone_Akashi
16 posts
1,958 battles
On 1/16/2018 at 10:24 PM, Haruna_Is_All_Right said:

I had a feeling the voice's volume was relatively low, as it already has been said before, but that was obviously just a problem during the very first battle. The volume got better in the next battles, despite me not changing anything concerning the game's sound settings.

Pretty weird! It could be a hint as to why some players experience the volume differently, but I'm glad to hear it's working for you now.

I've also finally gotten around to sit down once more and churn out three new voice packs, including the two requested in this thread, Isokaze and Haruna.

For the moment I'd rather not take any more requests, as I'm not sure when the mood strikes me again and I hate to let people wait on something (I originally thought I'd get Isokaze done way sooner). But, I hope this new series enhances the gameplay experience of a few people, and maybe there will be a series 3 some day. :)

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this