You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SinkTheOthersNotMe

How to be a tomato (or my worst weekend ever = rant)

29 comments in this topic

Players
440 posts
5,824 battles

1 Always camp, even better to go in reverse, even if there is no enemy in range -> after all if they are in range they might shoot back at you, best to do so with BB but also good for CA and DD.

2 If playing CV, always send your planes around the map to try sinking the red CV, never ever send your planes to scout the caps or, even worse, to decap.

3 If playing a DD, first, never ever cap, even when you know the only red DD is at the cap on the opposite side of the map, second, never ever try to fight enemy DD, much better to go around the map and try to sink the enemy CV, third, if there are 3 or even 4 DD in the team then you must all go to the same cap.

Lastly, if you playing DD and you meet some other DD from a certain European (sie**) country then it is best to finish together last in rankings because capping, torping or even firing guns is not good.

4 If playing cruiser and you are lucky to be in a game with just 2 BB and 7 cruisers per side, then staying next to the CV is best, after all the CV needs protection.

5 If playing a BB, first rule is you have to camp at the maximum possible range for your guns, second rule, never ever push this is too risky, third rule is of course using HE all the time, fourth rule if you are 5 BB and that you are the last survivors then this is normal you are a great player and all the tomatoes are the DD/cruisers who went to die by themselves.

6 If playing a RN CL: Never ever use smoke, this is not manly and if you dare use it, then stay at full speed so that you make nice clouds behind you.

7 If playing a tirpitz it is normal to torp your own DD who trying to screen you -> because that DD is stopping you from trying to torp the red DD....

8 Having half a team AFK is normal and good, you can use them as meatshields.

9 Being a tomato is cool and insulting (better) players who try to give some pointers is legitimate, even better when you are the only top tier and all the others are 2 tiers lower, show them the tomato power, even cooler to die in an izumo having done 0 dmg then you are really entitled to tell the rest of the team they are a bunch of cowards and yes indeed cowards they are because they had been telling you since the start not to go suicide in A alone....

10 Torping teamates while in a German cruiser is cool, because after all if the enemy is 14km away your torps might reach him if he accelerates a bit more.

11 As a shima, the coolest thing to do is to be the only DD in your team, then managing to die having done 0 dmg, even cooler when you manage to die having torped yourself to death......

12 In a team with 5 BB and 5 DD it is absolutely normal to insult the only cruiser (and even TK him), even more because he is 2 tiers lower and should therefore work harder as after all fighting tier X is easy.

13 Having a T10 CV on your team is great, even better when that CV is a tomato, who, in addition, is matched against one of the best CV players in the game and then that green CV is..........AFK..........that is a really great move that makes the game challenging and exciting (albeit short).

14 Eating several citas in a RN CL is normal and fun even if it means sinking, all the better when it is because you ate the shells that were shot at the yamato who invited himself in your smoke.

Will stop there.......All in all this is the worst weekend ever for me.........

• Cool 23

Players
1,752 posts
9,916 battles

Weekend.thumb.png.7af670148f5bff5923caadef9531bdc4.png

Weekend has been great so far :Smile_trollface: 

Tbh this is getting kinda stale. There is very little distinction nowadays between weekend and weekday gameplay. If there are potatoes on your team there are potatoes on the other team as well. Potatoes for everyoneeeeeee

[BFS]
Beta Tester
863 posts
5,115 battles
54 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Tbh this is getting kinda stale. There is very little distinction nowadays between weekend and weekday gameplay. If there are potatoes on your team there are potatoes on the other team as well. Potatoes for everyoneeeeeee

It's when the potatoes on one team are less co-ordinated than the other team that is the problem.

Some teams could be out fought in a co-op battle.

• Cool 1

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,867 battles
1 hour ago, pra3y said:

Agreed. Still, I've got the impression that if I want to witness the best exploits of WOWs' worst players, I must log in saturday night. The average gameplay quality is abysmal all week long, but true gems are more common when people get back from the bar and play WoWs.

[NWP]
Players
1,767 posts
12,117 battles

After I managed to complete all armistice missions in 5 battles, I decided to call it a day and go do something else.

I feel for you OP, I'm just glad I didn't have to suffer this weekend.

Spoiler

Weekend2.thumb.jpg.e196029dc018a5bec80dcca207167c81.jpg

Players
3,592 posts
7,312 battles
5 hours ago, SinkTheOthersNotMe said:

In a team with 5 BB and 5 DD it is absolutely normal to insult the only cruiser (and even TK him), even more because he is 2 tiers lower and should therefore work harder as after all fighting tier X is easy.

The other thing I've noticed is that if a cruiser dies in the first 5 minutes no-one cares, it's the ones that get pushed to the border trying to stay alive whilst the rest of the team throws their ships away that get the worst flak.

Players
3,333 posts
5,792 battles
2 hours ago, pra3y said:

Tbh this is getting kinda stale. There is very little distinction nowadays between weekend and weekday gameplay.

I have the same feeling lately. Btw: since you started the stat-show-off I feel much less boastful. Weekend was ok for me =)

7days.jpg

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3,903 posts
13,819 battles
3 hours ago, TheIdesOfMarch93 said:

Looks like I made the right choice not to play this weekend then!

Exactly what I thought when reading the OP :Smile_great:

[LEGIO]
Players
585 posts
7,549 battles
16 hours ago, SinkTheOthersNotMe said:

1 Always camp, even better to go in reverse, even if there is no enemy in range -> after all if they are in range they might shoot back at you, best to do so with BB but also good for CA and DD.

2 If playing CV, always send your planes around the map to try sinking the red CV, never ever send your planes to scout the caps or, even worse, to decap.

3 If playing a DD, first, never ever cap, even when you know the only red DD is at the cap on the opposite side of the map, second, never ever try to fight enemy DD, much better to go around the map and try to sink the enemy CV, third, if there are 3 or even 4 DD in the team then you must all go to the same cap.

Lastly, if you playing DD and you meet some other DD from a certain European (sie**) country then it is best to finish together last in rankings because capping, torping or even firing guns is not good.

4 If playing cruiser and you are lucky to be in a game with just 2 BB and 7 cruisers per side, then staying next to the CV is best, after all the CV needs protection.

5 If playing a BB, first rule is you have to camp at the maximum possible range for your guns, second rule, never ever push this is too risky, third rule is of course using HE all the time, fourth rule if you are 5 BB and that you are the last survivors then this is normal you are a great player and all the tomatoes are the DD/cruisers who went to die by themselves.

6 If playing a RN CL: Never ever use smoke, this is not manly and if you dare use it, then stay at full speed so that you make nice clouds behind you.

7 If playing a tirpitz it is normal to torp your own DD who trying to screen you -> because that DD is stopping you from trying to torp the red DD....

8 Having half a team AFK is normal and good, you can use them as meatshields.

9 Being a tomato is cool and insulting (better) players who try to give some pointers is legitimate, even better when you are the only top tier and all the others are 2 tiers lower, show them the tomato power, even cooler to die in an izumo having done 0 dmg then you are really entitled to tell the rest of the team they are a bunch of cowards and yes indeed cowards they are because they had been telling you since the start not to go suicide in A alone....

10 Torping teamates while in a German cruiser is cool, because after all if the enemy is 14km away your torps might reach him if he accelerates a bit more.

11 As a shima, the coolest thing to do is to be the only DD in your team, then managing to die having done 0 dmg, even cooler when you manage to die having torped yourself to death......

12 In a team with 5 BB and 5 DD it is absolutely normal to insult the only cruiser (and even TK him), even more because he is 2 tiers lower and should therefore work harder as after all fighting tier X is easy.

13 Having a T10 CV on your team is great, even better when that CV is a tomato, who, in addition, is matched against one of the best CV players in the game and then that green CV is..........AFK..........that is a really great move that makes the game challenging and exciting (albeit short).

14 Eating several citas in a RN CL is normal and fun even if it means sinking, all the better when it is because you ate the shells that were shot at the yamato who invited himself in your smoke.

Will stop there.......All in all this is the worst weekend ever for me.........

Ahahaha. This one IS the best one EVER You really made my day now mate :Smile_honoring: True every word. Have had such weekend again. Again...... Have a great day mate

[ONE2]
Players
2,391 posts
14,377 battles

Thanks for the thread @SinkTheOthersNotMe, for a while there I had the distinctly horrible feeling that I was the only one having one of THOSE kinds of weekends... Cheers and better luck next time! :cap_tea:

BUT, you missed a point I think (which I sadly witnessed several times being rather diligently observed last weekend):

15) When playing Cruiser or BB, NEVER waste a single salvo on a mere DD, it simply doesn't have enough HP for you to farm awesome damage and what can the puny little shrimp do to you anyway?:fish_sleep:

Yeah, you guessed it folks... I had the dubious honor to participate in several matches with 5-6 Cruisers in my team, whereby the game ended with 3/3 enemy DD's still alive at the end of it (yeah, we didn't win - Go figure) and I finding myself often being the only one to even try, only to be derided by those "better-in-the-know" in team chat for wasting ammo on the agile buggers instead of concentrating on enemy BB's first,as they did.:Smile_izmena:

What can I say? I'm still a potato I guess...:Smile_child:

• Cool 1

[BABBY]
Players
272 posts
6,393 battles

I had at least three games that ended in a 1-12ish defeats and a game that ended with only 5 ships killed on both sides (and it was already decided at 3 dead ships). Yeah, this weekend was pretty weird. I also had a game on Fault Line where half the team went for C. I said it is a bad idea in chat because they will be cut off from the battle and generally useless as they can't shoot at anything past C and got insults in return (I wasn't exactly calm so maybe I had it coming). Thankfully most of them turned around to middle so I'm ok with insults as long as people do the smart thing in the end.

[ONE2]
Players
2,391 posts
14,377 battles

Yeah, I can feel your pain... I had one memorable rolf-stomp game, where I was our teams' only survivor (just barely "saved by the bell" at 1000 point full with just 124 HP left) and even worse I was also the only player in our team to have sunk an enemy (our team's only pathetic kill). It was all over in just over 5 minutes. I was kinda busy in my Mogami (mainly trying to dodge incoming fire, since I was focused on right from the beginning for some reason) so I have no idea what exactly transpired there and I did not have the masochistic desire to see replay to find out either and so before I knew it - PUFF:fish_boom:, our entire team had simply evaporated.:cap_wander_2:

[AMOK]
Players
962 posts
5,893 battles
12 hours ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Exactly what I thought when reading the OP :Smile_great:

This. :Smile_great:

Players
944 posts
5,316 battles

I detonated 4 (FOUR) times this weekend.

Not all of them were early but maybe it's only worse to see yourself blow up with a full torp salvo on the way to kill someone, and the game ends because you die.

Mined a decent amount of salt. Lost 10 karma shouting at teammates. Couldn't get a win for the life of me. Even my trusted LoYang wouldn't produce and I kept getting matched with tier X on standard battle.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
3 posts
8,190 battles
4 minutes ago, walter3kurtz said:

I detonated 4 (FOUR) times this weekend.

Just got the Kidd and played 3 battles so far where i got detonated twice alredy.

Players
944 posts
5,316 battles
Just now, Cpt_Devilfish said:

Just got the Kidd and played 3 battles so far where i got detonated twice alredy.

It's like they changed something with detonation chance, I see them everywhere.

Confirmation bias, I know, but still it's surprising.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,135 posts
5,909 battles

This is why I avoid playing during weekend. 

[ONE2]
Players
2,391 posts
14,377 battles
14 minutes ago, Cpt_Devilfish said:

Just got the Kidd ...

Well, let's hear it then.. Did you  make sure to farm the phrase "Are you kidding me?", "You kidder.", "Just kidding." or "You have just been kidded!" and all their possible derivatives as often as possible during the matches? :Smile_teethhappy: That is mandatory.

[TTT]
Players
406 posts
9,065 battles
31 minutes ago, walter3kurtz said:

Confirmation bias, I know, but still it's surprising.

+1

From 25 battles (including battles with deto flag)  through the weekend I had 4 detonations. That is a little too much I guess.

Lately I had been detonated way more than earlier. They might have tweaked something...

Players
534 posts
6,408 battles

Honestly I need to take myself outside and have a serious word with myself. I don't know why I bother with weekends as its always the same. I average over 60% in the week and come the weekend, well its not too good. I am officially quitting weekend play henceforth :)

Weekend Woes.PNG

Players
1,752 posts
9,916 battles
16 hours ago, BrusilovX said:

It's when the potatoes on one team are less co-ordinated than the other team that is the problem.

Some teams could be out fought in a co-op battle.

True, so we as a player on the team is an influencing factor. 

15 hours ago, Cosseria said:

Agreed. Still, I've got the impression that if I want to witness the best exploits of WOWs' worst players, I must log in saturday night. The average gameplay quality is abysmal all week long, but true gems are more common when people get back from the bar and play WoWs.

Hahahahaha, its the same any day of the week to me man. Had a guy asking the team if anyone was drunk like him while playing on a weekday.

• Cool 1

Players
3,333 posts
5,792 battles
1 hour ago, walter3kurtz said:

What? Naaah, cant be. It only happens 0,00001% of the time. Btw: screens are from same round. :cap_wander:

2.jpg

1.jpg