Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
aviaxis

Fun and engaging MM

26 comments in this topic

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles

That moment when you realize that you are the only one in your team who actually killed something.

Fun and engaging games like this make me wanna play all day long...

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Naming & Shaming.

[PMI]
Players
2,295 posts
5,452 battles

What does this have to do with the MM?

You do know that it does not care for stats right?

Also, weekend?

• Cool 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

And you do realize that kills don't necessarily say anything about your overall contribution to the outcome of this battle (i.e. if you did better than your team)?

In theory 3 points of damage is enough to get 3 kills.

But yeah, looks like a significant lack of focus fire.

• Cool 1

[TOAST]
Players
1,973 posts
25,607 battles
43 minutes ago, aviaxis said:

That moment when you realize that you are the only one in your team who actually killed something.

Any chance of showing us the detailed report? this will give a better insight to your performance in the game.

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles
24 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

And you do realize that kills don't necessarily say anything about your overall contribution to the outcome of this battle (i.e. if you did better than your team)?

In theory 3 points of damage is enough to get 3 kills.

But yeah, looks like a significant lack of focus fire.

forgive me for not being able to do more in a 5 minutes long game...

shot-17.11.12_13.32.30-0866.jpg

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles
2 minutes ago, iJoby said:

Any chance of showing us the detailed report? this will give a better insight to your performance in the game.

shot-17.11.12_13.34.43-0576.jpg

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,287 posts
6,156 battles

Lel...one of those HE only guys

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles
8 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Lel...one of those HE only guys

do you have Conqueror?

[W-C]
2,287 posts
6,156 battles
3 minutes ago, aviaxis said:

do you have Conqueror?

Just saying

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles
2 minutes ago, domen3 said:

Just saying

yeah, then again... unlike you, I have more than 5 games at tier 10...

[W-C]
2,287 posts
6,156 battles
Just now, aviaxis said:

yeah, then again... unlike you, I have more than 5 games at tier 10...

(because tier 9 plays any differently than tier 10)....

And yet you're complaining about matchmaking which has absolutely nothing to do with whatever seems to be bothering you

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles
Just now, domen3 said:

(because tier 9 plays any differently than tier 10)....

And yet you're complaining about matchmaking which has absolutely nothing to do with whatever seems to be bothering you

I said it's fun and engaging when half of the players in a game don't give a crap about it. And they are all in my team...

I love it... it makes me wanna play more...

(and yes, Conqueror has 12 guns, unlike tier 9 bb... it's so noobish you very rarely need to switch to AP)

Players
297 posts
7,610 battles
11 minutes ago, aviaxis said:

I said it's fun and engaging when half of the players in a game don't give a crap about it. And they are all in my team...

I love it... it makes me wanna play more...

(and yes, Conqueror has 12 guns, unlike tier 9 bb... it's so noobish you very rarely need to switch to AP)

You should still switch to AP when there is a broadside, for example my stock Udaloi wrecked a Kaba yesterday because he only fired HE while I had AP loaded and wrecked him.

Why would you fire HE at a RN cruiser, they get citadel-ed from any angle.

And it is no use trying to defend the Conqueror as if any BB can stick with HE that only requires you to hit the target and can still cause that much damage is not OP with a supper heal and better concealment than some cruisers. You should have won seeing as the enemy team didn't have a Conqueror.

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles
49 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

You should still switch to AP when there is a broadside, for example my stock Udaloi wrecked a Kaba yesterday because he only fired HE while I had AP loaded and wrecked him.

Why would you fire HE at a RN cruiser, they get citadel-ed from any angle.

And it is no use trying to defend the Conqueror as if any BB can stick with HE that only requires you to hit the target and can still cause that much damage is not OP with a supper heal and better concealment than some cruisers. You should have won seeing as the enemy team didn't have a Conqueror.

dude... you don't have Conqueror either :)))... and, you speak like somebody who doesn't know anything about it

on Conqueror you don't need AP to citadel RN cruisers... you can just as easily do it with HE

it's funny how many people know so much about ships they didn't ever play :)) ... too bad you are never in the games I play... that would be real fun... instead I only get to play with the ignorants... 

Players
525 posts

aviaxis

As you have besides the 33 MungoJerry games, only 12 Lion games and 4 Monarch games...

I think you "free EXP'ed" to the MungoJerry and now you want us to tell how to play this ship...

Congratulations!

giphy.gif

• Cool 3

Players
297 posts
7,610 battles
20 minutes ago, aviaxis said:

dude... you don't have Conqueror either :)))... and, you speak like somebody who doesn't know anything about it

on Conqueror you don't need AP to citadel RN cruisers... you can just as easily do it with HE

it's funny how many people know so much about ships they didn't ever play :)) ... too bad you are never in the games I play... that would be real fun... instead I only get to play with the ignorants... 

I've played enough of the game and against the Conqueror to know that a AP Citadel does more than double the damage that a HE citadel does, deleting a ship in 3 citadels is much better than taking 8 or so.

I suppose that you have never played any high tier DDs, and that there are times when using AP on oblivious BBs can deal quite the damage, 2k every 4 secs is no joking matter even with a massive HP pool plus unlike HE damage it cannot be fully repaired either.

It is called knowing what ammo is suitable for the occasion, which is one of the things I hate about how WG implemented the RN BBs it makes ammo choice almost obsolete for poor players (and still get massive damage numbers) and players who do know what they are doing absolutely dominate against any target.

And if you think farming damage on BBs wins you the game then maybe you should focus on eliminating the softer targets first to reduce the number of guns the enemy can point at your team, there by leading to victory.

• Cool 1

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles
22 minutes ago, Alipheese_XVI said:

aviaxis

As you have besides the 33 MungoJerry games, only 12 Lion games and 4 Monarch games...

I think you "free EXP'ed" to the MungoJerry and now you want us to tell how to play this ship...

Congratulations!

giphy.gif

For once, I don't hide my stats, because, unlike you, I am not ashamed of them...

second of all... you can shoot AP all you want from Conqueror ... that will not make you wanna show your stats... that's for sure :))

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles
11 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

I've played enough of the game and against the Conqueror to know that a AP Citadel does more than double the damage that a HE citadel does, deleting a ship in 3 citadels is much better than taking 8 or so.

I suppose that you have never played any high tier DDs, and that there are times when using AP on oblivious BBs can deal quite the damage, 2k every 4 secs is no joking matter even with a massive HP pool plus unlike HE damage it cannot be fully repaired either.

It is called knowing what ammo is suitable for the occasion, which is one of the things I hate about how WG implemented the RN BBs it makes ammo choice almost obsolete for poor players (and still get massive damage numbers) and players who do know what they are doing absolutely dominate against any target.

And if you think farming damage on BBs wins you the game then maybe you should focus on eliminating the softer targets first to reduce the number of guns the enemy can point at your team, there by leading to victory.

you need 5 citadels to kill a Minotaur with AP ... you only do 42k with 5 and you need to do 43.300.

now Conqueror HE damage is 7200... so you need just above 6 citadels to kill it... but, if you count the fire damage, you might even need less than 5...

Conqueror has 419mm guns and HE with high penetration, that means it penetrates 104mm armor. Minotaur has only 101mm citadel armor so it's easily overmatched by Conqueror HE.

Moreover, HE does not care about the angle and distance, unlike AP, where angle matters... Well, maybe not in case of Minotaur, where AP penetrates anyway, but... in most cases you do much more damage with HE than AP. I think high levels RN BB's AP works only in the rare cases when you meet broadside BBs in middle and short distance. On longer distances the dispersion is not that good... HE is still better.

Players
211 posts
15,970 battles

So you used free XP to get the totally OP Conquerer und still lost a random match while spamming a RN CL to death with HE...interesting story...NOT.

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles
10 minutes ago, warsinger2 said:

Does not change the fact that you are a one trick pony that does not play your toys to the best effect. No matter how you try to twist it. Sorry.

and how many tricks pony are you?... unhide your stats so I can see :)))

[XTREM]
Players
170 posts
12,384 battles
1 minute ago, _DemonGuard_ said:

So you used free XP to get the totally OP Conquerer und still lost a random match while spamming a RN CL to death with HE...interesting story...NOT.

I free XPed many ships... what's the problem?

What stats are you reading? I posted something different than what you say...

Players
525 posts
16 minutes ago, aviaxis said:

For once, I don't hide my stats, because, unlike you, I am not ashamed of them...

second of all... you can shoot AP all you want from Conqueror ... that will not make you wanna show your stats... that's for sure :))

Hm, the people who know me in the forum have no problem finding my stats...

But, okay, here is a hint: Search for "my mother" or search for a "number below".

Maybde now you can find them :Smile_great:

Oh, but I will admit that I don't have the MungoJerry...

Which isn't mandatory to tell you, that by free EXP'ed T10 ships you don't have a clue about T10 where you never, like NEVER are a benefit to your team by just spamming HE!

Players
211 posts
15,970 battles
4 minutes ago, aviaxis said:

I free XPed many ships... what's the problem?

What stats are you reading? I posted something different than what you say...

The problem is, you want to tell other people how to play the Conquerer and don't know yourself how to play RN BBs. And everyone has battles which they lose because they're unable to carry all teammates. Why do you think you're so special to make a topic out of it?

[BOOF]
Players
111 posts
3,031 battles

What this is really about is Random teams.

You are randomly assigned to a team, if it is the better team you win, if it is the poorer team you lose. That is how these PVP games work.

Now just imagine you got together with some friends for a ball game of your choice, you appoint two captains, they then pick their teams taking turns one at a time, why? So that one side does not get most of the better players.

Now we move to a WG PvP mode and suddenly that logic no longer applies (and don't try to tell me WG can't rate the players because if XVM in world of tanks can do it and get 95% of the win predictions right then so could WG).

Of course people vary in how good they might be, no problem with that, but why have a system that can result in unbalanced teams? Sure if the teams had hundreds of people in them then randomly picking might produce balanced teams a lot of the time. But 12 a side is almost always going to result in unbalanced teams (that's without taking into account whether the ships on each team are balanced e.g. stock ship Vs fully upgraded with 19 point captain and stuffed with premium camo etc ..)