You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
tijmen10

Royal navy nerfs in the future?

3 comments in this topic

Question

Players
28 posts
1,989 battles

Will there be nerfs to the royal navy soon?

They are truly one of the better battleships out there, and since they are already out for some time now are there going to be any nerves?

Personally I don't have that much problems with the higher tiers (although I dont have tier 8 plus ships) but especially the lower tiers are kinda OP. Especially the orion. I get that they have to be anti-battleships but I can angle in my kaiser and still get hit for 4.5k by Orion He and he sets 2 fires (again). It's also very tough to go through. It feels really frustrating sometimes.

2 answers to this question

Supertester
2,374 posts
9,757 battles
26 minutes ago, tijmen10 said:

Will there be nerfs to the royal navy soon?

They are truly one of the better battleships out there, and since they are already out for some time now are there going to be any nerves?

Personally I don't have that much problems with the higher tiers (although I dont have tier 8 plus ships) but especially the lower tiers are kinda OP. Especially the orion. I get that they have to be anti-battleships but I can angle in my kaiser and still get hit for 4.5k by Orion He and he sets 2 fires (again). It's also very tough to go through. It feels really frustrating sometimes.

*nerfs.

Also, for all it's alleged OPness, Orion is just 1% above Kaiser by Winrate. Yes, the average damage is higher but as I have said countless time: damage is neither everything nor does it always have the same quality. The damage done by Orion is clearly low impact, as it mostly steems from fires which can be repaired easily.

You might disagree with the concept behind the ships and that's fine, but they aren't nearly as OP as people make them out to be.

• Cool 2

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,759 posts
9,369 battles
11 hours ago, Earl_of_Northesk said:

*The damage done by Orion is clearly low impact, as it mostly steems from fires which can be repaired easily.

I'm going to stop you right there.

Fire damage can be repaired easily,granted you're not constantly on double fire.
That's the thing with RN BBs, you can claim "fire damage easily repaired" all you want, it really doesn't matter when you get so damn overwhelmed with the sheer amount of fires that you can't repair most of it.

Tack on the massive HE damage and the fact that cruisers also shoot at you with HE, and you get so many fires that no, it can't be repaired.

As seen brilliantly in action when Flamu saw a Montana far away, which played better than 80% of players in this game would have got absolutely overwhelmed in a tad more than 2 minutes minutes.
Great DCP (USN) discipline, attempt to go back to stealth failed because of planes spotting him, attemps at repairing at opportune times...

So no, I absolutely, vehermently refuse to qualify RN BB fire damage as being on the same level as a cruiser getting repairable fire damage.

• Cool 2