You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Saiyko

Standard battle

59 comments in this topic

Players
1,663 posts
9,100 battles

Wargaming, please

I just had my first three games of the day, all standard

I don't know if it's me, but it seemed to be increasing for a while now

The gamemode is the worst in the game, it is nothing but camp and snipe from max range for the most time, and waiting to see which ppl in which team screw up first

Two of those three games I had just now were FULL 20 minutes for example and were borefests from beginning to end.

PLEASE give us the option to select which gamemode we want to play.

In the time I've been playing I have never ever met anyone who likes this bullcrap to be honest.

• Cool 6

Players
3,323 posts
5,771 battles
3 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

Yes!

3 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

I just had my first three games of the day, all standard

Had this too. On top of that - same map. Pissed me off so hard, I quit for the day.

[NWP]
Players
3,529 posts
5,864 battles
7 minutes ago, PzychoPanzer said:

I don't know if it's me, but it seemed to be increasing for a while now

Yep, seems so...

Id love that too :Smile_sad:

In the time I've been playing I have never ever met anyone who likes this bullcrap to be honest.

I think i actually have seen ppl saying that they hate domination and want to play Standard battle... Probably BBs..

[CATS]
Players
14,639 posts
10,869 battles

It helps to coordinate a strategy with the team.

It is always better to have 6 guys follow a common strategy with 6 wildcards in the team than having 12 players doing what they want.

If the enemy stays back, slowly advance.

Players
1,663 posts
9,100 battles
4 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

I think i actually have seen ppl saying that they hate domination and want to play Standard battle... Probably BBs..

If we were to have the option to chose, that would even be better. Let a lot of the BBs go click their mouse in the standard bs, and ppl choosing for domination should have less and better bbs.

9 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

On top of that - same map. Pissed me off so hard, I quit for the day.

Yea, same here

[NWP]
Players
3,529 posts
5,864 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

It helps to coordinate a strategy with the team.

It is always better to have 6 guys follow a common strategy with 6 wildcards in the team than having 12 players doing what they want.

U must be the luckiest guy in WOWs if u get 6 ppl to do what u want them... Usually more than 1 is too much (other than Divisions). Playing lower tiers CVs when there are 4 in game and i say at the beginning lets focus enemy fighters first so we get air supperiority. I actually had many ppl respond with yes or ok, but do they do it when it comes down? Maybe 1 or 2 times actually...

Ive been insulted when i told my team dont go all A (like 10 i think), and told, why should ppl do what i tell them :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

Players
3,323 posts
5,771 battles

@ColonelPete hold it right there. What you are talking about, has nothing to do with the topic. Its not about losing games - its about picking a gamemode I want to play. Atleast, thats how I understood it.

[CATS]
Players
14,639 posts
10,869 battles

He is complaining about camping.

Looks like camping is not his preferred strategy.

He wants to something else.

How do you do that?

Read my posts.

Players
1,663 posts
9,100 battles
8 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

He is complaining about camping.

Looks like camping is not his preferred strategy.

Learn to read plz.

I was complaining about standard, because that doesn't need strategy, which might be the reason why aforementioned bbs like it.

And that's not even the full truth tbh: there is a fool-proof strategy to win standard: don't leave the bloody base, and if what you say is true - which I seriously doubt - and you can persuade most of your team to do that, you'll win.

Don't leave base isn't even a strategical choice for BBs, it's their standard modus.

Until you meet a team that does exactly the same of course, and then it's just a question of who will sit through that bore the longest.

And if you still don't see what is wrong here, I give up.

[CATS]
Players
14,639 posts
10,869 battles

I see what is wrong here.

How can there be a fool-proof strategy if the game mode does not need strategy?

You should decide.

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,190 posts
11,899 battles
4 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You should decide.

ttt_WOPR.png

Players
1,663 posts
9,100 battles
2 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

You should decide.

Yea, you're so cute.

Once again, learn to read, and you'll see I indeed corrected myself in my own post.

Point I made there was, if you don't mind for a gamemode where the best thing to do is essentially nothing (actively), then sure, there is no problem.

However, I do not, which was the reason for this thread.

[CATS]
Players
14,639 posts
10,869 battles

That is the point, if you play correctly, you can do something else than sitting around.

36 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Players
3,323 posts
5,771 battles

Why do you keep trying to derail this thread? Make your own thread about "tactics in Standard" and share your wisdom with the world. I simply dont give a you-know-what - I dont like the gamemode! Has nothing to do with wining or losing, but rather what @PzychoPanzer is trying to tell you over and over. I just image a shooter where I couldnt pick between CTF, TDM or DM and just get randomly thrown into enviroments I dont like. Game would be dead faster then you can say "Call of Duty". Only thing going for wows is - there is no other game brining competition in...

• Cool 2

Players
1,663 posts
9,100 battles
17 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

That is the point, if you play correctly, you can do something else than sitting around.

Make your point in

-->

6 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

your own thread about "tactics in Standard" and share your wisdom with the world.

[CATS]
Players
14,639 posts
10,869 battles
6 minutes ago, ForlornSailor said:

Why do you keep trying to derail this thread?

Sorry that I wanted to help you and improve your gameplay.

Just sit back and continue to camp and be miserable.

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,190 posts
11,899 battles

@PzychoPanzer@ForlornSailor

As much as I hate standard battles myself and disagree with @ColonelPete he is clearly not derailing this thread.

The opening argument was about how boring standard battles are and that we need to have a choice not to play them (which I agree to), his valid input to the discussion was that - depending on playstyle - standard battles do not need to be boring per se, which is a valid opinion.

Players
3,323 posts
5,771 battles
20 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Sorry that I wanted to help you and improve your gameplay.

Just sit back and continue to camp and be miserable

Yep. Now im 100% sure you missed the point totaly. Just keep thinking you are awesome and walk like that through the world.

@Ubertron_X I dont even say they are boring and stupid overall. But it doesnt change the fact that im pissed that I have no option to chose what I want to play. And I certainly dont need help playing that gamemode...

[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,190 posts
11,899 battles

The most curious thing is, that WG's WoT has all those game mode options, but you also need to keep in mind that the player base is much larger so you will always have enough players for each mode.

Players
1,418 posts
13,009 battles

Let us choose map aswell. Screw Tears of the Desert, man. WG won't fix it, then lets not play it. Im at the point that im almost just going back to port when i get that map. And i always get it when i play DM. Worst map for that ship.

• Cool 4

Players
3,323 posts
5,771 battles
2 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Let us choose map aswell.

big fat YES to this aswell!

So stupid when you get Ocean and picked a ship like Donskoi.

3 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Screw Tears of the Desert, man. WG won't fix it, then lets not play it. Im at the point that im almost just going back to port when i get that map. And i always get it when i play DM. Worst map for that ship.

Ive had to play this map with Fiji & Takao many times. Its so utterly stupid.

• Cool 1

Players
1,663 posts
9,100 battles
23 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Let us choose map aswell. Screw Tears of the Desert, man. WG won't fix it, then lets not play it. Im at the point that im almost just going back to port when i get that map. And i always get it when i play DM. Worst map for that ship.

There is "good news" on that front, see 

Though I can't decide whether to find his way of writing hilarious or infuriating because of its utterly PR indoctrinated way of writing.

E.g. "What I've been told are the things like "high tier maps favor BBs", "high tier maps lack cover", "high tier maps promote camping and passive play"

--> Mind how he does his best to describe these "things" as purely opinions and not as fact. Also it makes me agree with all those ppl accusing WG of not playing their own game.

Also notice that he doesn't promise any real actions, so it might be just a case of creating goodwill.