Sign in to follow this  
wtfzazo

T-22...

17 comments in this topic

Players
42 posts
1,737 battles

Just bought it and I am about to sell it again, buy the V-170 and play it instead. I just have no idea how to play this. Only decent feature is that I can stick AP shots into other destroyers without overpenetrating.

Any tips how to make this at least actually possible to do its job?

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles
29 minutes ago, wtfzazo said:

Just bought it and I am about to sell it again, buy the V-170 and play it instead. I just have no idea how to play this. Only decent feature is that I can stick AP shots into other destroyers without overpenetrating.

I don't know man. I just don't know. That thing sucks donkey [edited]. Everything is sub par on that boat.

Lucky for me, I had enough free-xp to skip it. If it is any consolation. From the Ernst Gaede the line starts taking off. And every DD in the line that comes after it is an improvement on the one before (as it should). But the T-22 really is the low note of th entire line.

Good luck.

[BYOB]
Players
3,070 posts
11,021 battles
41 minutes ago, wtfzazo said:

Use your guns for self defense only. Get the torpedo upgrade first, it will give you a 1km stealth torp window compared with the stock 500m. Turn your AA off.

If you can, go for Concealment Expert, this ship needs it, you can pick up Superintendent on the way (From Gaede up you'll need it).

Try to avoid contesting caps against full health DDs, with the exception of lonely IJN DDs.

And if you can, always fire your torps, the 68s reload makes it easy to spam them.

[CATS]
Players
14,659 posts
10,873 battles
44 minutes ago, stewie533 said:

I don't know man. I just don't know. That thing sucks donkey [edited]. Everything is sub par on that boat.

Lucky for me, I had enough free-xp to skip it. If it is any consolation. From the Ernst Gaede the line starts taking off. And every DD in the line that comes after it is an improvement on the one before (as it should). But the T-22 really is the low note of th entire line.

Good luck.

If you free XPed her, you do not really know how to play her.

• Cool 1

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles
1 minute ago, ColonelPete said:

If you free XPed her, you do not really know how to play her.

That is exactly what I said in the first sentence of that post. I do not know, I skipped it.

[CATS]
Players
14,659 posts
10,873 battles
Just now, stewie533 said:

That is exactly what I said in the first sentence of that post. I do not know, I skipped it.

They why do you say she sucks if you do not know?

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles

They why do you say she sucks if you do not know?

Because I can recognise a bad DD after a few games. I have played 5 games, won 4 of them. Got 1000 base xp on average for those games and deemed the ship not to be worth my time.

Checked with the forums and experienced friends. All said the ship is not worth it.

Plus, nowhere did I say I didn't play it. I just said I don't know how to tell him how to play it since she ship is bad. And that I free-xp'd the rest of the ship to skip the rest of the grind.

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles

Then you do know?

I suggest to make up your mind.

I suggest you read before commenting.

I do NOT know how to give tips on how to play it properly. I DO know it sucks.

[CATS]
Players
14,659 posts
10,873 battles

If you do not know how to play her, you cannot judge her.

You are not different from people buying Tirpitz and comming to the forum and whining about how much she sucks after three games.

Beta Tester
652 posts
4,359 battles

Played through her pre-buff. Because my expectations were SO low, I actually quite enjoyed the T-22 :Smile_coin:. Played her as a dual purpose DD, using my guns whenever I could safely do so, but never when I could not quickly disengage. Spammed flags and camo on her, got ~2-3 kills a game, around 60k. Just making use of every possible cheaky tactic. Firing over islands, letting the enemy cap, then recapping, then letting them cap again etc. etc.

Players
42 posts
1,737 battles

News. Well, after I got killed by a Wakatake (which I found in my game due to it divisioning with a T4) I just sold this. Going to play russian T5 instead and re-buy it. At least it IS fun.

[OCTO]
Players
627 posts
15,138 battles

It is really not a good DD. However, after the latest stealth buff, it is sort of playable. I got 100K+ damage in the last game that I needed before unlocking Gaede. It gets better from here, so it might be worth the grind....

Players
3,591 posts
7,312 battles

Played it pre-buff and it wasn't too bad (with IIRC a CE captain), a bit underpowered but the same is true of all T5 DD, with the concealment buff it's now possibly the best (silver) T5 DD (better than IJN in all respects, close enough in gun-power to USN/VMF to at least compete as a gunboat).

Not a great ship (probably MM as much as anything) but to be honest I found the terrible handling and concealment of EG made that an even worse ship to play.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles

Take CE and profit yes. I enjoyed her... The front bow rotating guns are helpful too. 

Sign in to follow this