Server Downtime 21/02 04:00 UTC Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Ferry_25

Yamamoto Isoroku

9 comments in this topic

[NED]
Players
4,289 posts
11,774 battles

Yesterday I won this captain. Happy I accomplished the mission but I'm a bit at a loss as where I should put him. I have all the non CV silver ships and a few premiums. Getting a first blood is very unpredictable for me. It's really a matter of chance and I can't say in this or that particular ship I'm having the highest chance of getting 1. Krakens are quite rare in my case. Not so much of a "killstealer" to harvest them a lot. Yamato popped into my mind at first but I suck in the realm of sucking in that boat. Dedicate him to a premium? Kamikaze R is one of my best performing ships overall. But I already rarely use all my consumables cause I often don't need them. Though I'd say K-R is the ship which gives me the best chance of first blood/ kraken the rewards aren't that hugely important. The torp reload is already lightning fast and the heal? Meh. I either full health survive a match or I get stomped to the bottom in seconds when I screw up. And I could go on forever going through the whole ship tree. but I won't bother you with that.

My question is: what are your thoughts? Why do you place him on that ship? Maybe it'll help for me. Thanks in advance.

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles

mine is trained for amagi future yamato but his living place is in Katori lol 1battle every day

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
1,556 posts
9,150 battles

DD's are probably your best chance at first blood, and maybe very occasionally a lucky shot with the yamato...

• Cool 1

[4_0_4]
Players
4,584 posts
10,762 battles
11 hours ago, hedgehog22 said:

Hi

are there any ne recommendations where to place Yamamto?

BB or tier X cv?

thanks for reply

Yamamoto? He works best on ship in which you regulary get first blood and kraken.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,834 posts
14,197 battles
13 hours ago, hedgehog22 said:

BB or tier X cv?

Yamamoto is wasted on a CV. He only provides a single real bonus (-16% plane service time) and that's after getting a Kraken. Everything else is just worthless. Extra consumable? Don't need it. 48% HP repaired? You rarely even lose so much HP in a CV anyway unless you position yourself horribly.

I'd say he provides the most utility in either a BB or a cruiser.

Also obligatory

ThreadNecro.jpg