You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Are there any Clans & ClanWars stats yet (either by WoWs stats sites and/or WG)?

17 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,977 posts
8,585 battles

Hi all,

Are there any Clans & ClanWars stats yet (either by WoWs stats sites and/or WG)?

With ClanWars in full swing I think it would be more than interesting to know (for example):

• total number of Clans in ClanWars with total number of players in those clans (both active = at least 1 ClanWar battle and inactive)
  • total number of Clans in ClanWars in "Squall League" with total number of players in those clans (both active = at least 1 ClanWar battle and inactive)
    • "Squall League III"
    • "Squall League II"
    • "Squall League I"
  • total number of Clans in ClanWars in "Gale League" with total number of players in those clans (both active = at least 1 ClanWar battle and inactive)
    • "Gale League III"
    • "Gale League II"
    • "Gale League I"
  • total number of Clans in ClanWars in "Storm League" with total number of players in those clans (both active = at least 1 ClanWar battle and inactive)
    • "Storm League III"
    • "Storm League II"
    • "Storm League I"
  • total number of Clans in ClanWars in "Typhoon League" with total number of players in those clans (both active = at least 1 ClanWar battle and inactive)
    • "Typhoon League III"
    • "Typhoon League II"
    • "Typhoon League I"

Leo "Apollo11"

[BYOB]
Players
3,070 posts
11,021 battles

They will probably publish the numbers after the event, just like they did with the Bismarck campaign and the Halloween event.

And I wouldn't believe those numbers, statistics can be manipulated.

Beta Tester
4,188 posts
9,504 battles
13 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

They will probably publish the numbers after the event, just like they did with the Bismarck campaign and the Halloween event.

And I wouldn't believe those numbers, statistics can be manipulated.

Bilderesultat for tinfoil hat

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,069 posts
9,107 battles

Of course not. There isn't even a clan website for doing clanstuff other than in the client anymore.

I mean.. they had one, but it's gone.

Beta Tester
4,188 posts
9,504 battles

While it would be interesting to see things like "how many players played actively on each team in each league" (ie, can you actually get somewhat high without building a team of only select picked members, or can you be a bit more relaxed and let all your members get a shot), how many % of players who played some, or a decent amount, and other things of a similar sort, there's a couple things about the ranking I'd like to know, ie how many teams can fit into each league and group (is it some total team/clan cap for higher leagues for example, or just a percentage of total clans?). Though I feel fairly certain that I should be able to get the typhoon wins required, it would be nice to see overall how many are able to do so, and how hard it actually is.

[BYOB]
Players
3,070 posts
11,021 battles
8 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

Bilderesultat for tinfoil hat

If you don't believe me, just get yourself any decent "introduction to statistics" book. You won't believe how easily you can make the numbers show what you want.

Beta Tester
4,188 posts
9,504 battles
Just now, Aragathor said:

If you don't believe me, just get yourself any decent "introduction to statistics" book. You won't believe how easily you can make the numbers show what you want.

Except there's a rather large difference between "presenting statistics in a fashion to further your agenda" and "not believing the actual values taken right out of a database".

For WG to give you entirely different numbers of players, counts of battles etc, they would have to be directly lying, not just manipulate the presentation of the data.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,977 posts
8,585 battles

Hi all,

6 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Of course not. There isn't even a clan website for doing clanstuff other than in the client anymore.

I mean.. they had one, but it's gone.

But few days ago there was a thread (and that forumite did extract his data somehow):

And I thought that, maybe, some info about ClanWars is obtainable via WG API somehow...

Leo "Apollo11"

[BYOB]
Players
3,070 posts
11,021 battles
9 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

Except there's a rather large difference between "presenting statistics in a fashion to further your agenda" and "not believing the actual values taken right out of a database".

For WG to give you entirely different numbers of players, counts of battles etc, they would have to be directly lying, not just manipulate the presentation of the data.

The end effect is still the same, outright lying and misrepresentation of data stand side by side, as their target is to manipulate you.

Besides, we don't know the true numbers, WG can tell you what they want and you won't be any wiser.

Beta Tester
4,188 posts
9,504 battles
Just now, Aragathor said:

The end effect is still the same, outright lying and misrepresentation of data stand side by side, as their target is to manipulate you.

Besides, we don't know the true numbers, WG can tell you what they want and you won't be any wiser.

Ie, you're not going to believe anything that isn't close to what you think it should be.

I guess it's a case of "it's what I would do so I think everyone would".

Also, I'll just refer to my earlier image.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,069 posts
9,107 battles

@Leo_Apollo11

I was talking about a site like those for WoT and WoWp (https://eu.wargaming.net/clans/).

They even had a working page, on which you could accept candidacies, change ranks of your members and so on.

I personally think having such website is more important than a stats site. But maybe they'll bring those things together.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
2,977 posts
8,585 battles

Hi all,

4 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

@Leo_Apollo11

I was talking about a site like those for WoT and WoWp (https://eu.wargaming.net/clans/).

They even had a working page, on which you could accept candidacies, change ranks of your members and so on.

I personally think having such website is more important than a stats site. But maybe they'll bring those things together.

I see.. RGR! :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

[BYOB]
Players
3,070 posts
11,021 battles
9 minutes ago, AgarwaenME said:

Ie, you're not going to believe anything that isn't close to what you think it should be.

I guess it's a case of "it's what I would do so I think everyone would".

Also, I'll just refer to my earlier image.

No I will remain skeptical, instead of accepting anything at face value.

But thanks for reminding me that WG has a willing audience that will swallow anything they dish out.

[BLITZ]
Players
2,069 posts
9,107 battles

Just wanted to point out that I think setting up ANY website regarding clans is not very high on their priority list. :Smile_sad:

Beta Tester
4,188 posts
9,504 battles
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

No I will remain skeptical, instead of accepting anything at face value.

But thanks for reminding me that WG has a willing audience that will swallow anything they dish out.

But this isn't being skeptical.

Skeptical is being unsure about other peoples conclusions based on facts, not doubting facts because the conclusions aren't in line with what you want them to be.

To refer to the other post linked to here. One could make a very simplistic conclusion based on just WRs (or even ratings) to which teams are "best", which wouldn't take into account a lot of factors and likely give a somewhat skewed picture (even if in broader terms it puts most teams in largely relatively the same position). What you want to do though, is look at the results and doubt the data which causes whatever team (likely your own) that does not look as good as your personal bias wants it to.

If you can check the numbers and can prove them to actually be incorrect, then please go ahead, but doubting any data because you want to is just creationism like biased on your own part and very much the opposite of being skeptical.

Beta Tester
4,188 posts
9,504 battles
9 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Just wanted to point out that I think setting up ANY website regarding clans is not very high on their priority list. :Smile_sad:

To be fair, there's the whole in game list, where they could very easily add battle history and more detailed statistics (ships used, battle count per member etc). Though an external source would be very nice too.

[W_I_G]
Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
1 hour ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

But few days ago there was a thread (and that forumite did extract his data somehow):

And I thought that, maybe, some info about ClanWars is obtainable via WG API somehow...

Leo "Apollo11"

think that the guy manually crunched data and did some simple algorithm like number of points/number of battles. that is why he got such shitty results (like OM, OMNI, TTT etc were clans with 15.+ positions)