You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IamTroublemaker

stop punishing good players with your stupid system

25 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,870 battles

As you can easily guess by the title, I am talking about the report system, aka "anyone who is better than me or I dont like gets a report and gets chatban". This forum post comes after I've been chatbanned for the fourth time in past 3 weeks, which includes 3x1day chat ban and 1 week chat ban. That being said, the first one was the 1 week ban which came after I played a single battle in that day and didn't type anything, but there is a thing I didn't mention tho, I played with St Louis (T9) and kept burning two battleships which might be a really wild guess reported me and thus I got chatbanned, so, feeling tilted I waited for the 1 week chat ban to end just to get chatbanned 2 days or so after it expired, again, I thought since I got chatbanned for a week I said to my self I wont type anything, and so I didn't, and still I got chatbanned, and why you ask? Well, some players ego (aka epeen) gets hurt after you kill them/hit them hard, which, made me realize, it doesn't make any difference whether you type (insult, spam) at all thus i started doing it a lot by myself since I get death treats, cancer wishes, people telling me what my family is like and so on on a daily basis, and those people DO NOT GET CHATBANNED since they kept messaging me after the game. So, what is the [edited]point of the report system since there is only one thing that works (misbehavior in chat) and it its being abused, especially against good players, and its simply making me quit the game.

Anyway, to make the long story short, can someone please explain me why is WG allowing for the report system to be so abused, especially since its mostly used by butthurt people who just got rekt to ruin the other persons day/week? I might just quit the game because of it

• Cool 24

Players
1,071 posts
8,168 battles

If you want that a WG official even bother to read your thread, you have to add the tag 'I am a BB player and I am not satisfied'. Even if the part about the BB player is not true, if you do not add it, WG won't notice this kind of threads at all.

• Cool 12

[SCRUB]
Players
616 posts
11,535 battles

Working as intended I guess.. I have always wondered how difficult would it be to set a rule where reports for misbehavior in chat don't count if the person hasn't said anything. Additionally there could be a database with swear words and a few variations..

As for the insults/threats post battle.. Personally I try to ignore them, but some people are just begging for a report to WG. 

Long story short, I feel you, but unfortunately it seems there are bigger priorities.. releasing premiums for instance.. 

• Cool 2

[PVE-D]
Players
113 posts
6,178 battles
7 minutes ago, Freyr_90 said:

I have always wondered how difficult would it be to set a rule where reports for misbehavior in chat don't count if the person hasn't said anything. Additionally there could be a database with swear words and a few variations..

The first one has been implemented many versions ago. So either the system was disabled, is broken or OP is not telling the entire truth.

As for the second thought: we see how well that concept works on Steam and LOL, it's too easy to circumvent. That, and what about any variation in regiolects of a language? And a combination of letters can we a sweating word in one language while it is a normal word in another.

It's again trying to solve a social problem with technology. The best algorhythms won't help if the playerbase is toxic.

Beta Tester
716 posts
10,627 battles

Why not making an option to completely disable chat, thus, making yourself immune to chat ban? Leaving only division chat and those fast comands so that there was still some communication between the team? Also would save a lot of nervs by not reading all the hate and salt in it, think its the most simple thing to do, you cant send team/game messages, nor you can see others do it, you still get a report, but the option to ban your chat is apsent because its disabled.

Tho, in a way it might work, but then again, if there are few people you know trying to say hello...

[SCRUB]
Players
616 posts
11,535 battles
1 hour ago, Yanayuki said:

The first one has been implemented many versions ago. So either the system was disabled, is broken or OP is not telling the entire truth.

*snip*

It's again trying to solve a social problem with technology. The best algorhythms won't help if the playerbase is toxic.

I was watching a Flamu stream on the RU server. Didn't say a word, came on top of the scoreboard, got a 24hr chat ban. Maybe it's an issue worth having a look at..

As for the second part, it's the only idea that I have.. I would love a community where people are not reported simply for being good. But this is the internet.. 

Tutorials might help. The ability to understand what you did wrong and therefore to become a bit better might lead to less frustration and toxic behavior (wishful thinking here) 

System based around karma? I.e. receive a small bonus for good behavior? This can be abused as well though.. 

[NED]
Players
4,183 posts
11,680 battles

I'm actually at a loss with these "chat bans." What is it that people do/ don't to receive them? I never got one. Neither am I applying for it. But I don't get it. I found myself writing things which won't necessarily pass an ethical board. Got a deserved karma punch but never a chat ban. Heck I'd have understood if I had gotten a chat ban in those occasions because retrospectively I wasn't proud of what I said. Does anyone know where the discrepancy is lying??

[AXIS]
Players
1,091 posts
2,419 battles
12 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

I'm actually at a loss with these "chat bans." What is it that people do/ don't to receive them? I never got one. Neither am I applying for it. But I don't get it. I found myself writing things which won't necessarily pass an ethical board. Got a deserved karma punch but never a chat ban. Heck I'd have understood if I had gotten a chat ban in those occasions because retrospectively I wasn't proud of what I said. Does anyone know where the discrepancy is lying??

Your stats need to be this tall *points at a measurement* to be applicable for chat ban.

My stats aren't high enough either :(

• Cool 3

[NED]
Players
4,183 posts
11,680 battles
6 minutes ago, stewie533 said:

Your stats need to be this tall *points at a measurement* to be applicable for chat ban.

My stats aren't high enough either :(

Oh! Then I'll be safe for a while. A long while...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
616 posts
11,535 battles
28 minutes ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

only 4 times in 3 weeks ? thats low , i was get chat ban each day

You're a special case Blogis. There are probably people who report you the moment they see you on the other team in a Saipan. :Smile-_tongue:

[NWP]
Players
3,532 posts
5,866 battles

I get way more reports when i dont say anything in chat as to when i actually do start to rage :cap_haloween:

Sometimes flaming my [edited]off but dont get reported. Have a good game? Sure u will get reported...

Lucky that i tend to get complimented more, so ive never been chatbanned, but still its total [edited]

• Cool 1

[DAVY]
Players
384 posts
5,349 battles

To be fair, you do get more report uses for certain things? Is it karma or games played ? I can't remember. Also I'm know as a whiny salty player and I've never had a chat ban. Most people respond correctly to my b**tching by ignoring me or commiserating with my detonation/ CV deletion. Maybe I just don't play often enough for things to add up but even with my chat abuse I'm still at like 70 karma.

[SNUBS]
Players
1,274 posts
6,683 battles
2 hours ago, Freyr_90 said:

You're a special case Blogis. There are probably people who report you the moment they see you on the other team in a Saipan

the reason i  have no reports after 1 battle is i report blogis all the time.(SHHT dont tell him) :fish_cute_2:

nah but i get reported all the time :X i dont care. fun thing is tho if i division i do pay a bit of attention to it and it seems that when we carry or annything that ppl report instead of compliment a lot :Smile_teethhappy:

Weekend Tester
769 posts
3,524 battles

The fact that people use chat bans to boost their egos goes a long way to showing the attitude that probably earns most of these chat bans in the first place! If the system was as widely abused as many make it out to be for self-assessed innocents to be chat banned several times a week then how are there still people yet to receive even one after several thousand battles? Either you people are extremely unlucky, you're targets of a mass conspiracy by the rest of the player base or perhaps some of the responsibility lies with you.

This isn't to say the karma system is perfect or even good, nor that it's not open to abuse, but it simply is not abused on the scale that some of the claims made here require it to be.

Players
1,422 posts
13,019 battles
31 minutes ago, lameoll said:

the reason i  have no reports after 1 battle is i report blogis all the time.(SHHT dont tell him) :fish_cute_2:

nah but i get reported all the time :X i dont care. fun thing is tho if i division i do pay a bit of attention to it and it seems that when we carry or annything that ppl report instead of compliment a lot :Smile_teethhappy:

The biggest reason i get reports is this guy ^^ :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[-CC-]
Players
130 posts
11,980 battles

I have never been chatbanned, however I hate undeserved reports on principle. I don't think enemy players should be allowed to report you at all, unless it is reduced to a mere placebo for stress relief with no consequences of any kind.

I posted a question about karma in the Q&A section. Maybe with enough attention we could get someone from Wargaming to actually answer.

[-5D2-]
Players
492 posts
3,644 battles

So how good must you be to get chat banned alot? That small number beside my name is 190 so is that good or bad? If that's a good number then I must be appaulingly bad in game :Smile_teethhappy:

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,300 posts
6,175 battles
22 minutes ago, HotshotJimmy said:

So how good must you be to get chat banned alot? That small number beside my name is 190 so is that good or bad? If that's a good number then I must be appaulingly bad in game :Smile_teethhappy:

worse-is-better-for-better-or-for-worse-

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
1 hour ago, Rosletyne said:

I have never been chatbanned, however I hate undeserved reports on principle. I don't think enemy players should be allowed to report you at all, unless it is reduced to a mere placebo for stress relief with no consequences of any kind.

Why not? If someone throws racist slur or therelike in the All-chat I think the enemy team is justified to report him.

Modder
3,868 posts
6,942 battles

So, because you are a good player, you should be allowed to break the rules? Or that there have to be exceptions for good player?

:Smile_sceptic:

yeah... nice elitism...

• Cool 2

[-CC-]
Players
130 posts
11,980 battles
15 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

Why not? If someone throws racist slur or therelike in the All-chat I think the enemy team is justified to report him.

False positives.

Way too many reports come from raging arseholes, and too few of them have any merit. I find the current system so bad we would be better off without it.

Players
1,071 posts
8,168 battles

Tier 10 Battle with plenty of T10 ships on both sides and our team has what? Yep, a fail division, a Bismarck dragged a Mahan and a Gneisenau into this tier 10 battle. So i say in chat 'thank you for bringing a fail division with tier 7's into a tier 10 battle'. I don't see what is offensive or insulting here. Of course did i receive 3 reports post battle. I wonder where these reports came from, because considering toping the scoreboard by pretty big margin can not be the reason. Surely it is okay, that morons can ruin the game with such IDIOT divisions yet they can abuse the report system to bulk-report me, because THEY are idiots who can not even setup a proper division.

• Cool 4