Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Selous

wows survey

22 comments in this topic

Players
54 posts
6,299 battles

So I login , up comes a window asking me to participate in a survey about how my experience has been for the last month ( pretty crap really  been choked down to about 30 % win rate )

anyway I think I will play a few games then see how I will respond .

So after 3 losses and a 4th heading that way I decide to to partake in the survey ( not a happy bunny )

anyway I click on the survey , to get this  " This survey is not accepting additional responses at this time. Thank You!  "

my question is , are you only allowed to partake in the survey if you are on a winning streak and likely to give a positive answer to the survey ? , because honestly my replies to survey would  really be negative , reflecting my game experience for the last month in wows .

On that note goodnight I am off to ESO

[NED]
Players
4,193 posts
11,680 battles

No they pop up randomly. Haven't had 1 in ages now. I don't mind filling them in. But I do so when I've cooled down after a session making it as unbiased as possible.

[PMI]
Players
2,350 posts
5,540 battles
1 hour ago, Browarszky said:

Wish I could get this survey so I could tell them where they can stick their game...

And yet here you are, in the game & forums.

Players
524 posts
33 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Well not exactly in the game... I sometimes have a look at the WoWS forums, though mostly I follow the WoT forums. Not that I have that good opinion of WoT either, but I still play it to some extent.

[NWP]
Players
3,535 posts
5,870 battles
35 minutes ago, Juanx said:

There seems to be some correlation between hating this game and going to the forums. I wasnt active in the forums for like 10 months after i started to play. But as WG seems to screw it up more and more everytime, i went to the forums because on one hand i think its a great game but on the other hand its just too frustrating to play... Having to play with total imbecils all the time is one thing. Doesnt matter if its on my team or on the enemy, both sucks.

I like those "what was your experience in the last battle" screens. I think i press 95% of the times extremely dissatisfied :cap_haloween:Not my fault they shove it into me when the match sucked.. or that so many matches suck..

I think when i started playing there were more surveys (not only ingame, but i got some to my email) but lately there arent any...

[PONY]
[PONY]
Beta Tester
4,250 posts
7,140 battles
20 minutes ago, Browarszky said:

Well not exactly in the game... I sometimes have a look at the WoWS forums, though mostly I follow the WoT forums. Not that I have that good opinion of WoT either, but I still play it to some extent.

It cant be that bad then.....

[PMI]
Players
2,350 posts
5,540 battles
23 minutes ago, Browarszky said:

So you keep playing both their titles, still come here moaning every day, nice.

Remember anyone can track how often you play...

Players
524 posts
3 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

There seems to be some correlation between hating this game and going to the forums. I wasnt active in the forums for like 10 months after i started to play. But as WG seems to screw it up more and more everytime, i went to the forums because on one hand i think its a great game but on the other hand its just too frustrating to play... Having to play with total imbecils all the time is one thing. Doesnt matter if its on my team or on the enemy, both sucks.

I like those "what was your experience in the last battle" screens. I think i press 95% of the times extremely dissatisfied :cap_haloween:Not my fault they shove it into me when the match sucked.. or that so many matches suck..

I think when i started playing there were more surveys (not only ingame, but i got some to my email) but lately there arent any...

Funnily enough, when I think about it, I started coming to the forums about the time when I started to enjoy the game itself less than I had before...

3 hours ago, Igarigen said:

It cant be that bad then.....

Have a look at the WoT forums...

3 hours ago, Juanx said:

So you keep playing both their titles, still come here moaning every day, nice.

Remember anyone can track how often you play...

Uhm... I'm not playing WoWS (5789)... and I don't come to the WoWS forums every day, at least I do not post every day and I only moan when it is the witching hour.

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles
17 hours ago, Selous said:

my question is , are you only allowed to partake in the survey if you are on a winning streak and likely to give a positive answer to the survey ?

I don't think so.

I've been invited to surveys twice in the last couple of months. Both invitations came immediately after logging in, and BEFORE playing a single game.

Both times I got the response " This survey is not accepting additional responses at this time. Thank You!  " :Smile_Default:

[PONY]
[PONY]
Beta Tester
4,250 posts
7,140 battles
2 hours ago, Browarszky said:

Have a look at the WoT forums...

What i wanted to say is: WoWs cant be that bad when you still visit the Forum.

Players
524 posts
1 hour ago, Igarigen said:

What i wanted to say is: WoWs cant be that bad when you still visit the Forum.

Ok I misunderstood. Well, I played WoWS for over two years so despite all I must have liked the game to some extent. But there are three things now that piss me off, and I can't really expect WG to do anything about those things so I guess it is time to cut my losses, pack up and move on.

Except while I do still play WoT I may make occasional visits to WoWS forums as well, I seem to have developed a small but devoted fan base here, after all.

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles
45 minutes ago, Browarszky said:

Ok I misunderstood. Well, I played WoWS for over two years so despite all I must have liked the game to some extent. But there are three things now that piss me off, and I can't really expect WG to do anything about those things so I guess it is time to cut my losses, pack up and move on.

Except while I do still play WoT I may make occasional visits to WoWS forums as well, I seem to have developed a small but devoted fan base here, after all.

"But there are three things now that piss me off..."

One of your "small but devoted fan base" need to know what these three items are! :Smile_Default:

Players
524 posts
1 hour ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

"But there are three things now that piss me off..."

One of your "small but devoted fan base" need to know what these three items are! :Smile_Default:

Okay.. since you asked.

1. I have a longstanding issue, the game mechanics... the invisible fire, the tinder box BB's... but most of the fact that I cant hit their ships... I could live with it being hard to hit them with my salvos, but I can't cope that well with it when their salvos hit me almost every time.

I'm (below) average, this is a matter of record but still...

Solution: stick to lower levels max V.

2. I had an acute issue with the 2nd anniversary campaign and collection. I made it within 3 duplicates to complete the collection. Apparently I forgot to post a king-size post-it note on my monitor with the end date....

So I didn't get the stupid flag and the ugly camos.

What actually pissed me more than that was when I contacted CS how can I complete it and unlock the stuff they chirped in that all I need to do is collect three more duplicates and I'll be all set (this after the campaign had ended...)

Solution: none. as they also pulled the bundles from the shop.

3. I've been having what I would call a festering issue, namely Imperator Nikolai.

They removed it from the shop and only afterwards informed us that it was not going to return....

Solution: none, as it is not in the shop (and SC's dropped once in a blue moon so how likely would it have been to get one that way...)

Beta Tester
193 posts
5,634 battles
6 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

Both times I got the response " This survey is not accepting additional responses at this time. Thank You!  " :Smile_Default:

I'm thinking maybe the surveys go out to a random selection of players and have a preset completion date, so if you don't log on during the time you miss the survey but still have the expired invite lying there.

In any case, as far as I know the results of the survey aren't released or  used in marketing material so there would be no point trying to rig answers. Its there so WG can mjonitor how the player base feel without relying a biased selection (like those who visit the forum).

• Cool 1

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles
39 minutes ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

I'm thinking maybe the surveys go out to a random selection of players and have a preset completion date, so if you don't log on during the time you miss the survey but still have the expired invite lying there.

In any case, as far as I know the results of the survey aren't released or  used in marketing material so there would be no point trying to rig answers. Its there so WG can mjonitor how the player base feel without relying a biased selection (like those who visit the forum).

That would be a very logical answer. :Smile_honoring:

However, I have logged on and played battles every day for the last 4-5 months (except one or two when I was not well).

Good, original thinking though!

Beta Tester
193 posts
5,634 battles
19 minutes ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

That would be a very logical answer. :Smile_honoring:

However, I have logged on and played battles every day for the last 4-5 months (except one or two when I was not well).

Good, original thinking though!

Curses. Then once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

So Wargaming is only allowing people likely to say good things about them to answer their survey, presumably to appease their sinister overlords, a secretive cabal of shape shifting lizards from outer space who want to keep people too busy playing pointless computer games on the internet to notice their plans for world domination.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
626 posts
2,055 battles
5 hours ago, Browarszky said:

Okay.. since you asked.

1. I have a longstanding issue, the game mechanics... the invisible fire, the tinder box BB's... but most of the fact that I cant hit their ships... I could live with it being hard to hit them with my salvos, but I can't cope that well with it when their salvos hit me almost every time.

I'm (below) average, this is a matter of record but still...

Solution: stick to lower levels max V.

2. I had an acute issue with the 2nd anniversary campaign and collection. I made it within 3 duplicates to complete the collection. Apparently I forgot to post a king-size post-it note on my monitor with the end date....

So I didn't get the stupid flag and the ugly camos.

What actually pissed me more than that was when I contacted CS how can I complete it and unlock the stuff they chirped in that all I need to do is collect three more duplicates and I'll be all set (this after the campaign had ended...)

Solution: none. as they also pulled the bundles from the shop.

3. I've been having what I would call a festering issue, namely Imperator Nikolai.

They removed it from the shop and only afterwards informed us that it was not going to return....

Solution: none, as it is not in the shop (and SC's dropped once in a blue moon so how likely would it have been to get one that way...)

Erm , Not sure where to start here are you really complaining that BBs catch fire to often , Are you throwing a paddy cos you didn't get a silly flag , and why would you want a Nik when you could have an Orion and burn Niks to the ground.

Very silly reasons not to enjoy the game but do me a favour please don't moan about BBs catching fire when they can delete ships in 1 salvo have no weakness whatsoever *Sighs*:Smile_amazed:

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles
9 hours ago, Unknown_Lifeform said:

Then once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Elementary, my dear Watson!  :Smile_Default:

[PMI]
Players
2,350 posts
5,540 battles
17 hours ago, Browarszky said:

Uhm... I'm not playing WoWS (5789)... and I don't come to the WoWS forums every day, at least I do not post every day and I only moan when it is the witching hour.

Odd, you played games the last 2 weeks...

In any case, advice to you would be: get real, this is an online game and you bicker as if they took your children, and all you did not get was a flag, that you would not use, and not even see, and all because you really did not care enough.

Followers? Yep, most of us laugh at your moany attitude, cant help but wonder what will happen to you once you enter adulthood.

Players
524 posts
6 hours ago, MacFergus said:

Erm , Not sure where to start here are you really complaining that BBs catch fire to often , Are you throwing a paddy cos you didn't get a silly flag , and why would you want a Nik when you could have an Orion and burn Niks to the ground.

Very silly reasons not to enjoy the game but do me a favour please don't moan about BBs catching fire when they can delete ships in 1 salvo have no weakness whatsoever *Sighs*:Smile_amazed:

Except my BB's don't do that, and I know the problem can't be with the ships, it must be with my aim. So, yes I do moan about my BB's catching fire because that is all they do in most of my games.

Orion is such a recent element in the game that I haven't quite factored it into it yet... and Nikolai is too low a tier to be truly effective, but it is a) premium ship b) Russian BB and those kind of set it apart from the rest. Also don't forget that it is currently something I want but can't have (when it was in the shop I could have had it but did not want to because I don't feel comfortable with ships that never entered service, for one reason or another).

29 minutes ago, Juanx said:

Odd, you played games the last 2 weeks...

In any case, advice to you would be: get real, this is an online game and you bicker as if they took your children, and all you did not get was a flag, that you would not use, and not even see, and all because you really did not care enough.

Followers? Yep, most of us laugh at your moany attitude, cant help but wonder what will happen to you once you enter adulthood.

When I don't like something, I don't like it 100 percent. You are right that I should have kept an eye on the end date, but I didn't. I don't actually have any use for the flag (nor for most of the camos), but I hate seeing an unfinished collection in game client.

I don't know where it says I played games in the last 2 weeks. My last battle in WoWS was on October 1.

Sign in to follow this