Jump to content
Customer Support Maintenance Read more... ×
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
woodcook

New US Cruiser Worcester

30 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles

Thank you very much, since this affected my gameplay experience greatly.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

No one can pronounce Minotaur either.

 

Mine O Tour...

 

Not Min O Tau.

 

:Smile-_tongue:

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles

Pronunciation?

How about writing Großer Kurfürst to begin with? :Smile-_tongue:

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
889 posts
8,427 battles

So it is pronounced like "Rooster" with a w instead of an r?

 

rooster.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
915 posts
11,130 battles

Ah, yes. The naive problems of pre-implementation, where your have an issue with the pronounciation, not with the usage of the ship. :Smile_teethhappy:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,818 battles

Easy enough for germans: "Wurster".

 

Still going to pronounce it: "Warchester", simply because it sounds better. :Smile_trollface: 

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NWP]
Beta Tester
1,599 posts
14,057 battles

Guys...guys...guys...

 

You just can't talk about Worcester without providing sauce! :Smile_hiding:

 

Spoiler

61s1NJ0DqqL._SX466_.jpg

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
915 posts
11,130 battles
3 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Still going to pronounce it: "Warchester", simply because it sounds better. :Smile_trollface: 

 

ch1.png.7625eae6c1ec02d7554e525f28e6297c.png     ch2.png.69d1b11295176ff93bfa039e55511971.png

 

"Kill them all. For the Lord knows those that are His own" - WarChester at the battle of Gettysburg, 1264

  • Cool 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
493 posts
3,667 battles
22 hours ago, 44smok said:

The only thing worse than a grammar nazi is a german grammar nazi ^^

 

Hey, German humour is no laughing matter :cap_cool:

 

But thank you for making more people aware because if I have to hear another American prenounce it wrong there's going to be some teamkilling :cap_rambo:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[NED]
Players
1,833 posts
7,016 battles
2 minutes ago, piritskenyer said:

Grammar Stadartenführer.

 

You missed an N there - the spell Cheka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles

Is this like the arkansas thing, that even there is clearly an S at the end of the word, you just choose to ignore grammar and phonetics "because its old enough"?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,818 battles
1 hour ago, Juanx said:

Is this like the arkansas thing, that even there is clearly an S at the end of the word, you just choose to ignore grammar and phonetics "because its old enough"?

 

Well, afaik Arkansas isn't exactly English but taken from the (then) native Sioux langauge (and then pronounced french, for raisins).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
589 posts
9,910 battles
20 hours ago, AkosJaccik said:

 

ch1.png.7625eae6c1ec02d7554e525f28e6297c.png     ch2.png.69d1b11295176ff93bfa039e55511971.png

 

"Kill them all. For the Lord knows those that are His own" - WarChester at the battle of Gettysburg, 1264

Sounds and looks like a Warhammer 40k Orc converted one by giving it more DAKA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,091 posts
2,423 battles

You do realise that it is a US ship named after a US city, right? In that case it is called Warchester... not like the Brits call it... The Brit name in this case, is wrong.

Just because it is your language, doesn't mean it's your pronunciation :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,986 posts
4,085 battles
2 minutes ago, stewie533 said:

You do realise that it is a US ship named after a US city, right? In that case it is called Warchester... not like the Brits call it... The Brit name in this case, is wrong.

Just because it is your language, doesn't mean it's your pronunciation :P

 

Actually, according to the Wiki page of the place she is named after the 'Murricans also pronounce it 'wuuster' or whatever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×