You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Zen71_sniper

Bots - there is a plague of them

31 comments in this topic

[OCTO]
Players
948 posts
17,602 battles

WG - can something be done about this?? In every game there is at least one or two.

Maybe I am TOTALLY wrong, but this is the observed behavior - I can not think of any other explanation, but a bot.

1. No camos

2. They stay in spawn until someone starts shooting at them or they see an enemy

3. They shoot at the closest enemy

4. No effort to change course - showing broadside or not even trying to use islands

It is becoming worse and worse. What can be done?

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
22 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

WG - can something be done about this?? In every game there is at least one or two.

Maybe I am TOTALLY wrong, but this is the observed behavior - I can not think of any other explanation, but a bot.

1. No camos

2. They stay in spawn until someone starts shooting at them or they see an enemy

3. They shoot at the closest enemy

4. No effort to change course - showing broadside or not even trying to use islands

It is becoming worse and worse. What can be done?

dont worry.. some of those are real players. just very bad at game...

• Cool 8

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles
15 minutes ago, Zen71_sniper said:

1. No camos

Why does this denote a bot?

I don't use camos

(a) Because the models look so good without them

(b) They look like an explosion in a toddlers crayon box for the most part.

• Cool 1

Players
984 posts
5,061 battles
4 minutes ago, The_Tyke said:

I don't use camos

As long as you don't play dds that way the damage you inflict on your team doing this is still negligible. It is still stupid and likely losing you games, but hey. 

• Cool 1

[OCTO]
Players
948 posts
17,602 battles
20 minutes ago, robihr said:

dont worry.. some of those are real players. just very bad at game...

I thought about that option, but they don't move until enemy is at their spawn. For me that is a telltale of a bot.

Really bad players in BBs, are already at the map border by that time :Smile_teethhappy:

[CAIN]
Players
2,787 posts
11,013 battles
2 hours ago, Zen71_sniper said:

I thought about that option, but they don't move until enemy is at their spawn. For me that is a telltale of a bot.

Really bad players in BBs, are already at the map border by that time :Smile_teethhappy:

Well, grind your way up to the high tiers, you'll be surprised how many bad players linger around in the spawn area and those are not bots, as they make their dissatisfaction known in chat about how bad the team plays.

Players
4,085 posts
6,979 battles
2 hours ago, The_Tyke said:

I don't use camos

Talking about taking things out of context. OP cleary stated camos was one of four points to assume, its a bot. :Smile_facepalm:

3 hours ago, Zen71_sniper said:

I have noticed this behavoir several times now. This is really really odd. Yesterday a New York showed this in my team, today also in my team a Bayern. Before that a Montana in the enemy team. The Montana i thought to be afk, but the moment I shoot him, he starts moving & shooting back. Had this a few times before but definatly increased recently. It tends to be BBs, altought, its easier to notice if a BB is showing this "playstyle".

Beta Tester
4,011 posts
15,400 battles

To be honest, many of the things You describe are more proof for a really bad player than a bot. And to be even more honest, I sometimes wish I had more bots inmy team than the usual potatos..

:cap_haloween:

[-OAW-]
[-OAW-]
Players
69 posts
7,020 battles

Sometimes i wish my teams contained bots, just logged off after a 5 loss streak because of weekend warriors doing their best to lose the game.:fish_palm:

A bot plays for the objective, actually aims okay, uses correct ammo types every now and then, makes an effort to dodge torpedoes.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
9,979 posts
15,694 battles

If there were a plague of bots that'd be an improvement to average player skill.

• Cool 5

Players
1,941 posts
10,642 battles

My "bot" loaded in game and literally spend his entire game doing nothing but sit in the spawn waving his gun around. His only in game reaction was to insult the enemy team and call himself a hero as they kill him :fish_palm: I think I'll rather have actual bots if this is the case.

shot-17_11_11_03_20.50-0932.thumb.jpg.c8f9f2ef60b0081f463e43fd7f0e45b2.jpg

Since I don't have a replay here is the result screen:

shot-17_11_11_04_01.30-0804.thumb.jpg.7d245713fb413dde85f156e5215f3b1c.jpg

He literally did nothing the whole game, nothing. 0. I've seen actual AFK ships that get some exp but this is a first.

Players
3,614 posts
8,384 battles

Funny how I first read this topic and then go play my first ship for today and our only CV player is afk. I'm not sure if he started to move after he had been detected by the red onslaught as I was busy evading shells and failing xD

Players
493 posts
3,667 battles
8 hours ago, warsinger2 said:

Fun fact those pve bots are actually better than a good 1/3 of the player base. 

They know how to;

• Aim
  • Move
  • Focus fire

1/3 of the player base only knows a 1/3 of those points :Smile_trollface:

Beta Tester
2,575 posts
3,520 battles
9 hours ago, warsinger2 said:

One third? You're being generous, sir, make it more like a solid HALF.

[-SBF-]
[-SBF-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
425 posts
10,786 battles

Bots are pretty rare imo,  what you guys see are slow loaders or disconnected players. Easy to see because the guns stay in neutral position.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
11 hours ago, warsinger2 said:

1 hour ago, lafeel said:

One third? You're being generous, sir, make it more like a solid HALF.

You 2 are far too generous, Id have bots instead of 75-90% of the human players.

[TOXIC]
Players
4,508 posts
11,466 battles
On 11/10/2017 at 4:00 PM, The_Tyke said:

I don't use camos

As you might've noticed, OP gave a long list of things indicating that someone is a bot - it's the combination of them, not just lack of a camo, that makes him believe he's not facing a real player. There are many players that don't use camos but for a bot it's pretty damn unlikely to spend credits on one, seeing how he gets no real benefit out of it and it adds additional unnecessary cost to the battle.

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,488 posts
6,713 battles
1 hour ago, Lieut_Gruber said:

Bots are pretty rare imo,  what you guys see are slow loaders or disconnected players. Easy to see because the guns stay in neutral position.

No, they're really not talking about those. Actual bots are pretty common. (the ones that only start moving or firing a single salvo after they've detected an enemy, and then stop once again waiting to be killed). They really are like a plague

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,886 battles

I've seen at least one, an Atlanta not doing anything until engaged, then moving and shooting randomly (AP against hillsides on the opposite bearing to the enemy...). Another was either a quite clever bot or an unbelievably bad player, wasted smokes, used guns instead of torps and torps instead of guns.

[AAO]
Players
2,116 posts
10,620 battles
16 hours ago, pra3y said:

He literally did nothing the whole game, nothing. 0. I've seen actual AFK ships that get some exp but this is a first.

To be honest, it is nice he indicates he is from the derp clan... 

Players
1,382 posts
5,414 battles
1 hour ago, Cosseria said:

or an unbelievably bad player, wasted smokes, used guns instead of torps and torps instead of guns.

Earlier today in Co-Op I saw a person "forget" that their T4 Cruiser Kuma wasn't a DD, as they only used torps (1 torp hit that I saw out of 10+ fired) and I didn't see them fire a single shot, not a single one!