You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Mr_Snoww

Kidd is a bit meh

102 comments in this topic

[THROW]
Players
834 posts
22,338 battles

they had an opportunity to create a good unique dd here but the kinda ruined it by giving it Benson torps instead of fletchers. if it had fletcher torps with that 1 torp launcher it would be a perfect ship but you just cant rely on the guns and 1 set of Benson torps with that horrible Benson reload to do damage. im kinda disappointed considering the amount of time they took with this premium.

• Cool 1

[BYOB]
Players
3,558 posts
13,671 battles
40 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

they had an opportunity to create a good unique dd here but the kinda ruined it by giving it Benson torps instead of fletchers. if it had fletcher torps with that 1 torp launcher it would be a perfect ship but you just cant rely on the guns and 1 set of Benson torps with that horrible Benson reload to do damage. im kinda disappointed considering the amount of time they took with this premium.

After reading the review by @LittleWhiteMouse I'm pretty certain it's a boat perfect for competitive, but not for random.

That means the ship does look meh to non-competitive players like me. And I'm not going to put 30€+ for a ship I don't find appealing.

But I also understand WG's approach here, making it good for both random and competitive would be too much.

• Cool 1

Players
98 posts
18,912 battles
32 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

After reading the review by @LittleWhiteMouse

Some of mouses reviews are a bit meh  in my opinion. To me it seems the Kidd is a perfect DD hunter - it can contest caps and heal up after brawling. Killing enemy DD is super important in Random or Competitive and gets plenty of XP - something that review never really mentions. Maybe that review is right but I don't see it as a support ship - more of a hunter with great survivability.  I will be trying it with Fletcher\Gearing captains with RPF and going for the enemy DD. That's also how I play the Sims, which that review equates the Kidd to, and that is one of my best ships.

• Cool 2

[WJDE]
Players
74 posts
303 battles
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Kidd is a ship that will do great stuff in competant hand....in average hands it will be meh

And in "below avarage" hands it will be... lets not mention that. :Smile_sceptic:

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles

Funny thing that everyone screams OP and curses WG and their moms about prem ships but as soon as one is introduced which is balanced they want it to be OP.

+ It has a larger healthpool than the comparable Benson (+1.3k) and Lo Yang (+2.1k) and on top of that has a heal giving it another potential ~9k health

+ it has the same guns as both and one more gun than the top hull Benson (which has Def AA) and Lo Yang

+ it has the T10 smoke

+ iit has a somewhat ok defense against planes, at least it can defend itself against permaspotting

- it has the same torps as the above mentioned but only 1 spread

- Lo Yang has Hydro

So combined it is absolutely comparable to a Benson (both hulls) and trades hydro and 1 torpedo salvo for almost double the health of a Lo Yang 1 gun and AA

• Cool 8

[BYOB]
Players
3,558 posts
13,671 battles
10 minutes ago, PotatoTorpedo said:

Some of her reviews are a bit meh. To me it seems the Kidd is a perfect DD hunter - it can contest caps and heal up after brawling. Killing enemy DD is super important in Random or Competitive and gets plenty of XP - something that review never really mentions. Maybe that review is right but I don't see it as a support ship - more of a hunter with great survivability.  I will be trying it with Fletcher\Gearing captains with RPF and going for the enemy DD. That's also how I play the Sims, which that review equates the Kidd to, and that is one of my best ships.

Agreed on the fact that the reviews aren't always perfect. But whose work always is?

I must say that her review reinforced my opinion, which I gained after watching several YT previews. The ship just does nothing for me. YMMV.

[THROW]
Players
834 posts
22,338 battles
4 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Kidd is a ship that will do great stuff in competant hand....in average hands it will be meh

check my stats and say that again

Beta Tester
4,603 posts
7,488 battles
10 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

What's there to check? You play all your games in divisions anyway and you are merely average solo.

• Cool 5

[FJAKA]
Players
2,024 posts
336 battles
5 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

why?...i was not talking to you.....

[TSCC]
Players
1,696 posts
19,135 battles
11 minutes ago, PotatoTorpedo said:

To me it seems the Kidd is a perfect DD hunter - it can contest caps and heal up after brawling.

It's good dd hunter, but far from perfect. Heal give you more flexibility but it doesn't give you upper hand in combat against German dds or Lo Yang which could simple smoke and use hydro. I would say that it would be really good in cap contesting. But if enemy dd smoke you have only one torp set to try to get it.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,634 posts
9,884 battles
5 minutes ago, Mr_Snoww said:

Kidd is a ship that will do great stuff in competent hands. In average hands it will be meh. :Smile_Default:

• Cool 8

[BYOB]
Players
3,558 posts
13,671 battles
6 minutes ago, LilJumpa said:

Whats to check. You play all your games in divisions anyway and you are merely average solo.

Apply Repair Party I to the burned area.

3 minutes ago, fumtu said:

It's good dd hunter, but far from perfect. Heal give you more flexibility but it doesn't give you upper hand in combat against German dds or Lo Yang which could simple smoke and use hydro. I would say that it would be really good in cap contesting. But if enemy dd smoke you have only one torp set to try to get it.

I think this is the best summary of the ship. It's good but not perfect.

• Cool 2

[FJAKA]
Players
2,024 posts
336 battles
2 minutes ago, fumtu said:

Well actually he is best DD hunter on t8.....why?.....30 k health.....and you can work around 4.8 hydro but you can not over heal....aslo Kidd outguns and outsteaths bouth Lo and KM dd

Players
98 posts
18,912 battles
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I think this is the best summary of the ship. It's good but not perfect.

Which is really what a premium ship should be IMHO. 

• Cool 4

Players
98 posts
18,912 battles
2 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Well actually he is best DD hunter on t8.....why?.....30 k health.....and you can work around 4.8 hydro but you can not over heal....aslo Kidd outguns and outsteaths bouth Lo and KM dd

Same stealth as Lo Yang - 5.8 k at best

[BLITZ]
Players
2,634 posts
9,884 battles
3 minutes ago, veslingr said:

4.8 hydro

Just a small fix, it's 5.4 :fish_glass:

:P

5 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Apply Repair Party I to the burned area.

:Smile_teethhappy:

[BYOB]
Players
3,558 posts
13,671 battles
Just now, PotatoTorpedo said:

Which is really what a premium ship should be IMHO. 

Should be, there are some glaring exceptions though.

[FJAKA]
Players
2,024 posts
336 battles
8 minutes ago, PotatoTorpedo said:

Same stealth as Lo Yang - 5.8 k at best

Yeah but Kidd has 25% more gun dps

So he outguns/outstealth his competition. And has 10 k health more in form of heal. 

[BLITZ]
Players
2,634 posts
9,884 battles
1 minute ago, _Helmut_Kohl_ said:

Lo Yang hydro is 5.43 since it got buffed. 

:Smile_great:

Players
98 posts
18,912 battles
3 minutes ago, veslingr said:

Yeah but Kidd has 25% more gun dps

So he outguns/outstealth his competition. And has 10 k health more in form of heal. 

Kidd does NOT outstealth Lo Yang. Stop it.