4 comments in this topic

Question

Players
2 posts
1,457 battles

can the devs make a 100% mod friendly support update and integration part for the game as a launcher which is optional at start up.

so we easyli can have all installed mods be compatible and work without having to redo everything all the time, it is killing it for me, also having to find the mods and downbload them the old fashioned way is a hassle when i know form other games that there could be an easy option.

make it a small fee option if it costs something to set up and maintain. and also please open up the game for full on modding for all purchased ships so that a mod changing the purchased ship (in any way) is accesible though your platform and have 2 more modes of gameplay for this.

1 being a free for all where multiplayer is the willd wild west and a single player mode where we can go extra crazy.

i hope this is possible, it would make me want to buy more that is for certain!

thank you in advance

3 answers to this question

Players
1,340 posts
3,583 battles

Basically, "WarGaming should cater to me, as I am one of the <10% of players who use mods in my game."

I think WG are fine doing things the way they are, and if you really want to play the game with mods, that's your choice so it should also be up to you to reinstall mods when they become disabled.

Also, no. Just no, to all of that modding ships beyond just cosmetics and special modes for mods - what would prevent these 'cheat' mods from going into the legitimate game modes?

• Cool 1

Players
2 posts
1,457 battles

well cap

i think gaming should be fun, i am proposing a way to make it more fun for more people and give them (devs) an excuse to earn more cash.

total war warhammer has a neat way to avoid "cheat" mods in vanilla multiplayer and it works, i cant see why it wouldnt work here as well.

Players
1,340 posts
3,583 battles

@wanderer_particas1viking You make a fair point, I'm just in the opinion that the game is already fun in it's current state and that I don't require mods to make it moreso.

I also feel that the developers' time is better spent giving us more ships to play and fixing the current bugs/balance issues than implementing something only a select few are actually going to make use of.

I am also curious as to what is this 'neat way' of avoiding cheats warhammer uses.