Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Tekacko

Stealth Kirov nerf?

16 comments in this topic

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles

Why does Kirov all of a sudden feel like she has parachutes attached to her shells?

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles

I have played quite a few battles on her before the patch, but after the patch her shells just seem...off

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Because you have bad feelings or you played too much Molotov.

Likely this, I bought a Molotov and enjoy the delicious Donskoi guns. Kirov has no meaning for wallet warriors :cap_money:

Players
57 posts
7,533 battles

My standard response to this has always been, if the shells are in the air too long... its because you're not close enough to the target.

I found the Kirov to be the low point on the whole line if I'm honest, and it wasn't that low, it just taught you how to play in a ship with a citadel the size of most DD's.

On topic however, its unlikely that anything has changed, other than your perception.

Reminder to self, buy a Molotov.

[CATS]
Players
17,807 posts
11,758 battles
7 minutes ago, LiKwId said:

My standard response to this has always been, if the shells are in the air too long... its because you're not close enough to the target.

I found the Kirov to be the low point on the whole line if I'm honest, and it wasn't that low, it just taught you how to play in a ship with a citadel the size of most DD's.

On topic however, its unlikely that anything has changed, other than your perception.

Really low point...

Spoiler

8191_605_1509450538.jpg

Players
1,952 posts
12,271 battles

Think i read they changed shell speed in 6.13 - it was a buff though. CBA to find the patch note, but you can look through it.

I hate my Kirov too, it has been collecting dust in my port for over a year

Beta Tester
4,011 posts
15,461 battles
1 hour ago, LiKwId said:

By that logic, the shells would travel fastest, if You were shooting them from behind Your target, right?

Because shooting port guns at an target at starboard would mean negative distance...

:cap_haloween:

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles
23 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Think i read they changed shell speed in 6.13 - it was a buff though. CBA to find the patch note, but you can look through it.

I hate my Kirov too, it has been collecting dust in my port for over a year

This is from the PTS bulletin:

For the Soviet Tier V cruiser Kirov, the main battery reload time was reduced from 15 seconds to 13.5 seconds, and the shell velocity was increased from 800 m/s to 920 m/s.

But the ship still retains the 800m/s shell speed, so I guess the shell velocity buff did not make it into live?

What a shame, she would have been awesome.

[CATS]
Players
17,807 posts
11,758 battles

Just read the patchnotes... :Smile_facepalm:

And as I already said:

On 09/11/2017 at 10:36 PM, ColonelPete said:

No, they did not.

[XODUS]
Players
795 posts
4,757 battles

Op does have a point but not necessarily the shell velocity but i think that the shell drag/ar has remained the same. So the shells seem to slow down towards the end at long distance.

Also tbh i agree the kirov is the low point of the line for me as well.

Up to the chapeyev now and have kept every ship so far except for the kirov. 

[POP]
Beta Tester
1,500 posts
4,893 battles
On 10.11.2017 at 10:42 PM, Tekacko said:

But the ship still retains the 800m/s shell speed, so I guess the shell velocity buff did not make it into live?

They did not do the shell velocty buff because it would have made her too strong. Statement and source are in the "interesting infoo..." thread. Would link but on mobile.

[BYOB]
Players
3,558 posts
13,678 battles
18 minutes ago, YukiEiriKun said:

They did not do the shell velocty buff because it would have made her too strong.

It would have made the ship better than the Molotov, a premium ship one tier higher.

[PARAZ]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,794 posts
14,836 battles
On 10.11.2017 at 9:42 PM, Tekacko said:

This is from the PTS bulletin:

For the Soviet Tier V cruiser Kirov, the main battery reload time was reduced from 15 seconds to 13.5 seconds, and the shell velocity was increased from 800 m/s to 920 m/s.

No, she would have been too powerful, really. That is the reason they reverted the part with the shell speed (section "Kirov buff in 0.6.13...") and only gave her the reload buff, which alone is pretty nice. She was always ment as a big punch sort-of heavy cruiser and not a DPM style one.

Players
309 posts
6,005 battles
On 11/9/2017 at 10:10 PM, LiKwId said:

Brawling in a Kirov goes exactly against what the ship is supposed to be played like; you have enough AP pen to citadel cruisers at max range, and shoddy armour yourself with a terrible turning radius and slow firing guns: NOT a brawler.

I posted this since I felt the ship was "changed" without it being announced, not because I would not know how to play the damn thing:

Kirov.thumb.png.e78a0bed842f6fed935e5421215efae7.png

Anyway, maybe it is just placebo after playing one too many Zao games, but I do feel like the shell drag was increased nevertheless.

And the last thing I´d be doing nowadays is getting a T6 premium cruiser, unless you are a masochist.

Sign in to follow this