Aotearas

FIX YOUR *Edited GAME WG!!!!

29 comments in this topic

Question

[SCRUB]
Players
8,356 posts
10,828 battles

Spot Shima in my Lo Yang, activate Hydro, start smoking up and turn out to angle against the inevitable torps.

But then the game just freezes up completely. I have to kill the game via taskmanager so I can back into the game. OBVIOUSLY the ship just keept on sailing in circles and my ship caught a torp whilst I tried to get back into the game. 1400 damage done, sunk the first minute of the game.

Great job WG. Brilliant patch WG. 10/10 would sink again WG!

I am so goddamn tired of this crap. And before anyone wants to get smartass, no I don't need anyone's bloody technical support.

My PC exceeds the hardware requirements. My drivers and everything (EVERYTHING) are up to date because I had just recently set up my eintire OS anew. I had updated the game and even used the launcher's game integrity check to make sure the update worked smoothly. No mods installed. No myriad of ressource hogging programs running in the background.

It's just this goddamn, bloody game that's not working stable on a system where it should.

Get your *Edited act together WG.

I am sooooooo close to just uninstalling the game permanently because of all the technical BS I'm getting that quite frankly I shouldn't if this game were actually properly optimized.

Go ahead and lock the topic for foul language for all I care, I needed to vent!

Edited by Nohe21
*This post and the Thread Title have been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 4

28 answers to this question

[THROW]
Weekend Tester
969 posts
4,828 battles

Lol, same thing here, in Gearing. Caught a pesky shimakaze finally, and my first shot crashed the client - the error message was so long with exceptions that I couldn't even find the OK button. By the time I got back my ship was sinking, really annoying.

Anyway you might want to edit the topic title, they will just close it otherwise.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,356 posts
10,828 battles
3 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

Lol, same thing here, in Gearing. Caught a pesky shimakaze finally, and my first shot crashed the client - the error message was so long with exceptions that I couldn't even find the OK button. By the time I got back my ship was sinking, really annoying.

Anyway you might want to edit the topic title, they will just close it otherwise.

I don't even get error messages. The game just freezes up and that's it.

And I won't edit the title, neither do I give a flying sh*t if they close the topic or not.

Funny thing is the game probably runs a LOT better on lew-end systems because WG's entire optimization budget for the game was spent for Soviet era potato computers.

Players
4,295 posts
11,813 battles

you may think your Commodore 64 with 5.25 inch floppy drive is state of the art OP. Well it's not. We are long running C Amiga!

• Cool 1

[THROW]
Weekend Tester
969 posts
4,828 battles
2 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

I don't even get error messages. The game just freezes up and that's it.

I get a bunch of exceptions (and I mean hundreds) so I'm pretty sure someone was hard on vodka and commented out a whole branch of a statement.

[NWP]
Beta Tester, Players
1,736 posts
4,894 battles

This is how I imagine you right now:

*Edited

Am I close?

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks (Image).
  • Cool 2

Players
177 posts
21,561 battles

When the game starts lagging I stop inputs with the mouse and no W A S D.

Sometimes i prevent the game from crashing,and things returns  quickly too normal

[SCRUB]
Players
1,623 posts
13,723 battles
1 minute ago, Blixies said:

This is how I imagine you right now:

Reveal hidden contents

fucking-angry.jpg

Am I close?

Im on ts with him and you nailed it! 

[BLITZ]
Players
2,637 posts
9,884 battles

Conqueror mode. Spitting fire, short fuse.

Spoiler

:Smile_honoring:

Players
455 posts
9,986 battles

Same crap was happening to me as well, but of course in CW. You know, it is cool to get nuked by some big mouth moron in CW and to look like a Sunday potato.

I guess I do not have to mention that I have a fresh - clean OS with the newest drivers, super high system specs, no background spam running, fresh game installed, etc...

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester, Sailing Hamster
335 posts
5,362 battles
On 11/9/2017 at 3:56 PM, Nohe21 said:

*Thread moved to "Tech Corner" due to wrong section.

On 11/9/2017 at 3:02 PM, Aotearas said:

no I don't need anyone's bloody technical support

/case closed

[RATEL]
Players
118 posts
On 11/9/2017 at 2:02 PM, Aotearas said:

My PC exceeds the hardware requirements. My drivers and everything (EVERYTHING) are up to date because I had just recently set up my eintire OS anew. I had updated the game and even used the launcher's game integrity check to make sure the update worked smoothly. No mods installed. No myriad of ressource hogging programs running in the background.

done everything except a full client re installation i guess? 

i had a crash each time i launched a random (tho not co-op) until i realized re installing was the right option ...  i still have a plethora of mods (mostly cosmetically mods and a few practical) and i don't control my background running programs but no more crashes.

but i didn't re install my full OS anew, it's the same old dirty swap W10 since i changed my mobo.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,356 posts
10,828 battles
30 minutes ago, nc_squall81 said:

done everything except a full client re installation i guess? 

... I did.

Really, I don't need anyone asking me if I did this or that. It's not my end. It's just the game not working stable for whatever vodka-induced reason. The whole sh*tshow started with patch 0.6.1. The game worked flawlessly before that patch. Ever since that patch I got multiple CTDs per gaming session, though thankfully mostly just randomly in port or when loading up games. A quick client restart lost me perhaps half a minute of the match start. Annoying, but I can deal with that. With the last big patch however (0.6.13) the game started to randomly freeze up ingame during matches. No error messages or anything, it just freezes up completely and I have to kill the process via Taskmanager.

Seriously, it's not me having a faulty install, or a potato PC full of bloatware or whatnot.

The only reasonable explanations that I can give at this point is that WG straight-up blundered with the optimization process for higher spec PCs (assuming all their budget and effort went into making sure it runs on russian potato PCs).

Nothing else fits the symptons ... to repeat: PC exceeds hardware specifications, clean OS (with latest service updates), clean installs (double-checked), no mods, up to date drivers, no hardware failures (checked CPU, GPU, RAM and harddrive), stable highspeed internet connection (no connectivity issues or noticable packetloss, then again internet issues would result in different issues that CTDs/game freezes anyway).

Problems started precisely with patch 0.6.1 (randoms CTDs in port, starting up battle queue, loading up the match or exiting to port) and escalated in 0.6.13 (ingame freeze-ups).

[RATEL]
Players
118 posts
17 hours ago, Aotearas said:

... I did.

Really, I don't need anyone asking me if I did this or that.

actually .... yes you need it ... because there is probably something you had forgot .... 

Nothing else fits the symptons ... to repeat: PC exceeds hardware specifications, clean OS (with latest service updates), clean installs (double-checked), no mods, up to date drivers, no hardware failures (checked CPU, GPU, RAM and harddrive), stable highspeed internet connection (no connectivity issues or noticable packetloss, then again internet issues would result in different issues that CTDs/game freezes anyway).

me too ... and still the issue was on my end ... :p even tho i differ a bit since i have no issues anymore and my OS surely does not have the latest update (Win 10 Fall Creator Update made some of my other games crash, OH? maybe something to look into. )i have a tons of mods (so it's not an issue either) up to date driver is not the best way sometime (even tho now it's ok i used a 6 month older driver until yesterday... tho it was logical due to my GPU brand ) 

The whole sh*tshow started with patch 0.6.1. The game worked flawlessly before that patch. Ever since that patch I got multiple CTDs per gaming session, though thankfully mostly just randomly in port or when loading up games. A quick client restart lost me perhaps half a minute of the match start. Annoying, but I can deal with that. With the last big patch however (0.6.13) the game started to randomly freeze up ingame during matches. No error messages or anything, it just freezes up completely and I have to kill the process via Taskmanager.

i re installed all around 0.6.1 since then, only got once or twice to kill  the process via task manager (but right at the start of a match, never during a match) 0.6.13 until now .... i even got less "crash at loading" 

It's not my end. It's just the game not working stable for whatever vodka-induced reason

i used to think that, but still ... oh well at last you're not completely arrogant and didn't lashed out at me, full of insult or name calling, because i tried to help you in the manner you explicitly wrote "i don't need that kind of recommendation"

what annoys me, is i do the complete opposite of you, except for the clean game re installation, and i got no crashes anymore... either i am extremely lucky or you are extremely unlucky ... 

[SCRUB]
Players
8,356 posts
10,828 battles
8 hours ago, nc_squall81 said:

actually .... yes you need it ... because there is probably something you had forgot .... 

Short of learning programming and then disassembling WoWs source code for potential issues or straight up building a completely new PC, I really haven't forgotten anything.

And no, I don't use Windows Creator.

It's really just the game, which is why I'm impotently raging at WG since that is the only recourse left for me after I exhausted all potential options to try and troubleshoot the issue myself.

[RATEL]
Players
118 posts
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

It's really just the game, 

which is ... strange ... why you have issues while i have none, i know your are not alone in that case (tho neither am i) 

one more .... rollback graphic driver ... as i said "full up to date" is not always the best idea.... (what GPU you have? )

in the end .... i think it's that part...

9 hours ago, nc_squall81 said:

what annoys me, is i do the complete opposite of you, except for the clean game re installation, and i got no crashes anymore... either i am extremely lucky or you are extremely unlucky ... 

[SCRUB]
Players
8,356 posts
10,828 battles

Oh my, it's almost as if THERE WAS SOMETHING FUCKlNG BROKEN WITH THE BLOODY GAME!!!

Again the game froze up midgame, again I'm dead because of it.