Kandly

Update 0.6.13 - Tech Tree visuals

9 comments in this topic

Players
406 posts
556 battles

Hi guys,

Please post your feedback regarding the tech tree visuals in Update 0.6.13 below.

Cheers,

Kandly

[BEXF]
[BEXF]
Players
18 posts
4,422 battles

The French Tech Tree is showing the Tier II & Tier III Cruisers as Unlocked ready to purchase, even though I have not played that Line.

[BYOB]
Players
3,075 posts
11,058 battles

The amount of white color in the silver line makes it hard to distinguish between ships that I own, need to research, and do not own.

There is just too much white color and the grey outline of the ships that I do not have just melts into the massive amounts of white.

The tech tree should add more color to the boxes to distinguish between owned ships, ships that need to be researched, and ships not currently owned.

Also, ship XP is not visible on owned ships, and the Roman numeral tier markers are almost invisible (why they aren't displayed in bold white is beyond me).

Beta Tester
265 posts
17,511 battles

hum...

ship names are white,

ship classes are white,

ship credit cost is white, 

ship XP needed to unlock is white,

ship tier is white,

box around ships you own is white,

box around ships you dont own is white (ok you may call that grey but really cant tell the difference),

Its confusing as hell to understand anything of it...

Cant you use other colors other then white (like maybe make box around ships we own/or background of those boxes green for example... something with contrast so we can tell what we have and we dont with a simple glimpse)

White with grey makes no contrast at all...

• Cool 1

[MIRAI]
Players
123 posts
7,493 battles

The new tech tree looks terribly ugly. Even the games made in year 1995 had better graphics than that full-of-white-boxes mess.

It is hard to read. Not easy to the eye. Looks too dull, and confusing.

It's better to just revert it back.

Players
2,348 posts
6,672 battles

I prefer the new tech tree over the old one. It's easier to use as an overview and now I don't have to click or mouse over as much as I used to have to.

I would stil like info like standard purchase price to also be viewable after I bought a ship, so I don't ahve to look up on a wiki if I wanna tell some friend how expensive any particular ship was.

[BYOB]
Players
3,075 posts
11,058 battles

#TechTreeSoWhite2017

13 hours ago, Fubucky said:

It's better to just revert it back.

I'd rather have them work on it and make it better.

[BAD-B]
Players
652 posts
2,345 battles

don't bother, I tried to get some reasonable answers from WG about this during PTS testing on the forum, I did not get any ...

so far it looks like this:

1. owned: white text,  no cost, thick white box

2. ships immediately obtainable: thin white box, white text (these had green background previously)

3. ships missing some price: no box, white text, cost

4. ships not obtainable: grey, no box, no cost of any kind

I had to click on several ships to figure this out, it is completely obscure to a new player and I suspect there's NO description or tutorial available anywhere that explains this ...

Usual WG style ...

• Cool 1

[-MM]
Players
437 posts
8,435 battles

I still don't see what you guys actually improved. Some white borders and some ships are slightly transparent. Yay, That was worth the effort...

• Cool 1