You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ThePurpleSmurf

WG seriously, this issue has to be addressed!

77 comments in this topic

Players
1,071 posts
8,209 battles

My last tier 10 battle, which we lost, had the usual A line camper on map Loop and -oh wonder- it was a Tirpitz. This guy fired only HE at targets further away than 22km and did not leave the A line once since game start. So i checked his stats and… well …

wallet_warrior1.jpg

So you think, okay he is 'not so good', let's see what he plays usually, as tier 10 seem not to be the right place for him.

wallet_warrior2.jpg

Like really?!? Only Tier 1's, 1253 games in Black Swan and then of course a Tirpitz with 2076 games. Look at his average damage and main battery hit ratio.

Seriously WG, this has to be looked at, because it is a real problem for a lot of players. Players like this guy ruin the high tier gaming experience for EVERY team they join, because this is pretty much -1 BB right from the start. I get it, you love potatoes and want to make them happy too, but in my opinion you love the potatoes too much and ignore the other players who like to enjoy the game on a bit high level.

• Cool 8

[BLITZ]
Players
2,079 posts
9,146 battles

One should have to have unlocked a silver ship of the same tier as the gold ship.

At least in randoms.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,827 battles

(that guy clearly isn't interested at all in grinding, with 1300 games in T1)

If you want to forbid potatoes in FFA then you have to forbid super unicums too.

There is no solution in this. Extremes will always exist in FFA.

Geting a T8 right at the start is not the problem either, as there are good beginners in high tier premiums as well as so many potatoes at T10.

It's very frustrating yet common in any online multiplayer game.

• Cool 8

[DAVY]
Players
1,542 posts
9,023 battles

maybe he hasn't worked out how the tech tree works yet...

• Cool 5

Players
1,427 posts
13,055 battles

Either this is the same guy i raged at the other day, or its more of them. Im betting its many of them. But hey, they pay WG so why not....... 

*Edited

Edited by Nohe21
* This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive content.

Players
1,071 posts
8,209 battles
9 minutes ago, PseudoMi said:

There is no solution in this.

Nonsense! This could be fixed very easily with a proper matchmaking system that take a personal rating into account.

• Cool 1

[BLITZ]
Players
2,079 posts
9,146 battles
2 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Nonsense! This could be very easy be fixed with a proper matchmaking system that take a personal rating into account.

Based on what. Damage dealt, frags?

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
22 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

My last tier 10 battle, which we lost, had the usual A line camper on map Loop and -oh wonder- it was a Tirpitz. This guy fired only HE at targets further away than 22km and did not leave the A line once since game start. So i checked his stats and… well …

wallet_warrior1.jpg

So you think, okay he is 'not so good', let's see what he plays usually, as tier 10 seem not to be the right place for him.

wallet_warrior2.jpg

Like really?!? Only Tier 1's, 1253 games in Black Swan and then of course a Tirpitz with 2076 games. Look at his average damage and main battery hit ratio.

Seriously WG, this has to be looked at, because it is a real problem for a lot of players. Players like this guy ruin the high tier gaming experience for EVERY team they join, because this is pretty much -1 BB right from the start. I get it, you love potatoes and want to make them happy too, but in my opinion you love the potatoes too much and ignore the other players who like to enjoy the game on a bit high level.

That is one reason why I stopped playing WoWS.

Mong players such as that one is part of the business model as that makes the game so frustrating that it makes players more likely to spend money on tier progression in order to escape such ultrabad players but will ultimately fail, as the above proves mong players has infested the game all the way to tier 10...

Beta Tester
1,929 posts
7,756 battles
16 minutes ago, PseudoMi said:

If you want to forbid potatoes in FFA then you have to forbid super unicums too.

There is no solution in this. Extremes will always exist in FFA.

Geting a T8 right at the start is not the problem either, as there are good beginners in high tier premiums as well as so many potatoes at T10.

It's very frustrating yet common in any online multiplayer game.

If you want to get rid of superunicums all you have to do is remove the ability to play in division.

• Cool 3

Players
1,071 posts
8,209 battles
Just now, SeeteufeI said:

Based on what. Damage dealt, frags?

An ELO rating system. It works for a wide spectrum of sports, it works for chess, it work for countless online games. This is why there is an ELO system, this is why rating systems like this work for a long time already. The ELO system is a long time established measure system for a persons skill in a game or sports. WG just does not care about this stuff, as long as the money get thrown at them.

And i do not suggest an extremely strict rating system to block out players entirely, but players like the example above do clearly not belong into high tier battles and a solution has to be found.

[HAERT]
[HAERT]
Players
1,186 posts
2,402 battles
10 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Nonsense! This could be fixed very easily with a proper matchmaking system that take a personal rating into account.

PR will never work people will farm to have good stats just as some do now, 

However MM taking number of battles fought into account might help, as you would hope more battles equals more experience and an understanding of how to actually play the game. Reality and the stats shown above clearly show that there are exceptions to every solution suggested. 

Players
3,607 posts
7,323 battles

I like the fact that this guy manages to do so badly at T1. T8 I can understand, but T1, that takes committment.

• Cool 5

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,132 posts
11,682 battles

That guy's stats are amazing. Even via sheer yolo trial and error you'll think something would have been improved on. 

I've seen threads on WoT where people admit to only playing when drunk and a friend said someone confessed that they only play when on drugs... 

WG's policy is to put everyone into one pot which is ok until DDs and CVs come into play. You can usually predict who will win games by looking at how those two classes do in the first few minutes.

Players
3,363 posts
5,845 battles
39 minutes ago, PseudoMi said:

Or he doesnt know? I was thinking the last days, cant remember with 100% certainty - is there any kind of advice in the game on how to advance? I dont think so... You go in the game, you have the list with the T1-ships - they are there from the get go - and you see the big fat "battle" button.

43 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

One should have to have unlocked a silver ship of the same tier as the gold ship.

Only effectiv way to do. But WG wont. Its gonna lock out customers.

23 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

That is one reason why I stopped playing WoWS.

Im very close aswell...

• Cool 1

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
936 posts
4,201 battles

Who cares?

For every moron in your team you sooner or later will have the same moron on the enemy team. Don't see posts about 'damn, the enemy was so bad, WG fix it!'.

Spend more time on how YOU play and what YOU could do better. You have power over that.

• Cool 5

[BLITZ]
Players
2,079 posts
9,146 battles
1 minute ago, ForlornSailor said:

Only effectiv way to do. But WG wont. Its gonna lock out customers.

They could let players play them in coop without restrictions.

That would not lock them out completely.

Players
3,363 posts
5,845 battles
Just now, Lord_WC said:

Don't see posts about 'damn, the enemy was so bad, WG fix it!'.

Then you have to open your eyes. Ive posted many times and ive seen many posts saying "we roflstomped the enemy in <8 min - it sucks". And just for you ill state again: I hate it when the enemyteam sucks so bad, that we win by points within a few minutes. You see a post about "damn, the enemy was so bad, WG fix it" now? Glad I could help...

• Cool 1

[WJDE]
Players
74 posts
303 battles
18 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

An ELO rating system. It works for a wide spectrum of sports, it works for chess, it work for countless online games. This is why there is an ELO system, this is why rating systems like this work for a long time already. The ELO system is a long time established measure system for a persons skill in a game or sports. WG just does not care about this stuff, as long as the money get thrown at them.

And i do not suggest an extremely strict rating system to block out players entirely, but players like the example above do clearly not belong into high tier battles and a solution has to be found.

Some players (like me) have this collector complex that they (or me) just HAVE to have that ship. Even if i dont play it much.

AND (!) if its admiral package (i tend to buy admiral packages), guess what, it contains 30 or more xp multiplayer missions. AND those missions are no longer valid after certain date...

You see where i'm going with this?

Situation would improve if missions like these would be available for buyer forever till complete.

PVE rewards should look more interesting for new players.

Than the buyer that just have to have that ship could play few times his new toy, realize he just CANT play it and continue with something else or buy another ship.

Now he just have to play it in order to get max out of his/her money.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,132 posts
11,682 battles
2 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

Who cares?

For every moron in your team you sooner or later will have the same moron on the enemy team. Don't see posts about 'damn, the enemy was so bad, WG fix it!'.

That's actually one of the things I enjoy. You can test the opposition to see how they react. 

Often you'll find they are unable to cope with you and that's when the fun begins. Like I almost never snipe enemy CVs regardless of how bad, I prefer to strip their deck and humiliate them. Maybe a little mean but if WG insist on their one size fits all MM then I'll take full advantage of it thank you.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
1,844 posts
2,580 battles

Whether you like it or not, the player in question has just as much a right to play this game as you do. And he is not doing anything against the rules of the game.

• Cool 1

[QUCA]
Weekend Tester
936 posts
4,201 battles
20 hours ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

An ELO rating system.

Quit feeling pity for yourself for a second and think it over what would happen:

1) a league type elo system - well, good luck, people over 60% WR would spend about 5 mins every time to get a match. No thank you.

2) teams have the same average ELO - the better you are the more morons you would get. Thanks, I don't want the MM to select [edited] from far and wide so that I have to carry even harder.

By far the best format for WoWs/WoT type games is the total random.

20 hours ago, Negativvv said:

Like I almost never snipe enemy CVs regardless of how bad, I prefer to strip their deck and humiliate them. 

Damn, now I want to division with you sometime:D

• Cool 5

[BLITZ]
Players
2,079 posts
9,146 battles
9 minutes ago, Lord_WC said:

Don't see posts about 'damn, the enemy was so bad, WG fix it!'.

There are actually quite some "complaints" about one-sided wins.

I prefer a close and thrilling loss to an easy win.

• Cool 1

Players
3,363 posts
5,845 battles
Just now, lafeel said:

Whether you like it or not, the player in question has just as much a right to play this game as you do. And he is not doing anything against the rules of the game.

You are ofc right about that. However, the fact that I have no option to stay away from that kind of ppl is frustrating. As much as I love the game - Im more and more not motivated to hit "Battle" cuz Im having a headache about the stupidity im gonna face within the next 10 to 20 mins.

15 minutes ago, robihr said:

there is solution.. play CB or ranked :Smile_trollface:

Its not really a solution. Only to slap a password on a randomroom and play with people you want to in the same enviroment as a random match is a solution. 

[UNICS]
Players
607 posts
5,827 battles

Actually in WoT Blitz they implemented an ELO MM as an option for random T9 and T10 battles.