geographu

NERF this STUPID BROKEN SHIP "FLINT"!!!

82 comments in this topic

[SUNKD]
Players
15 posts
6,517 battles

WG nerf this broken ship FLINT! Its stupid and you *Edited know it! Just nerf it already! :Smile_izmena:

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 3
  • Bad 3

[SUNKD]
Players
15 posts
6,517 battles
Just now, ColonelPete said:

Learn how to shoot into smoke or how to evade smoked up ships.

I did shoot him into smoke, I know how to do it..but RNG said he will not be hit by any single shot because OP ship! then he moved behind an sland and smoked up and my QE's guns cant have the arc to shoot behind that island he was..not to mention he started 2 fires on me..I repaired ..I used my heal..he started again fire..and pure HE dmg from those fukin guns reloading with light speed! Should I mention this bugger was full HP after 3/4 of the game? in a supposed paper ship?? My CV didnt want to interupt his daka-daka party against our team..my other teammates didnt bother to shoot him either, even if I told them to shoot Flint because he is dangerous with every second he lives..but no..why bother with that?

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,818 posts
6,902 battles
15 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

While yes most people dont know how to shoot in smoke... What you just said is not a correct argument at all. Flint is crazy OP and you know it.

That said WG will probably never nerf it directly since its protected by premium armor. Luckily theyre very rare so dont get too hung up on it.

• Cool 3

[SSA]
Players
519 posts
16,269 battles

1) git gut m8. Gl with your smoke shooting practice.

2) Ofc the CV didn't go anywhere near a Flint. Do you know how much AA that thing has ?

3) Maybe they were bad, maybe they had no arcs on him. crap happens mate.

4) I expect your threats about the Belfast, Kutuzov, (optionally Perth) imminently

(bonus points for asking to remove a. RN cruisers, b. ships with floaty arcs, c. destroyers, d. islands)

On a serious note have you tried maneuvering and staying at range ?

Getting hits on an evasive target at range in a Flint/Atlanta/US dd is a nightmare and their range isn't that good to begin with.

A well played Flint is strong as all hell (op? why not) but it's not as if there's no counterplay.

• Cool 2

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,439 posts
11,421 battles

You know what they say? Drive a ship yourself before calling it OP. That way you will learn what weaknesses the ship has and that it is by far not as OP as you thought first.

For example Flint has only 11.1km range (13.3 with AFT). And the grenades have a very long flight time, even a BB can evade most of them with WASD-Hax. And weak armor, even CAs can oneshot it. It's not his fault that you can't hit him in his smoke.

• Cool 1

[SUNKD]
Players
15 posts
6,517 battles
5 minutes ago, rnat said:

1) git gut m8. Gl with your smoke shooting practice.

2) Ofc the CV didn't go anywhere near a Flint. Do you know how much AA that thing has ?

3) Maybe they were bad, maybe they had no arcs on him. crap happens mate.

4) I expect your threats about the Belfast, Kutuzov, (optionally Perth) imminently

(bonus points for asking to remove a. RN cruisers, b. ships with floaty arcs, c. destroyers, d. islands)

On a serious note have you tried maneuvering and staying at range ?

Getting hits on an evasive target at range in a Flint/Atlanta/US dd is a nightmare and their range isn't that good to begin with.

A well played Flint is strong as all hell (op? why not) but it's not as if there's no counterplay.

1. I am still learning..under 2.5k battles so, on my way!

2. You are right here..CV had the whole reasons not to get too close to this AA monster;

3. True/Perhaps;

4. Actually no! I know how to counterplay ships like Kutuzov, Belfast or RN cruisers..sure, they are annoying but I can hurt them too in return...but this..this was hopless..

Have you ever tried to turn a QE in time and safe when u are focused fired by a stupid Flint? Literally this guy just kept firing me like I was the only ship remaining of the closest target!

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,671 battles

*Edited

I will use my Flint now just for fun, hopefully I'll get him in the MM. 

Also hi @Commander_Cornflakes we were Vs in Clan Battles the other day. Monty vs Monty :Smile_izmena:

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to non-constructive content.
  • Cool 2

[SUNKD]
Players
15 posts
6,517 battles
2 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

You know what they say? Drive a ship yourself before calling it OP. That way you will learn what weaknesses the ship has and that it is by far not as OP as you thought first.

For example Flint has only 11.1km range (13.3 with AFT). And the grenades have a very long flight time, even a BB can evade most of them with WASD-Hax. And weak armor, even CAs can oneshot it. It's not his fault that you can't hit him in his smoke.

well..I wont buy every premium ship just WG want me to know every ships weakness and strenghts! Feel free to do so!  And if you read more carefully you would noticed I said he was in smoke but behind an island, an island too high for my QE's firing arcs..how do u counterplay that?

[OM]
3,439 posts
11,421 battles
1 minute ago, geographu said:

well..I wont buy every premium ship just WG want me to know every ships weakness and strenghts! Feel free to do so!  And if you read more carefully you would noticed I said he was in smoke but behind an island, an island too high for my QE's firing arcs..how do u counterplay that?

You can't buy a Flint. It's a reward ship for Ranked. (=free for everyone (who plays Ranked enough))

And you counter Flint by moving away. Or by going stealth. And clever use of damage control party (which basically means to not use it most of the time :fish_book:)

[SUNKD]
Players
15 posts
6,517 battles
1 minute ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

You can't buy a Flint. It's a reward ship for Ranked. (=free for everyone (who plays Ranked enough))

And you counter Flint by moving away. Or by going stealth. And clever use of damage control party (which basically means to not use it most of the time :fish_book:)

hmm...strange..I ended up 10th on last Ranked season and I didnt get it..oh...wait..I had to be 1st on every Ranked season until now..I guess this is how u get the ship..and no...I am not that stupid to use my DCP after the first fire started, especially when you are under HE rain from an HE spammer...but you say I shouldnt use it at all, even if I had 2 or 3 fires in the same time? and then another,,,and another..because hey..lets give Flint some magic fire chance...with every shot we will start a fire..I shoot HE in my Orion and I dont get as much fires as this guy had in this match!

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,818 posts
6,902 battles
8 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

"A nuke doesnt level an entire city because you havent tried dropping it yet. Dont say it can if you havent dropped one too see what it can obliterate or not."

Flawless logic.

Ive seen a nuke level a city and Ive seen that Flint is really damn strong.

I already felt Flint was super strong before, but now it benefits from the new IFHE so free 2% firechance on top of an already strong ship you know for good measure. These sloppy long flight time shells benefit from BFT which normal light cruisers dont get the benfit of. 

I play a lot of Atlanta and damn its good, problem is that if you get spotted behind an island the whole enemy team will start shooting at you. Ofc I learned to live with that, but it still forces me to stop shooting or retreat so not all my guns can hit my target anymore... Or you know if I had smoke I could just press a button and continue to fire knowing that long lasting US smoke will protect me. And you know if someone shoots me and hits me in the smoke I can just press W or S and dodge that as well.

Tl;dr Flint is OP and all of you that has one knows it, yet for some reason keeps denying it.

• Cool 1

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,818 posts
6,902 battles
31 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

This is another useless argument. If Flint gets into a position to contest an objective the Flint will be able too shoot at targets all the time, well unless the enemies run away and the Flint wins on points because it can single handedly make a death zone for DDs, Cruisers , BBs and Carriers. Oh and if enemies reposition Flint still has cruiser mobility, under 10km concealment so it can set up a new death zone wherever.

If running away is the only counter to a ship then its OP. 

Edit: to clearify I think both Atlanta and Flint are too strong, its just that Flint is OP because it removes the high skill ceiling Atlanta has by giving it a foolproof US smokescreen, much more usable torps and even higher total AA values (even more because combining Smoke and AA is super good against unskilled CV players and further inflates XP and WR totals).

[OM]
3,439 posts
11,421 battles
10 hours ago, geographu said:

hmm...strange..I ended up 10th on last Ranked season and I didnt get it..oh...wait..I had to be 1st on every Ranked season until now..I guess this is how u get the ship..and no...I am not that stupid to use my DCP after the first fire started, especially when you are under HE rain from an HE spammer...but you say I shouldnt use it at all, even if I had 2 or 3 fires in the same time? and then another,,,and another..because hey..lets give Flint some magic fire chance...with every shot we will start a fire..I shoot HE in my Orion and I dont get as much fires as this guy had in this match!

Obviously. Because Flint gets like ten times more hits than your BB. More hits = more fires.

Fire damage is 100% healable, so if you survive the spam, you can heal it all given enough time. When he starts spamming at you, you have to either kill him, or if that is not possible (because of islands or whatever) turn away out of his range or into stealth. Then repair and heal. (The main reason why I try to never repair fires is the chance of torpedos hitting me. And a flooding does far more damage than 1 or 2 fires.)

10 hours ago, Affeks said:

If running away is the only counter to a ship then its OP. 

Ok, just for you, more counters against Flint:

• Radar
  • Hydro
  • Torpedos into Smoke
  • Shells into smoke (preferably with scout plane)
  • getting closer
  • getting further away
  • using WASD-Hax to minimize hits
  • kill it before it lays smoke
  • kill it after smoke fades
  • EDIT: Go stealth. He can't spot you while being in his smoke or behind an island and if he doesn't see you, he can't shoot you.

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,818 posts
6,902 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

• Radar
  • Hydro
  • Torpedos into Smoke
  • getting closer
  • getting further away

There is little to no radars at tier 7, a few NOs and Chapas, but nothing you mert every game like in tier 10

If you smoke in a position so close to the enemy that hydro kills you then you woulda died when smoke runs out anyways.

If torps kill you in smoke then goddamn youre terrible. Stay angled, on the move and preferably behind an island EVEN when you have smoke up. This here basically screams to me you dont play much ships with smoke.

Shells into smoke? As I said a simple press on W or S can save you from those. 

Getting closer? Oh wait hell kill you with guns or torps, or flint can just usethe already set smoke to get far enough away that its super good concealment kicks in.

Further away? See my prev post

Using WASD? I dont find it that hard to hit stuff that dodge anymore... Yes sure this still is a valid tactic and is a weakness. But 4.5 sec reload with 12 guns without having AR kick in yet give you lots of room to range your target or miss a few shells.

Kill it before it lays smoke? Lmaaaao with its concealment thats not likely, and with deadly AA that is longer than its air detection you cant rely on CV/catapult plane spotting either.

Kill after it lays smoke? Well again any Flint player with half a braincell will already be behind an island or already repositioning by that point. 

[OM]
3,439 posts
11,421 battles
16 minutes ago, Affeks said:

There is little to no radars at tier 7, a few NOs and Chapas, but nothing you mert every game like in tier 10

+Atlanta, Belfast, Indianapolis, Baltimore, Donskoi, Missouri and Black, that can all meet a Flint in battle.

If you smoke in a position so close to the enemy that hydro kills you then you woulda died when smoke runs out anyways.

You know, a ship with hydro could move closer to the smoke after it's set?

This here basically screams to me you dont play much ships with smoke.

I'll just leave this here:

Spoiler

5a02491d85932_Unexperiencedwithsmokecruisers.thumb.jpg.d3f2bedca9e6b821da6bb8195c376329.jpg

:Smile_trollface:

Shells into smoke? As I said a simple press on W or S can save you from those. 

If you can't hit moving targets, that's not my problem. Especially a ship with such a fire rate is easy to hit, even with some movement.

18 minutes ago, Affeks said:

Kill it before it lays smoke? Lmaaaao with its concealment thats not likely, and with deadly AA that is longer than its air detection you cant rely on CV/catapult plane spotting either.

Ever heard of a thing called team work? Ask your DD to spot.

18 minutes ago, Affeks said:

Kill after it lays smoke? Well again any Flint player with half a braincell will already be behind an island or already repositioning by that point. 

Lol, try to find such an island on maps like ocean, mountain range or tears of the cruiser.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,671 battles

A Belfast is far more of an issue than a Flint as it has longer range and more usable guns. 

Flint does have USN smoke and 9.2km torps however.

Also OP ,maybe has an issue with the player behind it rather than the ship as anyone who can reach Rank 1 three times probably knows what they're doing. At least with things like positioning, when to fire, where to aim, what ship to kill first etc... 

• Cool 1

Players
1,752 posts
9,924 battles

Charging sort of work even better against smoked up ship now. Was in a game where only enemy cv and neptune were left. I spotted enemy Neptune so he smoked up since the CV was "spotting" me and began shooting. I thought to myself since its the end might as well charge while forgetting about the new detection change. Imagine both of our suprise when I spotted the Neptune at 6km (or whatever its smoke firing detection range is) and promptly sank it after baiting and dodging his torps earlier.

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
7,430 posts
13,838 battles

Deal with Flint like you would with any smoked up cruiser:

- charge it (if close enough)

- torp the smoke

- try smoke firing

- radar/hydro

- run away (especially viable against a Flint due to her short range)

If you simply stick around and let him burn you to death YOU have misplayed and he's more than welcome to reap the benefits.

[CATS]
Players
14,730 posts
10,882 battles
5 hours ago, Affeks said:

While yes most people dont know how to shoot in smoke... What you just said is not a correct argument at all. Flint is crazy OP and you know it.

That said WG will probably never nerf it directly since its protected by premium armor. Luckily theyre very rare so dont get too hung up on it.

It is not OP.

It just has a chance of having a good player behind the controls.

I got similar reactions with my Atlanta.

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,415 posts
5,101 battles
7 hours ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

• Radar
  • Hydro
  • Torpedos into Smoke
  • getting closer
  • getting further away
  • EDIT: Go stealth. He can't spot you while being in his smoke or behind an island and if he doesn't see you, he can't shoot you.

Flint is basically a Atlanta on steroids (smoky smoke).

And to the ones that argue you have to play a ship to know its weaknesses: thats true, but as stated, you cant buy them all.

For countering the Atlanta: easier said than done, IF the Atlanta captain knows its buisiness.

Atlantas usually stay in cover, rain shells and disapear. You got 9,4km spotting range, so the only thing that gets you spotted are DDs (or maybe that 9,1km Atago).

A skilled Atlanta captain will let you get closer, even if he has 13,3km range so when he opens fire, his usual bait the BB has little chance escaping, plus he will remain undetected behind the island or due to his high shell arc can fire at you while you cant fire back. Plus there are most likely other ships around that fire at you, too.

If a Atlanta has a proper spot to farm damage, you can do 3 things:

- hope for radar and then try to fire back, doenst work often because most ships got flat shell arc.

- get closer so even he hits the mountain in front of him

- run away if you can because 13,3km max.

Know the struggle, but I am usually not at the receiving end, so I know exactly how you can chase an Atlanta out of his spot. 

For Smoke: the usual counter is the same as for most british ships. Flint can be countered the same way a Belfast can be. Problem is: Gamer in Flints are usually more experienced (dont say smarter) than the average Belfast-Joe, which gets some people in trouble. Unicum with Belfast will farm you as much as any Flint will do.

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,072 posts
9,827 battles
8 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

Not really working well with flint since its thin  and has the tendicy to cause citadel overpens like Atlanta.

Not that its a real problem since she is still a short range ship and there are enogh conters thogh. Plus with how they try to push clanwars as teh new competitiv mode and  lower Ranked frequency the influx of new Flints will be quite low

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Players
1,210 posts
15,050 battles
9 hours ago, geographu said:

WG nerf this broken ship FLINT! Its stupid and you fukin know it! Just nerf it already! :Smile_izmena:

This... after ... smoke nerfs ... bb player ?

EDIT: 63% OP played in BB's lol

[UNICS]
Players
1,210 posts
15,050 battles
34 minutes ago, ParEx said:

Flint is basically a Atlanta on steroids (smoky smoke).

And to the ones that argue you have to play a ship to know its weaknesses: thats true, but as stated, you cant buy them all.

For countering the Atlanta: easier said than done, IF the Atlanta captain knows its buisiness.

Atlantas usually stay in cover, rain shells and disapear. You got 9,4km spotting range, so the only thing that gets you spotted are DDs (or maybe that 9,1km Atago).

A skilled Atlanta captain will let you get closer, even if he has 13,3km range so when he opens fire, his usual bait the BB has little chance escaping, plus he will remain undetected behind the island or due to his high shell arc can fire at you while you cant fire back. Plus there are most likely other ships around that fire at you, too.

If a Atlanta has a proper spot to farm damage, you can do 3 things:

- hope for radar and then try to fire back, doenst work often because most ships got flat shell arc.

- get closer so even he hits the mountain in front of him

- run away if you can because 13,3km max.

Know the struggle, but I am usually not at the receiving end, so I know exactly how you can chase an Atlanta out of his spot. 

For Smoke: the usual counter is the same as for most british ships. Flint can be countered the same way a Belfast can be. Problem is: Gamer in Flints are usually more experienced (dont say smarter) than the average Belfast-Joe, which gets some people in trouble. Unicum with Belfast will farm you as much as any Flint will do.

Belfast also outspots flint , and atlanta.. Fiji is close to

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,415 posts
5,101 battles

Just to add another thing that really grinds my gears.

Most of those rumors like the OP posted are about the basic Paper-Rock-Scissors-Stuff.

OP faced a ship that first of all is owned by experienced and most likely good players and since we dont know the circumstances I assume the Flint was in a decent positition to take out the OP.

So there is the cry for a Nerf.

To make things clear: not every ship is supposed to counter every other ship in every situation. There are moments when you just have to take it.  Would the OP start a topic about how strong and OP the ship he played is when he outplayed another ship (like he oneshots a cruiser?). Hell no.

Bassically this topic is ready to be closed since it is just another whine-topic we already got in abundance.

• Cool 2