You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Griva

Shipyard discount is well balanced. It's not irony at all.

31 comments in this topic

[RAGE]
[RAGE]
Players
292 posts
8,685 battles

First of all I want to congratulate very well balanced shipyard building, great job WG :fish_palm:

Shipyard buildings gives perm. -10% discount for all ships on certain tiers and everything would be perfect if this discount would apply only to buying ships. But it's not.

Bassicaly we save 10% of credits when we buy ship but we also get -10% credits when we sell the same ship. You can say that still less money is needed to get ships and this is true but...

If I buy for exmaple tier VI fuso for 3.670.000 credits then I get 367.000 credits but later when I will try to sell the same ship i get 1.651.500 instead of 1.835.000 - simply speaking the final profit from whole transaction is 183.500.

It's not much but also you don't pay much for this bonus... anyway I see 2 big problems related this implementation:

1. If I build let say, tier 8 building, it means all current ships in port get sell discount what means people in clan lose money. Example:

I buy North Carolina for 9.800.000 before building discount structure, then clan get t8 discount and later when I want to sell the same ship after finishing exp grind I can sell it for 4.410.000 instead of 4.900.000.

This is 490.000 lose of credits, almost half of a milion. The same goes to other structures for tier 5, 6 and 7.

Ok but what does it mean?

It means that to catch up that lose, to be at "0" you need to grind another 2 ships of tier VIII in this case and moreover your clan lost 5000 of OIL just to stab knife in your own back. Da fuk? Seriously who invented it.

2. Fortunately there is a way to avoid sell discount! You just have to leave your clan, sell the ship and... profit! Great idea, well played.:cap_cool:

Seriosuly do we need to do some strange actions to not lose money? Is that what WG wanted? Its is not about "you don't need to be in clan" or "it is your problem",  this is just pure logic of developers who made completely stupid situation...

As addition I just want to add that it is not possible to destroy buildings so clan is not even able to fix such mistake. Wargaming please fix that.

Thats all. If I made any mistake, correct me.

//edit

I fotgot about last thing - disocounts don't stack so all clans with built shipyard has -10% less benefits from all event discounts.

• Cool 2

[WCWVE]
Players
772 posts
11,997 battles

The answer is very simple as ColonelPete has stated, never ever, ever , ever , ever sell a ship

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles

So he is forced to buy port slots, great ideas guys...

But during a 50% discount you can buy all the tier 5 (and mayber tier 6, not sure) for 40% of the price, leave your clan, sell them and profit :Smile_coin:

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,635 battles

Yeah it's only worthwhile for those who haven't grinded those ships yet.

Although if you're swimming in credits like me then a few hundred thousand is irrelevant :cap_money:

[RAGE]
[RAGE]
Players
292 posts
8,685 battles
3 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Or just do not sell ships.

Or pick another building.

1 minute ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

The answer is very simple as ColonelPete has stated, never ever, ever , ever , ever sell a ship

Solution almost as good as saing to north korea people "Don't live in north korea"

• Cool 2

[RAGE]
[RAGE]
Players
292 posts
8,685 battles
19 minutes ago, ColonelPete said:

Ships are not north korea. Different topic.

Yes xD

but you see the point i hope, not selling ships is not a solution because "I do this".

I am not the one who got this buildings, we expected it so we don't build it. I made this thread not because I lost money but this is just stupid implementation and need to be fixed. Simple.

Players
961 posts
4,865 battles

Well, being that I'm notoriously short on credits I get the point, but in the long term you make profit anyways. And seriously, how many ships are you gonna sell after entering? 

[HOME]
Beta Tester
1,816 posts
6,842 battles
1 hour ago, ColonelPete said:

Or just do not sell ships.

Or pick another building.

57 minutes ago, pzkpfwv1d said:

I hope for god this is sarcasm. 

There are tons of reason why people sell ships.

For example youll need new captains all the time if you keep lower tiered ships.

Or maybe you dont have too much silver because you dont play much premium ships or have premium account to account for the service costs of tier 9-10 ships or premium consumables.

Or maybe you dont like a ship so you sell it.

Or maybe you always have more XP than you have money so you sell old ships to buy new ones.

And finally maybe the rest of the buildings are already built...

God these posts are super unconstructive... Though if you tried to make me salty you sure succeded.

• Cool 6

[PUPSI]
Players
6,239 posts
5 hours ago, Migulaitor said:

But during a 50% discount you can buy all the tier 5 (and mayber tier 6, not sure) for 40% of the price

discounts don't stack

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,481 posts
7,954 battles

Isn't this how every credit discount ever in the history of the game has functioned?

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,102 posts

It's a bit of a pain with the discount as I have several T8 ships I bought before we built the shipyard (so not discounted) that when I come to sell them I will have to sell at the discounted price, no I can't keep them as I'm not swimming in silver, I don't have the port slots and I've no intention of keeping dedicated captains as I don't have multiple 10+ pointers per nation.

[BONUS]
[BONUS]
Beta Tester
2,683 posts
7,234 battles

Cost of ships in credits is immaterial compared to the money you will save over the life of the ship if you get the service discount.

Players
3,571 posts
7,333 battles
8 hours ago, Migulaitor said:

So he is forced to buy port slots, great ideas guys...

But during a 50% discount you can buy all the tier 5 (and mayber tier 6, not sure) for 40% of the price, leave your clan, sell them and profit :Smile_coin:

Dunno about other players, but I've never bought port slots. Yet I own nearly 40 ships excluding Arpeggio/Dragon/Halloween and still have dozen slots left. They just happen:Smile_hiding:

[BLITZ]
Players
2,070 posts
9,107 battles
1 minute ago, bushwacker001 said:

Leave clan, sell ship, rejoin clan....it's not rocket science. 

+ play at least two days to get bonuses again

[BLITZ]
Players
2,070 posts
9,107 battles
23 minutes ago, Panocek said:

Dunno about other players, but I've never bought port slots. Yet I own nearly 40 ships excluding Arpeggio/Dragon/Halloween and still have dozen slots left. They just happen:Smile_hiding:

Port slots?? Who needs some, I'd have plenty to sell!

[DAVY]
Players
1,538 posts
9,015 battles

Are you sure it applies to ships you already own?

"Any discounts on purchasing will also apply to their sale—i.e. when you buy and then sell the same ship while your 10% bonus is active, you save 5% of the initial cost of the ship. If any other discount is active when the bonus is, they are not added together, but the larger one is applied."

[RAGE]
[RAGE]
Players
292 posts
8,685 battles

When I see posts like " leave clan " I have feeling that 50% of human population have no ability to read or abstract thinking.

To be honest it is hard to belive this happens.

• Cool 1

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles
10 hours ago, Panocek said:

Same here, around 90 ships and some port slots free but from the point of view of a newish player it might be a problem.

[DAVY]
Players
1,538 posts
9,015 battles

so chaps, can anybody confirm it's just the ships you have bought at a discount when you sell them later, or all your ships once you activate the building?

[WCWVE]
Players
772 posts
11,997 battles
13 hours ago, SeeteufeI said:

Port slots?? Who needs some, I'd have plenty to sell!

I personally have 14 extra port slots, that is despite having approximately 170 ships in harbour 

[HAERT]
Players
2,102 posts
22 minutes ago, Salentine said:

so chaps, can anybody confirm it's just the ships you have bought at a discount when you sell them later, or all your ships once you activate the building?

All once activated, I have many ships bought before the clan activated the discount, the discount applies to their sale.