You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ThePurpleSmurf

I started as a potato and 5000 random battles later i'm a 'Great' potato

27 comments in this topic

Players
1,189 posts
9,590 battles

A little personal celebration, because I have just played my 5000 random battle on EU. My total played battles is 5600 but this include ranked and some coop, so this does not count.

I started to play WoWs in May 2016, thanks to @Aerroon, and i was horrible at this game. Like really horrible with a 45% WR and a WTR of maybe 700. I ruined my stats completely because i was A) a potato and B) there was the GNB event, which was the first event i played in WoWs. Missions included to score a ridiculous amount of (won?) battles to collect some currency to buy ingame goods. I honestly do not really remember what this all was about. What i know is, that i joined one game after another, yolo'd like a moron and hoped for the best so the team wins the game, then after i died i left the battle and joined the next match. Of course this was beyond moronic, as it not only took me much longer to get the needed battle numbers, but it also harmed my stats in the very long run. But what did i know, i was new to the game. ;)

I focused, and still do, on DDs and since a while also on Cruisers. Almost 75% of my games are DD and 24% are Cruiser games. I played 4900 out of the 5000 battles as solo queue. Looking at my progression on stats websites i have improved at a reasonable pace and my WR hit 57% and WTR 1400 after about 1500 battles. I kept on improving from here but it took me an insane 3500 battles to smooth out my retarded first 1500 battles and get some decent overall stats. After 5000 battles my stats look like this:

Spoiler

5000-random-battles.thumb.jpg.3293382e00dfa4e6a2aa378a27b061c1.jpg

So if you are a potato like i was then keep going, there is hope to get rid or the red stats and you too can become a 'Great' potato some day. I keep going too, the overall unicum stats are only 5000 more battles away :Smile_playing:

• Cool 7

[0RCA]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
258 posts
5,366 battles

For some reason I am on they outer side of this story.

In last 400 game I lose like crazy.

Players
230 posts
5,952 battles

You are not great potato, if we look at your stats. I think you are more like good player. Last potato color is green and first non potato color is blue. Color codes are; superpotato, potato, great potato, good player, nofamily and nolife.

Gz and keep going.

• Cool 7

[CAIN]
Players
3,306 posts
12,492 battles
16 hours ago, kalamies said:

You are not great potato, if we look at your stats. I think you are more like good player. Last potato color is green and first non potato color is blue. Color codes are; superpotato, potato, great potato, good player, nofamily and nolife.

Gz and keep going.

Actually, there are far more categories of potatoes.

Sub groups of potatoes are far too numerous to be mentioned here, as there is still the character limit, however, the most important ones are:

patatus *Edtied patatus catastrophus giganticus, patatus vulgaris, potatus mediocris, patatus magnus superiore.  

For a complete list of potatoes, pls PM me and i'll PM you the link from which you can DL the complete list after you've purchased it for as little as 149€**!

It's a bargain, you'll save a $$$hit-ton of money!

**Limited offer! Only 1000 lists are available for 149€, everyone who purchases it after the 1000 are sold, will have to pay 249, 95€

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 11

[SLAPP]
Players
1,343 posts
7,559 battles
15 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

patatus *Edited

I WANT THIS TITLE!

Beta Tester
2,440 posts
6,679 battles
15 hours ago, Jethro_Grey said:

patatus *Edited patatus catastrophus giganticus,

:Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy::Smile_teethhappy:

Sir you made my day with these XD

[XODUS]
Players
798 posts
4,785 battles

I am laughing my head off at the potato comments @Jethro_Grey but you forgot patatas terminus amplexator

• Cool 1

[TU]
Players
174 posts
5,797 battles
4 hours ago, kalamies said:

This categorization clearly needs some work. First, superpotato and great potato are almost synonyms, yet you have placed them at opposite ends of the potato spectrum. You are also slightly confused about the colors. As per gaming community traditions owing to the natural colors of the respective vegetables, it's clear that potatoes are yellow stat players, red stat players being tomatoes.

[RN]
Alpha Tester
920 posts
5 hours ago, ASharpPencil said:

For some reason I am on they outer side of this story.

In last 400 game I lose like crazy.

here here

@OP welcome to the garden

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles
46 minutes ago, urr027 said:

This categorization clearly needs some work. First, superpotato and great potato are almost synonyms, yet you have placed them at opposite ends of the potato spectrum. You are also slightly confused about the colors. As per gaming community traditions owing to the natural colors of the respective vegetables, it's clear that potatoes are yellow stat players, red stat players being tomatoes.

So purple stat players are eggplants?

Please, can we make that a thing? Cuz eggplants.

[N0RSE]
Players
1,741 posts
3 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

So purple stat players are eggplants?

Please, can we make that a thing? Cuz eggplants.

Purple potatoes exist you know. Just saying. IRL aswell. 

VEPOT25664_3.thumb.jpg.c9bb2b5242016cf7bdf3ee8e6240df31.jpg

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles
30 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

Kids, don't do drugs.

• Cool 1

Players
170 posts
7,460 battles

tumblr_nn791o24LZ1tq4of6o1_400.gif

Have similar story fail->improve->fail->improve(etc.)

For me right now this game looks more like a chess than aim and click like at the beginning :cap_like:

Players
349 posts
15,839 battles
8 hours ago, kalamies said:

Gz and keep going.

Errr, I think I am having trouble progressing through the ranks. Does anybody have a guide on how to get a family or get a life? :cap_old:

[ONE2]
Players
2,933 posts
17,514 battles

Simples, @OttoZander my friend. Follow these 7 heavenly steps to Nirvana closely:

1) Take a sledgehammer and smash your computer, then burn it.:cap_haloween:

2) Repeat with the iPhone.:fish_boom:

3) Talk to girls IN PERSON.:cap_wander_2:

4) Get drunk and make a fool of yourself regularly.:Smile-_tongue:

5) Buy a one-way ticket to Asia or South-America, take no money with you.:cap_win:

6) Return in 10 years with wife and kids.:cap_like:

7) THIS IS IMPORTANT! If still bored, repeat.:Smile_izmena:

It worked just fine fine for me, so it should work on anyone. Of course, once you become too old and decrepit to do all that, you can re-purhase computer and start playing World of Warships. :cap_old:

PROBLEM SOLVED!:cap_cool:

• Cool 1

Players
204 posts
183 battles

*There´s no constructiveness regarding Gameplay on the Thread´s Topic, so moved to "Off Topic".

Players
1,771 posts
4,470 battles
19 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

Potatoes are related to deadly nightshade, and I've heard that purple ones are particularly close to the poisonous plant.

Make of that what you will.

• Cool 1

Players
923 posts
14,669 battles

So many patatus as those Jethro_Grey enumerated can really give you a "patatús" (stress in the last syllable; it's a Spanish emphatic word that can be roughly translated into something from a faint to a heart attack due to shocking news).

21 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

IIRC (it's been a long time since I studied Chemistry), iodine is the substance that dyes potatoes purple okay, checked it out and its dyeing is actually done by anthocyanins, like berries (damn heterocyclic compounds, their variety and insanely diverse properties).

3 hours ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Potatoes are related to deadly nightshade, and I've heard that purple ones are particularly close to the poisonous plant.

All Solanaceae contain alkaloids in varying degrees. The funny thing about potatoes is that the tuber is the only edible part because it's the one with almost nonexistent alkaloid content and hence the easiest to clean out by boiling or frying, and in spite of that people get intoxicated from time to time due to insufficient cooking.

Salute.

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
3,306 posts
12,492 battles
On 7.11.2017 at 9:58 PM, JaiFoh said:

I am laughing my head off at the potato comments @Jethro_Grey but you forgot patatas terminus amplexator

errare patatum est

Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles
On 8.11.2017 at 6:20 PM, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

That's actually really visible on this forum.

• Cool 1

[CAIN]
Players
3,306 posts
12,492 battles
5 hours ago, Vanhal said:

That's actually really visible on this forum.

est veritas est