You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
anonym_IWDmAoWWysc1

French Cruiser Line !!!

61 comments in this topic

Players
72 posts

Hi, how are you guys.

I want to discuss something about French Cruisers line!. For god sake what is the point of developing French cruisers line? unbalanced ships that can't compare them with other nations ships in same tier !

No rate of fire, No armor, no concealment, no handling, then can any one explain to me what is the point for developing this ships in WOWS?

Even you can't compare them with Russian DDs exactly in same tier !

I think there is only one explanation and that WG went to help other players to grind more Credit and XP.

[-TPF-]
Players
2,277 posts
10,706 battles

They're fine. Really. Tiers II, III and IV are amongst the best in class, V and VI are only tough until you adapt to their tier, VII up are good all around cruisers.

• Cool 1

Players
4,544 posts
8,228 battles
6 minutes ago, MNR1357 said:

Even you can't compare them with Russian DDs exactly in same tier !

You are not suppose to compare Cruisers with Destroyers... :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles

I take it you're still at the lower tiers? too lazy to check... but even there, most of them arent half bad... the T4 is stupidly good at its thing, long range HE, for example. 5&6 are okay, not amazing but workable - and from T7 onwards you get mean damage farming machines (even if the carry potential might be a little lackluster at times).

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
6,566 posts
7,484 battles

Uhm did u have a look at your own stats?

T6 basicly highest average damage only a little bit behind Graf Spee (and thats half BB half Cruiser)

T5 Highest Average Damage

T4 Highest Average Damage

T3 Highest Average Damage

so... what u want more? Winrate can be dismissed by so few battles played.

The Armor can work heavily in their favor when u hit them but get 0 damage because of the spaced armor. Maybe the line isnt for u (alltho i doubt that looking at your damage).

[TTT]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
6 minutes ago, MNR1357 said:

yes I know that, but I mean how much that cruisers are bad even can't compare them in armor and gun fire with DDs.

you know, you say that while having better average damage in the T5 than in most of your other T6 cruisers (which also are by no means horrible by the way, I've seen people with less than that in their T10s...), so... yeah. Not sure what to make of that claim.

Oh, and you maybe should actually PLAY some of those gunboat DDs before you talk about them... :Smile_facepalm:

Players
72 posts
3 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

I take it you're still at the lower tiers? too lazy to check... but even there, most of them arent half bad... the T4 is stupidly good at its thing, long range HE, for example. 5&6 are okay, not amazing but workable - and from T7 onwards you get mean damage farming machines (even if the carry potential might be a little lackluster at times).

Fine, but can you tell me, if that possible for tier 5 and 6 French  cruisers get in combat against other nations cruisers in same tier and live out ?

Japan tier 5&6 cruisers > French tier 5&6 cruisers = better fire power and armor

German tier 5&6 cruisers > French tier 5&6 cruisers = better DPM and handling and range 

Russian tier 5&6 cruisers > French tier 5&6 cruisers = better DPM and range 

US tier 5&6 cruisers > French tier 5&6 cruisers = better DPM and armor

British tier 5&6 cruisers > French tier 5&6 cruisers = I can't say anything, you can't compare them at all.

[NWP]
Players
6,566 posts
7,484 battles
11 minutes ago, MNR1357 said:

Fine, but can you tell me, if that possible for tier 5 and 6 French  cruisers get in combat against other nations cruisers in same tier and live out ?

Ofc u can? Its a matter of skill, only because the stats seem better (reload f.e.) doesnt mean u cant win a fight against them.

And u arent necessarily fighting them 1vs1, its still a teamgame. If u feel confident to go into a 1v1 do it, if not then dont.

Players
72 posts
On 11/7/2017 at 2:06 AM, DFens_666 said:

Ofc u can? Its a matter of skill, only because the stats seem better (reload f.e.) doesnt mean u cant win a fight against them.

And u arent necessarily fighting them 1vs1, its still a teamgame. If u feel confident to go into a 1v1 do it, if not then dont.

I am wonder why you are defending from something and you know that have big problem. I believe that French cruisers exactly in tier 5&6 need buff to get balanced with other cruisers in same tier.

On 11/7/2017 at 2:06 AM, DFens_666 said:

Ofc u can? Its a matter of skill, only because the stats seem better (reload f.e.) doesnt mean u cant win a fight against them

Commander skill is important but the ship characteristic is more important. 

[L4GG]
Players
2,100 posts
7,682 battles
44 minutes ago, MNR1357 said:

waste of time and money for playing tier 5 and 6.

I'm sorry you feel this way.

maybe it's not your cup of tea.

But Emile it's just one of the best t5 there is ( and I played it all ).

Lagal it's my second or third choice at t6.

speaking overall, the French Line it's the best so far. I haven't played with a turd so far, unlike all the others lines.

Players
349 posts
15,839 battles

I absolutely hated that line and I still trash them every day whenever I get the chance, but I have accepted the fact that the line was not meant for me as that play style bores the living hell out of me and it is only my own incompetence with the line that makes it bad for me. I am not an idol, but I think you could take example.... :cap_hmm:

[LAFIE]
Beta Tester
2,829 posts
3,634 battles

I'll have you know that the tier 5 is one of the most fun cruisers I have ever had the pleasure to drive.

[ONE2]
Players
2,933 posts
17,547 battles
8 hours ago, MNR1357 said:

I can, have done that many times and lived to tell the tale. Emile Bertin is a good ship and one of my favorites, but you have to play it right, it is fast and agile (take the steering gears mod just to make sure) and the turrets turn very fast so you can WASD your way out of trouble while maintaining guns on target and firing at your pursuers also the range is longer than Furutaka, for example (and torp range is almost the same at 9km), so you will be able to keep it at arm's length, it also fires MUCH faster. It does suffer from incapacitations tho and takes damage easily so I would recommend taking Last Stand and Adrenaline Rush for your captain ASAP. Emile's AP is well able to pen any Cruiser in her tier and even some higher tier ones though you might want to consider taking IFHE at some point to improve your HE damage a bit...:cap_old:

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
93 posts
6,988 battles

Cannot really remember low tiers as i mostly sped through them but t9 is godmode. HIV take some time adapting after it tbh but once you get the grip of it it's quite good and fun to play

Players
72 posts

All your comments are respected
But the reality is different, I am a cruiser player so I have played with all nation's cruiser lines in the game and have great moments with them, but about the French line I am disappointed.

for god sake, there is no way to compare this line with others at least in tier 5,6.
I have played with AOBA and Furutaka and they have better firepower, accuracy and concealment, Omaha and Cleveland have better firepower and armor, Kirov has better fire power and accuracy and range, Budyonny have a better rate of fire and fire range, Koingsberg and Nurnburg have a better rate of fire, fire range and concealment, Emerald and Leander have a better rate of fire and concealment plus smoke generator.

I am talking about the fact of ship's characteristic not the player or commander skills.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,227 posts
15,789 battles

The Henri kind of sucks to be honest, she should have just been to the Saint Louis what the Hindenburg is to the Roon. That said, I'm pretty sure that if you go back to the corresponding cruisers of the lower tiers you would find them to be as disappointing as the French cruisers are to you right now. I went back to look at the Mogami that I had quite fond memories of, and my performance in her were utterly pathetic. The French cruisers really aren't weak, the tier 8 and 9 in particular are terrifying to battleships and formidable against other cruisers.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,227 posts
15,789 battles
1 minute ago, MNR1357 said:

what is the strength point of this ship to others? :Smile_amazed:

The French have good range, moderately low shell drag, and good fire chance. They work well as long ranged HE spammers.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

Algérie, Charles Martel, Saint-Louis and Henri IV are really good ships. Once you get them you'll start to enjoy French cruisers.

Players
72 posts
On 11/7/2017 at 11:05 AM, dasCKD said:

The French have good range, moderately low shell drag, and good fire chance. They work well as long ranged HE spammers.

have good range compare to British and Japanese line only, moderately low shell drag compare to US line, good fire chance compare to British line and yes they work well as long ranged HE spammers compare to Russian line, but in fact and in battle that doesn't help this ships to get live out when engaged with other nation`s cruisers in same tier.

On 11/7/2017 at 11:06 AM, _DeathWing_ said:

Algérie, Charles Martel, Saint-Louis and Henri IV are really good ships. Once you get them you'll start to enjoy French cruisers.

I wish, for now I am stuck with Tier 6.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

Yeah, tier VI is trash. Never liked it.

[CATS]
Players
19,937 posts
12,412 battles
43 minutes ago, MNR1357 said:

All your comments are respected
But the reality is different, I am a cruiser player so I have played with all nation's cruiser lines in the game and have great moments with them, but about the French line I am disappointed.

for god sake, there is no way to compare this line with others at least in tier 5,6.
I have played with AOBA and Furutaka and they have better firepower, accuracy and concealment, Omaha and Cleveland have better firepower and armor, Kirov has better fire power and accuracy and range, Budyonny have a better rate of fire and fire range, Koingsberg and Nurnburg have a better rate of fire, fire range and concealment, Emerald and Leander have a better rate of fire and concealment plus smoke generator.

I am talking about the fact of ship's characteristic not the player or commander skills.

What we showed you is not reality?

Server stats are not reality?