You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
FloppyCopy

Clan Battles - Pilot Season - Rating system

24 comments in this topic

[GOLD]
Players
23 posts
14,254 battles

While I work on improving the algorithm. Here are the Clan Battles winrate.

Have not included teams in lower leagues.

ClanBattleWinRate_5_11_17.PNG

• Cool 1

[GOLD]
Players
23 posts
14,254 battles

The higher up in league, the more points given. Then divided by number of games. Not official at all. But i love crunching numbers.

[CATS]
Players
19,937 posts
12,412 battles

Depending on points given for rank, that algorithm could be flawed.

You basicly value a low ranked clan that got to his rank with few games higher than a top clan that got to the top early and had to fight to stay there.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

idk what calculations this had, but it is terrible algorithm.

btw lol OMNI at 16th place, WGP2W at 18th, TTT at 22th position... srsly those clans suck :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

[TTT]
Players
4,608 posts
8,081 battles
13 minutes ago, robihr said:

idk what calculations this had, but it is terrible algorithm.

btw lol OMNI at 16th place, WGP2W at 18th, TTT at 22th position... srsly those clans suck :Smile_trollface:

yeah I know right? we certainly do! Must be all those hags that we haven't adapted to CBs yet because we're having too much fun owning Halloween bots with them! :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
1,952 posts
6,544 battles
12 minutes ago, Tyrendian89 said:

yeah I know right? we certainly do! Must be all those hags that we haven't adapted to CBs yet because we're having too much fun owning Halloween bots with them! :Smile_trollface:

It is a bit much to say that we are owning Halloween bots with some of the events that happened tonight.

• Cool 1

[OP]
[OP]
Players
385 posts
10,964 battles

How you get data ?

Also I can give you exmaple about wr:

If clan XYZ wait 20 days after clan wars start (just start later) it means this clan going to get way better win rate than any other clan starting from first day.

Simply becasue all strong enemies going to reach top leagues and its not possible to meet them in lower leagues.

Players
299 posts
19,093 battles
1 hour ago, Griva said:

How you get data ?

Also I can give you exmaple about wr:

If clan XYZ wait 20 days after clan wars start (just start later) it means this clan going to get way better win rate than any other clan starting from first day.

Simply becasue all strong enemies going to reach top leagues and its not possible to meet them in lower leagues.

True. And I dont see a way how to account for this in any objective way.

Beta Tester
191 posts
11,367 battles

I like your intentions to formulate a Rating System for Clans  in Clan battles. Unfortunately your efforts are quite wasted due to a few behavioural reasons on the clans side. Let me explain. 

As stated by Griva Clans can influence their rating by just waiting until the top clans reached higher leaques reducing the chance to meet them in battle. 

Another Option is for Clans to form "Top Teams" which are supposed to ease the rise of the clans in higher leaques until the first leaque where all members join the fray to earn Stalingrad Flag. 

We personally use CW to train our newest Members forming equal teams where the more experienced ones guide the less to rise their skill level and make them perform better overall.

All in all your stats are quite some work but only represent a windowed performance of the clan quite not much differing from the Ranking provided by Wg. I would even dare to say you only kinda sort them by Winrate. But the WG MM System seems a little flawed with the engagement range so that low leaque clans often fight the high leaque ones with mostly expected results ( I don't say that that lower ranked clans can't win against higher ranked ones it just tend to happen less)

• Cool 1

Players
986 posts
5,083 battles
32 minutes ago, _Kettenbeisser said:

I like your intentions to formulate a Rating System for Clans  in Clan battles. Unfortunately your efforts are quite wasted due to a few behavioural reasons on the clans side. Let me explain. 

As stated by Griva Clans can influence their rating by just waiting until the top clans reached higher leaques reducing the chance to meet them in battle. 

Another Option is for Clans to form "Top Teams" which are supposed to ease the rise of the clans in higher leaques until the first leaque where all members join the fray to earn Stalingrad Flag. 

We personally use CW to train our newest Members forming equal teams where the more experienced ones guide the less to rise their skill level and make them perform better overall.

All in all your stats are quite some work but only represent a windowed performance of the clan quite not much differing from the Ranking provided by Wg. I would even dare to say you only kinda sort them by Winrate. But the WG MM System seems a little flawed with the engagement range so that low leaque clans often fight the high leaque ones with mostly expected results ( I don't say that that lower ranked clans can't win against higher ranked ones it just tend to happen less)

This.

Also, the ranking pretty much changes daily. WG could actually just come up with a score board, ranking clans by position (points) in their respective league.

[POP]
Players
448 posts
9,640 battles

Is there some way to get out all of the battles fought by all clans? We could try to construct some kind of ELO-rating of clans or use more sophisticated pairwise ranking system.

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
17 minutes ago, Altsak said:

Is there some way to get out all of the battles fought by all clans? We could try to construct some kind of ELO-rating of clans or use more sophisticated pairwise ranking system.

well from what i saw this CB has a bastardized version of elo rating. when you are against teams with higher standing than yours you get more points on win, and lose less points on loss. if you are against teams with lower standing than yours you gain less points on win and lose more points on loss.

so this ranking system we have now is correct more or less.

Players
502 posts
12,540 battles
2 hours ago, _Kettenbeisser said:

I agree with this, too.

If another rating was needed apart from the points in league, I think it should value the fact that all members of clans can get to play Clan Battles fairly often.

For exemple, I would rate the number of clan members  getting their Clan Battle missions done. That would be the real indication of the most awesome clan.

[GOLD]
Players
23 posts
14,254 battles

These calculations are not perfect at all. And I do agree that clans waiting, will have an easier way up the system = better ratings.

Will do some headscratching and see if I can tune the algorithm some. Im not completely happy with it...

Players
986 posts
5,083 battles
6 minutes ago, FloppyCopy said:

These calculations are not perfect at all. And I do agree that clans waiting, will have an easier way up the system = better ratings.

Will do some headscratching and see if I can tune the algorithm some. Im not completely happy with it...

Thank you foryour efforts. 

Players
299 posts
19,093 battles

Listen. Clan rating in the game is based on Elo-system so it should be the real and most accurate clan rating. Dont know why are you trying to re-invent the wheel....

The system already exists, there is no need to re-invent the wheel.

[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
2 hours ago, FloppyCopy said:

But why, theres a ranking system already, with data off the game itself, why are you making stuff up?