You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
darkstar73

USS Salem TX Us Cruiser is on it´s way

75 comments in this topic

[KUMA]
Beta Tester
289 posts
9,319 battles

A premium DM? I dread to think what ‘unique characteristic’ they’re gonna put on this one...

Also why the hell did they go with this approach for Salem but slap Musashi around with the nerf bat to squeeze it into a lower tier?

• Cool 2

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
5 minutes ago, Kittykami said:

A premium DM? I dread to think what ‘unique characteristic’ they’re gonna put on this one...

Also why the hell did they go with this approach for Salem but slap Musashi around with the nerf bat to squeeze it into a lower tier?

Maybe because USS Salem is supposed to be a tier X reward ship (e.g. for CW) and the Musashi is supposed to be (but not confirmed as) tier IX free exp premium ship?

[BLITZ]
Players
2,637 posts
9,884 battles
18 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

Maybe because USS Salem is supposed to be a tier X reward ship (e.g. for CW)

Meh, I'd still prefer Stalingrad.

But you're right, since she's tier ten she must be some kind of reward.

[SKRUB]
Players
204 posts
15,494 battles
23 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Meh, I'd still prefer Stalingrad.

But you're right, since she's tier ten she must be some kind of reward.

After T7 ranked is WG try to do the same with T10 team rank battle ?

Because i am kind worried, to see a ship than only a few player will have a chance to touch it at the end.

Not said Stalingrad will be bias, because russian, but when you look at conquerorgate and the need more data to balance this ship... Yeah...

[BLITZ]
Players
2,637 posts
9,884 battles
4 minutes ago, Lebedjev said:

After T7 ranked is WG try to do the same with T10 team rank battle ?

Because i am kind worried, to see a ship than only a few player will have a chance to touch it at the end.

Not said Stalingrad will be bias, because russian, but when you look at conquerorgate and we need more data to balance this ship... Yeah...

Are you talking about Black?

[SKRUB]
Players
204 posts
15,494 battles
Just now, SeeteufeI said:

Are you talking about Black?

Yeah that one too... é.è

T1 is really the more balanced tier after all. :=

[DAVY]
Players
396 posts
5,641 battles

Wouldn't it be the first reward/premium t10? Is this not something to do with the USN CL/CA split?

[BLITZ]
Players
2,637 posts
9,884 battles
2 minutes ago, Thracen said:

Wouldn't it be the first reward/premium t10? Is this not something to do with the USN CL/CA split?

Salem has nothing to do with the split.

Players
910 posts
11,126 battles

Ooor... and it's just a wild idea, but maybe, just maaybe, a reward ship is "reward enough" of a vanity item if it's "just" another tech tree ship with an easily distinguishable premium camo and name without the need of even more stupid sh*t.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
8,356 posts
10,828 battles

Perhaps a testbed for a different AA mechanic/redesign.

Afaik WG has been hinting at reworking the AA mechanics.

Players
4,295 posts
11,813 battles

Not getting too excited yet. I'm a bit worried this is another floating citadel with glacial speed shells for which you have to make an appointment to hit in the third match after the current one and which has monstrous AA together with a CV repellent (every point added to your AA value halves the chance of getting into an actual CV match).

However: it is looking stunning for me!

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
2,068 posts
13,234 battles
42 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

Not getting too excited yet. I'm a bit worried this is another floating citadel with glacial speed shells for which you have to make an appointment to hit in the third match after the current one and which has monstrous AA together with a CV repellent (every point added to your AA value halves the chance of getting into an actual CV match).

However: it is looking stunning for me!

Not at all how I feel about my DM :)

Looking forward to see what WG come up with for this ship.

• Cool 3

[CAIN]
Players
2,792 posts
11,013 battles

WG better not make this a CW reward ship only a few players will be able to obtain. 

I'm all for CW rewards, but i rather have special camos or flags with bonuses than ships.

In the meantime, while we wait for more info, i'll ready the pitchforks and light the bonfires, cause WG tends to do stupid $hit sometimes and i want to be prepared if they make the re7ardedly stupid decision to hide this beauty behind a grind-wall.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
1,623 posts
13,723 battles
Just now, Jethro_Grey said:

WG better not make this a CW reward ship only a few players will be able to obtain. 

I'm all for CW rewards, but i rather have special camos or flags with bonuses than ships.

In the meantime, while we wait for more info, i'll ready the pitchforks and light the bonfires, cause WG tends to do stupid $hit sometimes and i want to be prepared if they make the re7ardedly stupid decision to hide this beauty behind a grind-wall.

Yeah. Hope its something most can get. Not just the 0.01 % of hardcore tryhards. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[HAIFU]
Players
490 posts
4,249 battles
3 hours ago, Aotearas said:

Perhaps a testbed for a different AA mechanic/redesign.

Afaik WG has been hinting at reworking the AA mechanics.

I hadn't heard that, it will be interesting to see what they cook up.

Players
1,130 posts
2,359 battles
3 hours ago, AkosJaccik said:

Ooor... and it's just a wild idea, but maybe, just maaybe, a reward ship is "reward enough" of a vanity item if it's "just" another tech tree ship with an easily distinguishable premium camo and name without the need of even more stupid sh*t.

Not only that, it would also be a good way of increasing the variety of T10 ships in Clan Wars by giving people access to T10s via reward ships rather than having to grind the entire lines. Offering clones of most of the T10s as various rewards would allow players to get a good selection of CW capable ships without having to grind through pretty much every single ship in the game.

Plus, completely tying the ships together balance-wise keeps things very simple as there's no rebalancing to be done - if the DM class is balanced then an identical USS Salem will also be balanced. No OP premium or reward ships, just gameplay clones with alternative camos.

• Cool 1

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,118 posts
10,558 battles
4 hours ago, tomtomtom_2016 said:

according to dailybounce, current stats is showing its another DM (in terms of performance)

maybe something they can do on consumables?

Why should they a prem Dm would prit money as much if not better than a Missouri and not everone likes BB gameplay so even if there would be 0 difference everyone that can would get it....

[HAMI]
[HAMI]
Players
53 posts
8,273 battles

Well, im much more interested in the Stalingrad... I hope my clan and me will get the flag at least in this first season. But if Salem becomes a CW reward, which you will get after like 2 more CW seasons after you got Stalingrad, she has to be better than Stalingrad, right?

Players
4,295 posts
11,813 battles
5 hours ago, 159Hunter said:

Not at all how I feel about my DM :)

Looking forward to see what WG come up with for this ship.

Granted. I'm highly biased. Still undergoing heavy psychiatric PTSS treatment with electroshock therapy after my Lepramore horror. That piece of ship was the most godaweful experience I had in wows. It took me over a year to get to DM. I know it's me and not the ship but in mu case I couldn't handle a citadel the size of 9 squares around me on the minimap. No matter how I angled, dodged, stay on the 3rd line, hide behind islands or sailing into the islands I cried my eyes out of tears if a salvo was only 95% shooting me. I literally lost my way to Des Moines. Stay back, do nothing until the very end of the match and tried to hit something to get my 5000 dmg. Heck I even ran in panic when a DD was rushing me. Baltiless for me ALMOST make RN cruisers look good. Only tried 13 matches in DM so far. Yes my stats are "meh" (WR of unicum doesn't say anything with that low of a number) but I'd be in the extreme high purple if there'd be a special "Ferry" standard for that ship. I highly liked the US cruiserline uptill New Orleans. Yes my Cleveland stats suck too but that was in the "beginning of my career." So with this background I'm simply putting out my POV of not getting too excited about new USN cruisers. I shunned Indianapolis like the plague for the same reason. Being a wallet player, granted, I'm not willing to be set back almost €30 to be a XP pinata and getting oneshot over and over by any ship that's looking funny at me. As a matter of fact I'm in high doubt if I'll ever grind the upcoming split.

Edit: and before you start: "Ferry, angle properly and you can even bounce Yamato shells." Please: not in my US cruisers. All shots go smoothly into my citadel. Regardless of what angle whatsoever. The same goes for "shoot behind islands, the shell can be lobbed over it easily!" Not on my maps. My islands are 0.000000001 microns to high to shoot over it. "Shoot AP on close distance. it's so powerful!!!" Again: my RN cruisers don't survive the trip getting close to an enemy and if by some biblical miracle it does, it'll shatter, overpen or bounce. "use your radar and chase DD's!" Same un-survivable trip to those DD's and the shatter/ bounce/ miss problem. OK Ferry, spec it AA. You'll do fine with a CV match... eeer yeah? What CV are your talking about? Every point upwards in AA rating means -50% chance of facing a CV.... No. I highly like the US DD and BB lines. But the cruisers? The only thing that's going above the RN boats is the ability to load HE. Otherwise for me the USN cruiser line is for me the worst in this game. At least with HE I manage to deal damage in 1 out of 100 shots.

• Cool 1

[BOTS]
Beta Tester
207 posts
7,453 battles

I just don't see the point of this ship right now :cap_look: have to wait and see how they go about making it different.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,184 posts
15,024 battles

They should have just left her as a tier IV cruiser.

:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 4

Players
1,952 posts
12,271 battles
6 hours ago, Centurion_1711 said:

I hadn't heard that, it will be interesting to see what they cook up.

Could be pulling a Kamikaze R / Fujin stunt - DM aa too OP, so lets make a premium DM before we nerf the original into oblivion....

Tying their stats to the original as "copy" ships (not premiums with premium rewards) would make sense for CW, alternatively make them only usable in CW.

Unfortunately the track record of WGs balance vodka department so far gives me a sinking feeling in my tummy.

Someting like a Black 2.0 DM with hydro, DF and radar in different slots and gearing torpedoes and likely a smaller citdadel, available only as a clan reward ship