You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.
MrConway

Weekly Warships Stream - Q&A Questions

23 comments in this topic

MrConway   

Captains,

With all the recent news I have noticed a lot of questions that I simply cannot answer myself - so I have asked for help! :Smile_smile:

Both @Sub_Octavian and @Lordofdroid will be joining me for an hour of Q&A during our weekly Warships stream, please ask us questions!

Tune in live on Twitch from 18:00 CET!

The topics we would like to cover are:

• US CV re-balance
  • US Cruiser split

Disclaimers:

• While we will try to, we cannot promise to answer every single question asked
  • This thread will be active only until 07/11 at 10:00 CET to ensure we have the time to find answers to questions and prepare if needed
    • You can always ask more questions or follow-up questions during the stream.

To make my life a little easier, please try to clearly indicate what your question is and keep it to one or two sentences per question, bullet points are your friends!

I hope to see many of you around for the stream, stick around until after the Q&A to watch @Crysantos carry me in randoms! :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 4

Will the IJN CVs be changed at the same time or only US-CVs?

And will we ever get a CV economy buff?

Spoiler

You may think a match like this:
b243c716f8.png

with 09bc11a675.png and over 2k base exp 94c4a2b940.png + a lot of spotting is good?

Well, sorry, but the game doesn't think so:

dd41c09124.png

Takru   

(US) Carriers
Are there any more changes planned regarding CVs in the immediate future?
Are there changes planned that affect CVs, i.e. AA on other ships, spotting distances...?
Will there be more QoL improvements, such as telling distances between planes and hostile ships, an indication of enemy AA ranges... ?

Will AP bombs become more reliable in dealing damage? If not, will there be some kind of indication against which targets / sections of a target they are actually useful?

Why does WG plan to buff Defensive AA on destroyers? I'd assume that the issue is with DDs who do not have Defensive AA to begin with.

Jvd2000   

Regarding US cruiser split:

1. Why downtier the US CA cruisers after all the recent buffs? WoW still regards them as UP and unfit for their current tier?

2. Will NO keep its radar and Balti its heal? 

3. What about splitting the US cruiser line after tier VI, replacing Cleveland by the new Dallas as tier VI and then keeping the CA line as “it is” adding the CL as planned?

4. Will you also take into account the position of the 3 US premium cruisers (esp. Indianapolis) if you downtier 3 us CA’s.

With the previous removal of stealth fire and the removal of stealth AA in 0.6.13 is there any chance there will be a removal of stealth radar in the future?

Stealth fire and AA have been removed due to the inability of a opponent to counter or avoid them. The same problem exists for ships, although mostly DDs, when trying to counter shipa with radar ranges that extend beyond their own detection ranges.

• Cool 1

Are the high-tier maps going to be reworked earlier to be able to make usage of the US high shell arcs or will the new US cruisers just be additionally XP pinatas for BBs ?

1. Is anything major coming in 0.6.13? (PanAsia destroyers? Final Frontier operation? etc)
  2. How are you going to balance USS Helena for tier 7 and Pensacola for tier 6?
  3. Bougainville HE alpha is increasing from 1000 to 1400 in 0.6.13. Will Agile's HE alpha be corrected to 2000 too? (small hint to fix Agile HE shell values, which were originally taken from Bougainville)

Yurra   

What's the status of PA DDs?

Why do you have to force gimmicks on us such as radar DDs, functionally permanent smokescreens and deepwater torps?

Are FR BBs still planned to be released after PA DDs or was priority given to US CLs? (considering we still haven't been given an FR BB tree preview)

Why so many sistership premiums all of a sudden?

Risalan   

on 19 september 2016 Sub octavian said:

2. Detonation is basically a crit for the magazine, but its effect is big kaboom instead of breaking a module. There's basic explosion %chance, which increases along with damage the magazine has taken. Mathematically, JC signal reduces the chance to 0, without any way to influence it. Magazine mod.1 is chance x 0.3. "Offensive" signals also multilpy, but as I said, Juliet Charlie has absolute effect that cannot be overruled.

Is this today still true?

0 detonation chance with JC mounted?

3 hours ago, MrConway said:

The topics we would like to cover are:

Is there a chance that we will get a fix for massive AP dmg from BB to DD in this patch? Or is it "working as intended" and RPS rule don't work on BBs, because they beat all?

1 minute ago, lobuzjeden said:

Is there a chance that we will get a fix for massive AP dmg from BB to DD in this patch? Or is it "working as intended" and RPS rule don't work on BBs, because they beat all?

A patch will come, when AP damage on DDs will be fixed, when BBs will be indirectly nerfed and DDs can be overconfident again, but it is not this patch!

To be serious again: Sub_Octavian said that AP damage is sometimes bugged and they are working hard to fix these problems. So no, not working as intended. But as this mechanic is deep in the game and needs much testing to not mess it up any further, it will take a while before we will see the results.

• Cool 2

Not strictly on the agenda but:

Every T10 DD has an additional consumable option beyond the normal speed boost and smoke. Depending upon nation, this is either DFAA, Hydro, or heal. It is rumoured that the new high tier Pan-Asian DDs will be getting short duration radar. The only T10 DD without an additional consumable option is the IJN Shima. Any plans to give it an extra consumable option?

• Cool 1

LilJumpa   
3 hours ago, 373_Runequest said:

Not strictly on the agenda but:

Every T10 DD has an additional consumable option beyond the normal speed boost and smoke. Depending upon nation, this is either DFAA, Hydro, or heal. It is rumoured that the new high tier Pan-Asian DDs will be getting short duration radar. The only T10 DD without an additional consumable option is the IJN Shima. Any plans to give it an extra consumable option?

I like the question albeit I think I already know the answer they will give.

IJN DDs have the torp reload on the Kagero and Yugumo and giving that to the Shima would boost her too much. (30 Torps in a short timespan are pretty powerfull) 

Shima consumable choice does not have to be the standard TRB or it could be something else, e.g. an improved speed boost like the french cruisers so I can outrun even russian DDs or short duration stealth boost, or a modified TRB with say a 30 sec reload rather than the standard 5 seconds / or just reloads 1 set of tubes, or anythingelse they dream up. Just seems odd that the Shima is getting ignored

CNW   

Repost from Reddit, doing mostly cut&paste, so sorry if some of those questions have been asked before. Also, the green text are my thoughts / elaborations on the questions. Address them or ignore them, your pick.

• USN cruiser split - when will it happen, at least a ballpark figure (i.e. half a year from now etc)
  • Was the downtiering of all the CAs bar the Des Moines really necessary? Pensa was bound to happen, but the NO and Baltimore fit rather well now (even at the cost of rather drastic fire rate buffs).. The easy choice here would be to drop Pensa to T6, introduce the Northampton or Portland to T7..
  • What is the rationale behind the proposed T9 CA? I can't say I'm a fan of the design.. 12×203mm guns at T9, torpedoes on an USN CA? Better keep this one either as alternate T10 alongside Des Moines, or use it as a Missouri-like freexp premium.
  • Are there any plans for another USN CA premium apart from the Salem? Wichita could be a passable T8, Houston could be outfitted at T6 as a stock Northampton..
  • regarding the Kirov buff in 0.6.13 - isn't it reaching too far, buffing both reload and shell velocity? And where does that leave the Molotov? IMO both buffs at once are a tad too much - buff the shell velocity, but keep the current reload.. When you can have that sort of gun performance on a Kirov, there's not much of a point to the Molotov, which has to face worse MM

MrConway   

Thanks to everyone who showed up for the stream last night!

As promised, here is the list of pumpkin winners. As the bonus codes were about to expire we credited them to everyone's account directly to make sure they don't expire prior to use.

Spoiler

Vogel
Chris_0287
Coldini
Konuskopf
Dequator80
battle_ensign
Wer_gunner_1
Niibler
Yanille
M1Abrams
Fimbuldk
O_M_E_R_T_U_S
CaptainAlistair
Jeffeplekjekk
lockenpower
reuma_1
ChaosDeath131
MixtUp
Tugnut
gm3ntor
Romulus_87
Pandan16
MBARTISIUS
voodoofairy
GD_Skittz
orlathebeast
Diminios
Battledrunk
jaybee_
Acekija
WGbest
BlackPearl112
gau2git3zi1sam1lau4bei6
HexOmega
Solinari
bohnicsekszabolcs
nuke_man
Admiral_R4z3r
Grimlock_
CJ_Largo
Yerez
casual_scrub
skipmin
stuart65
Juraaa
Neboja
IJN_Amagi
firsttrain2
ShiNoRizumu
EyeOfMS

@MrFingers has done a great job of transcribing the answers we gave on stream and has posted them to Reddit here.

In addition you can of course watch the VoD of yesterday's stream on Twitch.

If you have any unanswered questions we apologize, there were a lot and we couldn't answer all of them. All is however not lost, as @Sub_Octavian is still running his Reddit Q&A, so you can head there and ask or simply post a reply here.

If I knew it would have dragged on for half an hour longer than expected (I assumed 1hr questions, 1hr gameplay), I would have brewed a bigger kettle of tea :Smile_teethhappy:

Sometimes the stream was hard to understand (having to rewind some passages 10 times before I fully understood the question, let alone the answer), but I think that what I wrote down is for 99% correct of what is being said. Kudos as well for asking some more difficult/"annoying" questions, it's been different in the past. This "le nouveau WG-EU" and new way of clarity sure benefits all of us. 

@MrConway , the correct link for the writedown is this, you've linked to the Sub_Octavian reddit Q&A

Nechrom   
4 minutes ago, MrFingers said:

If I knew it would have dragged on for half an hour longer than expected (I assumed 1hr questions, 1hr gameplay), I would have brewed a bigger kettle of tea :Smile_teethhappy:

Sometimes the stream was hard to understand (having to rewind some passages 10 times before I fully understood the question, let alone the answer), but I think that what I wrote down is for 99% correct of what is being said. Kudos as well for asking some more difficult/"annoying" questions, it's been different in the past. This "le nouveau WG-EU" and new way of clarity sure benefits all of us.

Wait. How long have you been un-banned? :cap_wander:

MrConway   
1 hour ago, MrFingers said:

@MrConway , the correct link for the writedown is this, you've linked to the Sub_Octavian reddit Q&A

Dang nabbit, too many windows open, link fixed!

1 hour ago, Nechrom said:

Wait. How long have you been un-banned? :cap_wander:

For about an hour :cap_wander:

Mymeara   
1 hour ago, MrConway said:

If you have any unanswered questions we apologize, there were a lot and we couldn't answer all of them. All is however not lost, as @Sub_Octavian is still running his Reddit Q&A, so you can head there and ask or simply post a reply here.

I suppose I should ask here as you do your level best to skirt around this question every time this is asked.

with the constant aim to make US carriers more dive bomber heavy why wont you allow US carrier players to change their  dive bomber loadouts mid game in the same way DD,CC and BB can switch between HE and AP shells?

taking AP bombs only really make you useful against battleships (and it often seems like only german battleships at that). by giving US carrier dive bombers that ordinance versatility you can reduce their T-Bomber effectiveness to maintain a bigger difference between the 2 nations

and a additional question

if as you say the Carrier revamp is a still long way off will we see a 3rd carrier line or a carrier line split before the revamp arrives?

since leaving the beta we have had:-

2 Battleship lines (with another on the way)

4 Cruiser lines (and one split on the way)

2 Destroyer lines (3 if you combine the two line splits and another full line on the way)

Carriers have not had a single new silver line addition since the IJN-CV/USN-BB update towards the end of the closed Beta

MrConway   
7 minutes ago, Mymeara said:

I suppose I should ask here as you do your level best to skirt around this question every time this is asked.

with the constant aim to make US carriers more dive bomber heavy why wont you allow US carrier players to change their  dive bomber loadouts mid game in the same way DD,CC and BB can switch between HE and AP shells?

taking AP bombs only really make you useful against battleships (and it often seems like only german battleships at that). by giving US carrier dive bombers that ordinance versatility you can reduce their T-Bomber effectiveness to maintain a bigger difference between the 2 nations

This is something we might consider in future but right now we see it similarly to other ships having to pick their consumables prior to battle even if they don't know what enemies they will be facing.

7 minutes ago, Mymeara said:

and a additional question

if as you say the Carrier revamp is a still long way off will we see a 3rd carrier line or a carrier line split before the revamp arrives?

since leaving the beta we have had:-

2 Battleship lines

4 Cruiser lines (and one split on the way)

2 Destroyer lines (3 if you combine the two line splits)

Carriers have not had a single new silver line addition since the IJN-CV/USN-BB update towards the end of the closed Beta

As we see the carriers as being problematic at the moment, introducing a new tree probably won't happen until we have completed the CV rework.

• Cool 1