Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
it3llig3nc3

Project VALOR territory limit - why EU can't help saving USS Texas?

22 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
653 posts
7,016 battles

Dear WG,

 

Just a simple question: when it is said that  you are an international company, why on Earth it is not possible for the EU players to participate in such a great charity event?????

 

Save USS Texas with Project VALOR: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/dont-mess-with-uss/

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
6,901 posts
7 minutes ago, SmartassNoob said:

I've read that they'll soon™ extend it to Europe.

 

November 9th, to be exact.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
653 posts
7,016 battles

BTW: I have nothing against having EU charities as well, the main point is that server clusters should not limit player participation.

 

funny isn't it, that our game WoWs is powered by an engine called "BigWorld" and yet in many cases we are locked down in our small "continent" clusters... :-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
2,286 posts
9,908 battles

USA spends 597 BILLION (insert Dr.Evil meme here) of dollars on their military but a charity is needed to preserve a historical ship?

  • Cool 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[PMI]
Players
2,564 posts
6,009 battles
1 hour ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

BTW: I have nothing against having EU charities as well, the main point is that server clusters should not limit player participation.

 

funny isn't it, that our game WoWs is powered by an engine called "BigWorld" and yet in many cases we are locked down in our small "continent" clusters... :-)

 

 

We are only getting it because someone caused a bit of a ruckus, this was not intended for europe, we are spoiled enough.

DG is as obtuse as it can be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
3,306 posts
12,492 battles
55 minutes ago, Troublemaker_CRO said:

USA spends 597 BILLION (insert Dr.Evil meme here) of dollars on their military but a charity is needed to preserve a historical ship?

 

That budget is reserved for things that can kill folks and destroy stuff.

Olden and phased out boats and planes are not able to do either, so they have to live off charity. Like their veterans.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
226 posts
7,941 battles
1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

 

That budget is reserved for things that can kill folks and destroy stuff.

Olden and phased out boats and planes are not able to do either, so they have to live off charity. Like their veterans.

Touche !

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
653 posts
7,016 battles

Could you please not divert the topic from its original intent - to draw attention to a WoWs US event that deserves to be international in my opinion.

The direction of who needs what kind of charity or donation as source of funds is an entirely different and very sensitive subject.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
33 minutes ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

Could you please not divert the topic from its original intent - to draw attention to a WoWs US event that deserves to be international in my opinion.

The direction of who needs what kind of charity or donation as source of funds is an entirely different and very sensitive subject.

Then this topic should be closed, because it's not relevant anymore.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
653 posts
7,016 battles
22 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

Then this topic should be closed, because it's not relevant anymore.

 

I guess you wanted to say that this topic can be closed SOON(TM) - we yet to see if the EU participation gets real or not? :-)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
6,901 posts
19 minutes ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

 

I guess you wanted to say that this topic can be closed SOON(TM) - we yet to see if the EU participation gets real or not? :-)

 

 

It will, in 3 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[DMOK]
Players
506 posts
23,453 battles

Till the day the Aliens hit our waters emp fry all the fancy hightech ships .Then they cry for the old Analog Battle harden Monsters .Oh crap we already had a movie about it .:Smile-_tongue:

You dont sink a Battleship....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLITZ]
Players
2,779 posts
10,269 battles
49 minutes ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

I guess you wanted to say that this topic can be closed SOON(TM) - we yet to see if the EU participation gets real or not? :-)

I wanted to say what I said. :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,857 posts
17,277 battles
52 minutes ago, it3llig3nc3 said:

 

I guess you wanted to say that this topic can be closed SOON(TM) - we yet to see if the EU participation gets real or not? :-)

 

 

 

This has all been resolved. Post number 9 from MrConway confirming we will get it Thursday .

 

Also To those detracting USA and maintaining old ships.. There are over 140 Museum Warships/Boats in USA.

Including 

3 Aircraft carriers

7 battleships

3 Cruisers

11 DD and DD escorts.

 

Go read Wiki English about USS Texas.. They have done quite a lot to try and Preserve her. And there is a project to dry berth her but that has not started yet

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
357 posts
3,361 battles
5 hours ago, Troublemaker_CRO said:

USA spends 597 BILLION (insert Dr.Evil meme here) of dollars on their military but a charity is needed to preserve a historical ship?

 

u are rly wondering that america is not capable to keep museums going (who has nothing to do with god and christianity) ? xD or texas ?

I would trust a 5 year old more xD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,568 battles
9 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

 

PS, Why on earth it is not in the game, I wonder?:cap_old:

 

Because game mechanics (especially anachronistic carriers and their planes) and premiums pricing very strongly favor post-washington ships. WWI era ships need to get fictional refits and predreadnought era ships have been basically first ignored and are now actively pushed borderline out of game by MM changes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
2,933 posts
17,514 battles

Yeah @Vanhal, very unfortunate. WG may have indeed sadly blundered there by adopting too narrow scope...:Smile_sad: I mean by including all those they could have easily added some 5-7 tiers more to the game giving it more depth and variety and creating much Increased Interest for all of us. :cap_money:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
204 posts
183 battles

*Thread closed since question was answered to OP. Please try not to derail Topics with Off Topic conversations. 

 

17 hours ago, T0byJug said:

This has all been resolved. Post number 9 from MrConway confirming we will get it Thursday .

 

Thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×