Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Boris_MNE

Some questions about USN CV rework

7 comments in this topic

Players
1,563 posts
10,182 battles

Ola guys.

We waited long time for CV rework.... and I am not even sure what to think about it.

1) USN CVs - do not have freedom anymore to choose AS or Strike build, while IJN still have option between well balanced and AS build?

2) Ranger and Lexington limited to 1 fighter squadron?
3) Midway exchanging T10 torpedo squadron for 2 T8 torpedo squadrons?

Most of these changes, I feel like limitations to players, not like reworking and making IJN more competitive.

I wonder if I am only one who feels like this?

AP Bombs - if they work like Enterprise ones, trust me, you will not want them, I will take any time, strong Midway DBs overall good for every situation, against very specific AP DBs, who works mostly on German bbs.

And I really wonder, why it have to be GIMMICK of every carrier to have +2 or -2 tier planes compared to carrier tier.

And, I really hope, that they will not introduce one more sucky  torpedo pattern... what I will be forced to play .....

So, anyone is taking these changes no so bright, as I do?

Players
1,563 posts
10,182 battles
Just now, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

ranger never need as build is for noobs , 1/1/1 still best :)

Still I have managed to make good damage with dive bombers and 2 squadrons of fighters protecting friends over map...

Btw whats your opinon on overall changes?
I know you are good at carriers, so... do you think t8 torp  planes are going to get devastated so easly on t10 mm?

I am asking because I know what happens if you make wrong pathing even with t10 torps...

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts
2 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

I am asking because I know what happens if you make wrong pathing even with t10 torps...

if look in my way indi / ranger / essex can do good with it , lexi , can strugle , as for midway , so they give back 2x tb as was from alpha ,,,, one shot bbs coming :Smile_facepalm: i gues it will be time to play again t10:Smile_teethhappy: untill bb babies says midway op again lolz

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,049 posts
15,721 battles
16 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

AP Bombs - if they work like Enterprise ones, trust me, you will not want them, I will take any time, strong Midway DBs overall good for every situation, against very specific AP DBs, who works mostly on German bbs.

If they use the AP bombs they've previously teased they should be a lot more effective as they have both far higher alpha strike and penetration power, therefore should be effective against all BBs.

To put things into perspective 2 AP DB squads from Midway will have a theoretical alpha strike of 141400 damage.

T8 TBs at T10 might be pushing it even if they're effectively T9 thanks to the upgrade, but then again with AP bombs in place I'd reckon you'll use these to hunt down DDs most of the time anyway. Even Enterprise can do that fairly reliably in a T10 match.

Players
1,563 posts
10,182 battles
10 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

If they use the AP bombs they've previously teased they should be a lot more effective as they have both far higher alpha strike and penetration power, therefore should be effective against all BBs.

To put things into perspective 2 AP DB squads from Midway will have a theoretical alpha strike of 141400 damage.

T8 TBs at T10 might be pushing it even if they're effectively T9 thanks to the upgrade, but then again with AP bombs in place I'd reckon you'll use these to hunt down DDs most of the time anyway. Even Enterprise can do that fairly reliably in a T10 match.

Damage is fine but is that to every BB class?

Also yes, they keep saying one thing but do another, GZ was not good because TB were too good vs DDs, now they are literary forcing you to hunt DDs with TBs.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,049 posts
15,721 battles
5 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Damage is fine but is that to every BB class?

I would think so since they have a lot better pen. But even if not, I believe you'll get as much damage as on a good HE bomb drop at least even without citadels, but you'll be able to do so far more reliably since with the AP bomb drop reticle (which should hopefully be the same as the one on Enterprise) you'll be able to get all bombs to connect instead of having to pray to RNGesus every time you attack something.

4 minutes ago, Boris_MNE said:

Also yes, they keep saying one thing but do another, GZ was not good because TB were too good vs DDs, now they are literary forcing you to hunt DDs with TBs.

Honestly GZ was such a disaster I reckon they simply grabbed onto whatever excuse they could find first.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this