You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
_Xaero_

Stuck on a 54% winrate

69 comments in this topic

Players
137 posts
6,579 battles

I seem to be forever stuck on a 54% winrate

I certainly don't consider myself a pro player, but I like to think of myself as certainly above average. I either go on huge losing streaks, or win a match and then lose a match and have the repeat for the time I play the game. Is divisions the only real way to get a higher victory rate for random battles? Or maybe i'm just a potato :Smile-_tongue:

Players
4,544 posts
8,228 battles
2 minutes ago, _Xaero_ said:

but I like to think of myself as certainly above average

I think you are. Thats basicly what 54% says. Also, recently the stats are pointing upwards. Solo last 692 games - 58,53% - Id say thats pretty good. What would be your target? Dont think you can get much higher in solo, even if playing with your favourite ship.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,132 battles

I know how you feel man. :Smile_teethhappy:

With 54% solo you ARE indeed a well above average player.

Yes you can do better than that without divs but you almost have to be exceptionaly good at this point to get much better.

• Cool 1

Players
122 posts
7,558 battles

well, its a team effort, winning. one man can't carry the whole team. personaly, i followed the advice i saw here in the forum, stop worry about winrate and enjoy the game. 

Beta Tester
2,058 posts
9,437 battles
12 minutes ago, _Xaero_ said:

I certainly don't consider myself a pro player, but I like to think of myself as certainly above average. I either go on huge losing streaks, or win a match and then lose a match and have the repeat for the time I play the game. Is divisions the only real way to get a higher victory rate for random battles? Or maybe i'm just a potato :Smile-_tongue:

Play toxic and the winrate will rise.

Players
137 posts
6,579 battles

Thanks for the feedback :Smile_Default:

Sometimes feels like a chore, knowing unless I give it my absolute all and sweat it out then i'm probably going to the lose the game, not that i'm the only player that's good in games mind you, just wish I was on the winning team for once.

It's been forever since i've gone on a winning streak :Smile_sad:

[H_FAN]
Players
2,251 posts
31,396 battles
6 minutes ago, _Xaero_ said:

Thanks for the feedback :Smile_Default:

Sometimes feels like a chore, knowing unless I give it my absolute all and sweat it out then i'm probably going to the lose the game, not that i'm the only player that's good in games mind you, just wish I was on the winning team for once.

It's been forever since i've gone on a winning streak :Smile_sad:

One thing is that you will probably play more and more on higher tiers and that is when you start feeling you are stuck, you start the higher tiers with stock ships and less good captains that will make you stuck, you get probably better in low/mid tier but that only compensates your high tier play I have had around 55 % for ages. But it is that effect for me at least. So do not get fooled by staying at the same level, look at different ships instead.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles
1 hour ago, _Xaero_ said:

I believe it's commonly accepted that 65% is about the maximum (ergo the crème de lá crème of players) sustainable winrate playing solo (you can't carry every match after all).

Divisions have a higher sustainable winrate (if we're assuming competent players divisioning up), mostly because it automatically means two less slots for potential potatoes on your team that are instead occupied by competent players AND the additional benefits of coordinated teamwork. Even with divisions however you can't carry every game (weekends bruh).

[DMOK]
Players
506 posts
23,453 battles

If you wanna increase your win rate just Play 3-6 games a day and win them .

One Person can carry a match .

shot-17_08.23_18_28.07-0193.thumb.jpg.9e03a54d664e53f6bcdcddedda8cf8c0.jpg

I got more Screens where one Person sunk 4-5 ships and is by far Nr1 in match .

I personaly Play a lot .Sometimes at one day more matches as other have at one ship . like i saw some People bragging about thie rnice stats with a Mino  ect. with 40 matches . Damm one Sat 58 matche 38 Wins 20 lost . If i remember correct .

And Xaero look your ships up and play those more you got low stats in. To push the Overall ballance . If you fancy a higher WR Rating .

[NWP]
Players
6,566 posts
7,484 battles
3 minutes ago, Drake847 said:

If you wanna increase your win rate just Play 3-6 games a day and win them .

Sure one person can carry a match, but they cant do it every match. Flamu has something like  close to 65% Solo i think. More is most likely impossible to sustain over a large amount of matches.

Unfurtunately, sinking ships doesnt necessarily result in wins.

If your team doesnt do anything, u cant win it, in this match i went brawling against their Bismarck who is number 1 on XP but he wasnt very good either, otherwise i would have been dead.

Works otherway around too, 2nd screen, i was tanking all match (143k damage received) but Yamato was grabbing the kills by constantly staying several km behind me. Ive seen so many ppl camping at the back all match long and when its lost already they harvest the hard work done by others and get several kills against low health enemies...

shot-17.03.24_11.30.55-0244.jpg

shot-17.10.01_23.01.38-0898.jpg

• Cool 1

[DMOK]
Players
506 posts
23,453 battles

Your right Dfens but then they mostly are not on Nr1 place . Not kills get you there it is the % dmg done to other ships ect.

Congratz for the 7 Kill in a Fiji nice one  .

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles
27 minutes ago, Drake847 said:

shot-17_08.23_18_28.07-0193.thumb.jpg.9e03a54d664e53f6bcdcddedda8cf8c0.jpg

Unless someone can sink all twelve enemy ships consistently, no; one person can't carry a game. Even in the screenshot you provided you have at least two other cruisers who did a lot of lifting (2k base XP). If they hadn't, even getting six kills by yourself probably wouldn't have carried the game.

I've seen people getting 5 or more frags in a game and still losing because the rest of the team was either outplayed comprehensively or were simply useless potatoes.

I mean we have an entire forum thread filled with screenshots where the losing player got more base XP than the best winning player.

Sad truth is that if the stars align in the wrong order, you're not just fighting the enemy, but your own team just the same (in some cases quite literally if you got deliberate teamkillers/griefers on your side)

• Cool 2

[NWP]
Players
6,566 posts
7,484 battles
8 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Unless someone can sink all twelve enemy ships consistently, no; one person can't carry a game.

This depends ofc. Sometimes its not about killing the enemies which will win u the game, but to not get killed when your whole team was stupid and did die alltho they should have went to cover and protect a cap.

I see this as carrying a game to victory, because if u would have been equally stupid, u would have lost.

Good players making the right moves at the right time can yield u a victory. Sometimes thats enough to change the outcome.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles
33 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

This depends ofc. Sometimes its not about killing the enemies which will win u the game, but to not get killed when your whole team was stupid and did die alltho they should have went to cover and protect a cap.

I see this as carrying a game to victory, because if u would have been equally stupid, u would have lost.

Good players making the right moves at the right time can yield u a victory. Sometimes thats enough to change the outcome.

I'm not arguing against the fact that one person can tip the scales in a fight.

I'm just stating that the reverse is also true, just as much as one competent player doing the right thing increases his team's chances to win, a player doing the wrong thing decreases the chance.

Also, the enemy team might just the same have competent players.

And if the latter outnumber the former there's nothing one player can do unless they can singlehandedly defeat the entire enemy team (and the game clock). Sometimes even the best players can't carry a game. I've actually come to believe that in teambased games, it's not the team with the most competent players win, but with the least incompetent. After all competent players tend to do the right things, on both side, leading to a stand-off. And it's at that point that mistakes make the deciding opportunity that competent players can exploit and then snowball the game in their favour. The less skilled players typically make those mistakes, thus making them the single most deciding players in the game.

As they say, a chain is only as strong as the weakest link.

Then again, it might be a bit arrogant to say such, but at least that's how I'd summarize my experience (not only from videogames, also RL sports).

• Cool 2

Players
4,544 posts
8,228 battles
1 minute ago, Aotearas said:

I've actually come to believe that in teambased games, it's not the players with the most competent players win, but with the least incompetent.

This is my conclusions also. Sad but true.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles
2 minutes ago, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

none from them will raise winrate :P call papa Blogis , will help you boost

Now now Blogis, don't be so toxic to those scrubs. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 3

Alpha Tester, Players
5,335 posts
5 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Now now Blogis, don't be so toxic to those scrubs. :Smile_hiding:

ofc not :P scrubs here and there :) ao can always help club with  st lous :P

[H_FAN]
Players
2,251 posts
31,396 battles

It is a difference between carry a game after a game has been fought, often you have a few outstanding players that have performed well, most likely they will be among those who are constantly high performing. But if we watch a line up before a game even quite average players can carry a game performance wise , you have RNG with you you manage to torp a DD or so at the start. I have as an average player performed very well even at highest tiers, but it is less likely that I beforehand do it than for a better player than me.

However if I play at lower tiers in my favourite sealclubber boats Chikuma and Bogatyr it is far higher chance for me to carry a game than the other players. At T10 it is roughly the same chance that I play exceptionally well as useless. Most games tends to be in the middle. naturally you can tip the scale, let us say that you kill a DD and cap a zone early on, that can be the tip that gets the match but you fail to do much else and end somewhere in the middle. Sometimes those with many kills mop up etc. But in general the better you are the higher the chance to carry, but most players can carry games sometimes, however far fewer than the best ones in solo play which for me is the important thing. As I do not play divisions other than a handful of games I measure myself only against soloperformance. 

[QARTV]
Players
300 posts
3,401 battles
33 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Unless someone can sink all twelve enemy ships consistently, no; one person can't carry a game. Even in the screenshot you provided you have at least two other cruisers who did a lot of lifting (2k base XP). If they hadn't, even getting six kills by yourself probably wouldn't have carried the game.

I've seen people getting 5 or more frags in a game and still losing because the rest of the team was either outplayed comprehensively or were simply useless potatoes.

Could not agree more.

Shameless anecdotal evidence posting incoming:

Lost, some potato bags are just to heavy:

cantcarry2.thumb.jpg.ff7e85a9be6d028aa5647777ae9eb988.jpg

Won, no kills but teamplay stronk:

nerfsimspls.thumb.jpg.490c9c6a0003d48cb8f808a833aee485.jpg

And at last the nooblanta in a win:

Nooblanta.thumb.jpg.48a05e464f7b31f69e0335292ac00787.jpg

Simply getting kills is not always enough, supporting your teammates might at times seem like a waste of time but it can be the little help they needed to get them going and carry as much as their little potato feet can. My atlanta game would not be won if I decided to simply farm damage and kills instead of trying to support with AA (despite my efforts the enemy lex managed to do quite a bit so he was a very good player). Sims is just a polar opposite of the emile game that I could find quickly :Smile-_tongue:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles
Just now, xXx_Blogis_xXx said:

ofc not :P scrubs here and there :) ao can always help club with  st lous :P

I don't sealclub.

I provide advanced beginner crash-courses. Not my fault the students are involuntary and mostly crashing. Also, I don't club at tier III, that would be cruel. I club at tier IV to provide a counterweight to those Orions (that's my excuse for abusing my Nikolai and I'll stick with that until they nerf the RN BB HE).

[DAVY]
Players
428 posts
6,324 battles

check your ship stats, if you have ships with 60% plus winrates, play them and nothing else, easy.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,797 battles
2 minutes ago, Noobsplatter said:

Could not agree more.

Shameless anecdotal evidence posting incoming:

nerfsimspls.thumb.jpg.490c9c6a0003d48cb8f808a833aee485.jpg

Dat Fusou bruh.

• Cool 1

[WG-EU]