You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ulysses_nemo

[Phoenix] Where are the cannons ?

19 comments in this topic

Players
455 posts
9,918 battles

Phoenix stock. At first, I thought there was a bug and the cannons didn't show up. 

unknown.png

Only 3 ridiculous canons on each side on such a big ship ? Wtf ? Clemson have more with thrice the reload and it's a DD.

Probably the worse stock ship I met so far with the Fubuki and the Hatsuharu.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,085 posts
11,625 battles

I have not seen a topic on the Phoenix for at least 2 years. Kudos OP, made me all nostalgic.

[H_FAN]
Players
1,938 posts
22,432 battles

yes some of the low tier ships are awful stock but only after a few games you will have more

[W-C]
Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,287 posts
6,159 battles

Try kawachi

Players
1,648 posts
12,084 battles

Tricky. But having less guns on Phoenix' stock hull will teach you to stay at the right range, in contrast to St.Louis' "fk it, I rush right into the pit". I realized that not too long ago when grinding my NA account (US cruisers only) 

[HOME]
Players
746 posts
7,517 battles

Actually the Phoenix and any ship in this game doesnt have a single cannon...  They called guns or rifles... Not cannons.. 

Players
1,334 posts
5,325 battles

Anyone notice the poster has 4300+ games so I'm guessing he knows how the game/module/upgrades work, he's just amazed that a T4 stock hull can be so poorly armed :Smile_teethhappy:

[IRON7]
Players
153 posts
1,016 battles
1 hour ago, DJ_Die said:

Actually the Phoenix and any ship in this game doesnt have a single cannon...  They called guns or rifles... Not cannons.. 

Funny than that my IJN ships do have cannons, as part of the definition of the kanji 砲, as opposed by the kanji 銃 which means gun specifically (e.g. kikanjuu or machinegun).

he's just amazed that a T4 stock hull can be so poorly armed

Wouldn't've been the only stock hull that is/was poor. The old Fusou A hull for example... 13.5km range or something...

Modder
1,594 posts
3,422 battles

i dont remember stock phoenix having only 3 guns on each side...was that all the time like that? i must have freeexped the stock hull....indeed i havent played this ships for ages

[CAIN]
Players
2,731 posts
10,858 battles
16 minutes ago, puxflacet said:

i dont remember stock phoenix having only 3 guns on each side...was that all the time like that? i must have freeexped the stock hull....indeed i havent played this ships for ages

IIRC, yes.

I played for nearly 2k games with stock ships...before WoWS grew to me.

While i did grind the upgrades to get to the next ship ( kinda speed grinding without the fun...), i never bought or installed them on any ship up until i reached TVII ibn two lines.

Players
455 posts
9,918 battles
15 hours ago, domen3 said:

Try kawachi

I did ! Before the buff. That was my first BB. I had no idea how to play it and was unlucky with my teams. 14 games of pain.

And for the Phoenix, she even has 2 hull upgrades wtf. I got the XP for the first one after the first game but I freepexed the 2nd one directly. First time in ages I free pex a module ... I usually grind through the stock ships (with +% xp camo) to save free xp and to play it the hard way.

[HOME]
Players
746 posts
7,517 battles
16 hours ago, Nishi_Kinuyo said:

Funny than that my IJN ships do have cannons, as part of the definition of the kanji 砲, as opposed by the kanji 銃 which means gun specifically (e.g. kikanjuu or machinegun).

Wouldn't've been the only stock hull that is/was poor. The old Fusou A hull for example... 13.5km range or something...

I wasnt aware we spoke Japanese here... Besides i dont speak Jap anyway, do you?

You just dont call a ship-mounted rifled breachloader a cannon in English. Just like some people would call my semi-auto Kalashnikov an assualt rifle but its nothing of the sort, its just a semi-auto rifle...nothing more.

Players
590 posts

The Phoenix may well be underwhelming stock.

Fully upgraded it's the fox of tier 4. And the DD's are the chickens in the henhouse :)

[IRON7]
Players
153 posts
1,016 battles
4 hours ago, DJ_Die said:

I wasnt aware we spoke Japanese here... Besides i dont speak Jap anyway, do you?

You just dont call a ship-mounted rifled breachloader a cannon in English. Just like some people would call my semi-auto Kalashnikov an assualt rifle but its nothing of the sort, its just a semi-auto rifle...nothing more.

Well, you said "any ship in this game" so that by extension includes Japanese ships.

So by extension of that, the IJN ships do have cannons because that's what it should get translated to when translating to english.

Also I'd call a Kalash a Калаш. ;)

[HOME]
Players
746 posts
7,517 battles
2 hours ago, Nishi_Kinuyo said:

Well, you said "any ship in this game" so that by extension includes Japanese ships.

So by extension of that, the IJN ships do have cannons because that's what it should get translated to when translating to english.

Also I'd call a Kalash a Калаш. ;)

No, they do NOT have cannons. What they do have are rifles or guns. Thats just like when Japs designated the Mogami-class cruisers "treaty light cruisers" except they were in fact very over-weight heavy cruisers in disguise...

Its not about what you call it, its about what it really is.