Kandly

Wait! There's More!

23 comments in this topic

Players
406 posts
556 battles

Captains,

We revealed two awesome ships yesterday - but wait: today, we have two more! :cap_rambo:

Lyon

The last French superdreadnought project to be drafted before World War 1, the Lyon was supposed to sport a large battery of 340 mm guns. Her construction was stopped during the war.

938dc2f4-c0af-11e7-a5fb-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

92a49e4e-c0af-11e7-9dc6-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

Richelieu

What worked for Dunkerque will work on a bigger scale, right? Right! Richelieu with the original French design of two quad turrets forward will surely strike fear into her enemies on the seven seas.

93c55304-c0af-11e7-b961-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

930a5734-c0af-11e7-844d-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

Action Stations!

• Cool 3

[TOAST]
Players
1,990 posts
25,644 battles
1 hour ago, Kandly said:

Lyon

The last French superdreadnought project to be drafted before World War 1, the Lyon was supposed to sport a large battery of 340 mm guns. Her construction was stopped during the war.

only 1 word for this ship. WOW

Players
2,743 posts
15,593 battles
42 minutes ago, iJoby said:

only 1 word for this ship. WOW Fugly

FTFY :Smile_teethhappy:

[ST-EU]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
1,902 posts
3,681 battles

What dark magic have you infused in Lyon to make it a tier 7 instead of a 6... Does it fire lethal 2 year old Baguettes or something?

Richie looks pretty though. The massive rebuild for Lyon makes her very much fugly.

• Cool 1

Players
92 posts
6,007 battles

Nice ships, looking forward to them especially since i'm slightly hyped for the MN lines but yet more premium BBs.

Can we get some Cruisers please ? Or go crazy and a actually premium IJN DD like Shigure or Yukikaze.

• Cool 2

Players
2,997 posts
17,259 battles

Normandie will be tier 6 with on less turret.

As for Lyon, it is a reverse Colorado (few high caliber guns), many low caliber guns, as British people say: "Throw enough sh^t at the wall, some of it is gonna stick".

It looks like the illegitimate child of a Colorado and an Okty, WG drunk with Vodka confirmed ! :Smile_trollface:

Looks like secondaries will be quite powerful on this one.

For Historical accuracy, it is Normandie which building was stopped during the war, Lyon class was never laid down. The most "complete" of the Normandies was turned into the Béarn aircraft carrier. The others barely began and were scrapped.

@snakecake As for Cruisers, have you heard about the US cruiser split? Some insane ships will join the cruiser line such as the Helena, replaceing Cleveland at tier 6 with 18 freaking 152 mm guns !!!:cap_haloween:

As I was saying on French section, showing only tiers 7 and 8 as of now means only one thing, as old KGV and Nelson tests, these two will have preemtive tests to check for their overall balance. Let me epxplain my reasoning.

Lower tiers seem fine, Turenne, Courbet, Bretagne so much like other Nations, Normandie seems fine in tier 6. Aslace is like an Iowa and super Alsace will be either like a Montana or a Yamato, no surprises concerning balance there. Richelieu and Jan Bart will be the only BBs with bow on guns only at tier 8. As for Lyon, it will be the lowest caliber gun on a regular tier 7 BB and the first BB to bear 16 guns, like the reverse Colorado she is. She doesn't have torps like Scharnhorst, she has some secondaries and some armor but yet again, not as much as Scharnhorst.  So I guess Lyon and Rich will get a preliminary test phase before the rest of the line, so give it between 3 and 6 weeks more testing before the rest of the line is announced, it is only my theory. Who knows is other leaks will deny this in the next few days or not.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,650 battles
12 hours ago, Azalgor said:

We need more BB to fight the BB overpopulation!!

I mean French BBs do interest me but yeah...

WG excuse bingo lol, "We're aware of the situation" and "we need more data" come to mind. Can't think of other generic FAQ answers off the top of my head...

Players
920 posts
7,192 battles

Surely the launch of new Premium BBs won't actually increase the number of BBs in game, just make them... different BBs?

The only things which cause a complete glut of the things are:

1) The launch of a new line (people levelling)

2) Whatever Missions are on that week (i.e. the current surfeit of German destroyers)

[DREAD]
Players
5,106 posts
5,058 battles
17 hours ago, Trainspite said:

What dark magic have you infused in Lyon to make it a tier 7 instead of a 6... Does it fire lethal 2 year old Baguettes or something?

Richie looks pretty though. The massive rebuild for Lyon makes her very much fugly.

Very much this sir!

Richelieu looks very good - as expected. Looking forward!

But Lordy lord - what the [edited]are your designers smoking to come up with these fantasy refits...? All these fantasy refits look SOOOO bad - sorry! Lyon seems to be from the same team as the already terrible Kaiser... Absolutely atrocious! 

Honestly - I don't get why you keep doing this. I highly doubt anyone appreciates these fantasy refits...

• Cool 1

Players
404 posts
3,261 battles

The French like their quad (or are they 4-gun, I believe there's a difference?) turrets, don't they? I like the look of both of these, though once again I hope there are enough ships left over for an actual french BB tech tree.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,550 battles
18 hours ago, snakecake said:

Nice ships, looking forward to them especially since i'm slightly hyped for the MN lines but yet more premium BBs.

Can we get some Cruisers please ? Or go crazy and a actually premium IJN DD like Shigure or Yukikaze.

I don't think they will push out any more (proper techtree) IJN Premium DDs at this moment considering what they did to the line....(and how much they are scared of balancing them)

They did the collab Harekaze and they even gave out a (practically) free Tier VI one (Shinonome) out of pity for those still interested. :Smile_teethhappy:

On Topic: Man those are indeed fugly....

also: It's french so i don't care (for now).

So we soon have a Lion BB at Tier IX and a Lyon BB on Tier VII..... no way this can get confusing in Tier IX matches in voicechat right? ;P

[SINT]
Players
291 posts
13,496 battles

But will these ships be silver or premium? I hope that they are part of the silver French line because the number of premiums is a bit overwhelming...

[CR33D]
Players
252 posts
6,873 battles

Say what you want about Lyon but she has 16 guns. No matter the sigma values she will have some nice broadside on a poor cruiser.

Regarding the Riche I don´t get it doesn´t she have any premium camo or is it like that. I mean the camo on the Roma is just amazing.

[TTT]
Players
406 posts
9,074 battles
20 hours ago, Capt_QuoNiam_2015 said:

As for Lyon, it is a reverse Colorado (few high caliber guns), many low caliber guns, as British people say: "Throw enough sh^t at the wall, some of it is gonna stick".:Smile_trollface:

Sir, you made my day with these wise words. +1

[BGNAV]
Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
23 hours ago, Azalgor said:

We need more BB to fight the BB overpopulation!!

yes next BB line will be with gimmick AP shells with 20% or 25%Firechance (you know when metal hits metal there is a lot of sparks bla bal blaalbalalbalaaalb) and for line after that gimmick HEshells with APpen values but with litttle lower dmg like 10-11K xD xD 

Players
2,997 posts
17,259 battles
6 hours ago, Aschwell said:

Say what you want about Lyon but she has 16 guns. No matter the sigma values she will have some nice broadside on a poor cruiser.

Regarding the Riche I don´t get it doesn´t she have any premium camo or is it like that. I mean the camo on the Roma is just amazing.

Roma is premium so it gets the premoum camo by default. Richelieu will be regular, so we will see the premium 3000 gold camo later on.

As I said, I think Lyon and Richelieu will be tested firsthand to check balance and eventually tweak tiers and ships on the BBFR line like KGV and Nelson were because they seem the most tricky to balance so far in te line.

If I sum up BBFR line, T3 and 4:  dreadnaughts. T5, classical superdreadnaught, copy paste of Iron Duke with more secondaries 13 per side!!!), tier 6 special superdreadnaught with 12 guns in three quad turrets. Tier 9, Iowa or super Richelieu style, but nevermind it is a classical fast BB gun layout two turrets in front, one in the rear. T10 will either be a Montana/Gk like with balanced turret set up or a Yamato like with 2-1 turrets with three high caliber guns. The only outsiders in the like so far are Lyon and Richelieu. Given that Dunkerque performs quite well at tier 6 as of now, I'm not too concerne about Richelieu/Jean Bart at tier 8. Lyon IS the problem. OP against some target completely underpowered against others, specially at t7... Hence why we surely get to test them early on.

Players
920 posts
7,192 battles

Say what you want about Lyon but she has 16 guns. No matter the sigma values she will have some nice broadside on a poor cruiser

Yup, a bit like Oktober Revolutsiya... too many guns on a flat plane = trouble for cruisers. Hopefully Lyon will be balanced out with slow turret traverse so that she has to manoeuvre to get more than 8 guns pointing at anything at any one time.

Modder
1,596 posts
3,448 battles

the speed record for a battleship holds the iowa with 35 knots with overloaded engines and reduced displacement. which is completelly insane speed for a battleship ...now you are telling me that richelieu with boost and flag will make over 40 knots? like seriously wargaming wake up! if you push this stupidity into the game there is simply no reason to have any basis in history whatsoever...not to mention that you can delete all cruiser lines altogether...

wg, you are loosing your last bits of grasp on reality. make a game in space with lasers and spaceship yamatos instead

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,650 battles
On 08/11/2017 at 1:26 PM, puxflacet said:

the speed record for a battleship holds the iowa with 35 knots with overloaded engines and reduced displacement. which is completelly insane speed for a battleship ...now you are telling me that richelieu with boost and flag will make over 40 knots? like seriously wargaming wake up! if you push this stupidity into the game there is simply no reason to have any basis in history whatsoever...not to mention that you can delete all cruiser lines altogether...

wg, you are loosing your last bits of grasp on reality. make a game in space with lasers and spaceship yamatos instead

Na...

Look at the direction WoT has taken once they've run out of real tanks to model.

So much complete fantasy. Look at the superheavy Japanese line or that Chrysler thing with the rear turret and silly black Pro Gamer paint.

What you see in ships is only the beginning...

Modder
1,596 posts
3,448 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

Na...

Look at the direction WoT has taken once they've run out of real tanks to model.

So much complete fantasy. Look at the superheavy Japanese line or that Chrysler thing with the rear turret and silly black Pro Gamer paint.

What you see in ships is only the beginning...

we can manage with wows already...these are the guys who introduced belfast and who are saying that conqueror is ok...why am i still loosing time with this game?