Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ZHLvictor

USN CV rebalancing incoming!

53 comments in this topic

[PRPR]
Players
9 posts
9,630 battles

Images from Let’s Battle(NA player Event, taken by CC Calistron), thank you Aragathor for the reddit link with more info!

Spoiler

Spoiler
  1. Ranger is going to get 112 build.
  2. Lexington is going to get 112 build.
  3. Essex is going to get 212 build with T8 fighters and TBs.
  4. Midway is going to get 222 build with new T?(8 or 9) TBs.

Having a fighter squadron in is a huge buff, because you can now defend the team's most vulnerable target.

I'm curious about the new Midway TBs. If they have the standard USN drop pattern, they will be OP in my opinion, since it is too effective in troping DDs. So maybe a tighter enterprise drop pattern?

Thoughts? 

[AKI]
Players
4,166 posts
7,312 battles

And how about amount of ammo they carry? Why can't WG nerf US fighters a bit? We will never know. 

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,184 posts
15,024 battles

They are going to at least take the Midway's TB size to 5 per squad right? 12 torpedoes dropped line abreast with American torpedo damage seems a little much.

[BYOB]
Players
3,561 posts
13,720 battles

Calistron posted a much larger collection of pics, all USN CVs save Langley get new loadouts.

Spoiler

Ranger at T7 - 1F 1TB 2DB

Independence at T6 - 1F 1TB 1DB

Bogue at T5 - 1F 1TB 1DB

I'm skeptical of the change. Bogue will stop being a cancer, but whether it will measure up to the larger squadron amount of the Zuiho will have to be seen.

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,108 posts
27,229 battles

I am a 100% NOOB when CV's are a  topic, but I love to show interest and try to take part in the topic at hand.

I read this comment regarding 1600lb AP bombs that were in the client files back at update 5.1, is it possible the Kaiser XBTK-1 could carry these and also be part of a future setup?

Desktop Screenshot 2017.11.05 - 11.43.49.06 (2).png

[PRPR]
Players
9 posts
9,630 battles
21 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Calistron posted a much larger collection of pics, all USN CVs save Langley get new loadouts.

Reveal hidden contents

Ranger at T7 - 1F 1TB 2DB

Independence at T6 - 1F 1TB 1DB

Bogue at T5 - 1F 1TB 1DB

I'm skeptical of the change. Bogue will stop being a cancer, but whether it will measure up to the larger squadron amount of the Zuiho will have to be seen.

Thank you for the link with more info, updated in the main post.

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

I was exstatic to see these changes on Frenen... Frenenininly... (I can never pronounce her username lol :cap_haloween:) Twitter account. So great to see US CV's actually getting a little bit of love after such a LONG time of being utterly useless.

No more AS/Strike decks. Better balance between the two CV lines is only a good thing. I understand the concerns of having the double torpedo Midway back. I do think however WG might change the torpedo spread for the US line. Strongly suspect they might follow the Enterprises "W" shaped drop pattern to try and stop the instant deletion of BB's like we had in the games early days from CBT etc. Either that, or they'll reduce the squad size somewhat like they did with Saipan. If they don't... well that'll be pretty hilarious for a while until it gets nerfed.

One other point is that the lines getting the AP bombs. I don't know how many will use them over the ability to stack fire DoT's with the two dive bomber squadrons but they remain a strong alpha damage. I got a reply from the Warships Podcast on Twitter stating that they're also the same payload of 1000lb's. Enterprises AP bombs are on 500lb's, so Lexington etc has TWICE the tonnage of TNT. Will be interesting to see the alpha numbers on those bombs for sure and their drop indicator. The larger size also makes me wonder if they'll be effective on BB lines other than the Germans. They're MUCH bigger bombs, so I would think they'd have no trouble doing massive damage to ALL nations BB's as opposed to being a niche nerf bat of sorts to a specific line that was very prolific for a time.

You know what I'd REALLY like to see the Midway get back... her jet fighters. Seriously WG... they were SO cool. Plz Senpai!

After the US line is made relevant again all that remains is for WG to remove the stupid auto drop system and actually allow players to teach themselves how to play the line properly with some tutorial PvE styled missions for them to do when they unlock their first CV. Of course the UI still needs massive work doing to it, but one thing at a time. For once WG aren't straight up shafting CV players... unless they come up with some idotic AA buff afterwards lol.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,722 posts
8,716 battles
1 hour ago, dasCKD said:

They are going to at least take the Midway's TB size to 5 per squad right? 12 torpedoes dropped line abreast with American torpedo damage seems a little much.

Apparently they are going to be using lower tier planes. Think I heard they might be as low as tier 8.

Players
748 posts
11,447 battles
5 minutes ago, Drunken_Jedi said:

After the US line America is made relevant great again

FIFY

Great news, maybe will play Lexi again, 1 2 2 config seems good.

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,184 posts
15,024 battles
6 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Apparently they are going to be using lower tier planes. Think I heard they might be as low as tier 8.

That was indeed mentioned. The problem ultimately is that this is a poor way to balance the game considering how AA works. Kaga is shown to be a poor idea in this regards, and she is kept down by the fact that the Saipan is a thing. A Midway with 2/2/2 will have superior air power to the Hakuryu, superior strike power, and will only be stopped by heavy AA is basically a tier X Kaga with no natural enemy.

[NWP]
Players
5,409 posts
6,798 battles
3 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

The problem ultimately is that this is a poor way to balance the game considering how AA works.

I wanted to write the same thing, but then i thought ah what for...lol

But im not sure if Kaga (T6 planes on T7) can be compared to a Midway with T8 TBplanes. But i feel that Essex will have the bigger problems when he gets Fighters and TBs with T8?

Am i the only one who thinks that they somehow gonna [edited]that up? :cap_hmm:

• Cool 1

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,722 posts
8,716 battles
12 minutes ago, dasCKD said:

That was indeed mentioned. The problem ultimately is that this is a poor way to balance the game considering how AA works. Kaga is shown to be a poor idea in this regards, and she is kept down by the fact that the Saipan is a thing. A Midway with 2/2/2 will have superior air power to the Hakuryu, superior strike power, and will only be stopped by heavy AA is basically a tier X Kaga with no natural enemy.

How about we dust off the old AS Hakuryu? :cap_rambo:

Personally I don't mind as I'm still running AA builds on most of my high tiers.

Players
1,563 posts
10,182 battles

Lets take good carrier and edit it...

What could we do? Two tier lower planes seems reasonable hmmm...

I wait for this show to happen. One more great step ahead. Bravo. #sarcasm

• Cool 1

Players
958 posts
6,001 battles

Changes in flight control for the USN aircraft carriers.

All the USN aircraft carriers will switch to a single flight control. This will increase the line's versatility, while keeping each ship's unique traits. Moreover, there is now a choice of AP bombs for Lexington (tier VIII), Essex (tier IX) and Midway (tier X), allowing for even more tactical variation.

[KUMA]
Beta Tester
289 posts
9,320 battles

Nice to hear they haven't completely forgotten that CVs are in the game (other than premiums). AS decks dying is really great news too. 

• Cool 2

[BYOB]
Players
3,561 posts
13,720 battles
7 minutes ago, Kittykami said:

Nice to hear they haven't completely forgotten that CVs are in the game (other than premiums). AS decks dying is really great news too. 

I'm more happy about the removal of Strike loadouts. There was nothing more irritating then a CV on my team getting eaten alive by the enemy because he had no fighters.

• Cool 1

[NWP]
Players
5,409 posts
6,798 battles
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

I'm more happy about the removal of Strike loadouts. There was nothing more irritating then a CV on my team getting eaten alive by the enemy because he had no fighters.

But atleast strike deck in understood the reason using it -> Dealing Damage.

AS however is pretty stupid imo. U play something for the sole reason to shutout your counterpart, which again is only in the match because of u... Why not play something else then?

Damage dealing capabilities atleast on lower tiers were none existent for AS US CVs.

Players
1,941 posts
10,648 battles

Thinking about the Bogue with 1/1/1, does that mean it'll have lesser replacement for each squadron? Or will WG buff the hanger capacity. Cause if I'm not mistaken, the 1/1/0 Bogue has about 7/8 planes per squad in the hanger.

[BYOB]
Players
3,561 posts
13,720 battles
7 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Thinking about the Bogue with 1/1/1, does that mean it'll have lesser replacement for each squadron? Or will WG buff the hanger capacity. Cause if I'm not mistaken, the 1/1/0 Bogue has about 7/8 planes per squad in the hanger.

Most likely, if the max capacity isn't increased, the carrier will have 18 planes on deck and 10 in reserve. That's 3.3 replacement plane per squadron or 4/3/3. Zuiho has 2 planes more.

Players
1,941 posts
10,648 battles
2 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Most likely, if the max capacity isn't increased, the carrier will have 18 planes on deck and 10 in reserve. That's 3.3 replacement plane per squadron or 4/3/3. Zuiho has 2 planes more.

It'll feel weird artificially increasing the hanger capacity though.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,071 posts
15,733 battles
53 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Thinking about the Bogue with 1/1/1, does that mean it'll have lesser replacement for each squadron?

Same thing happened with Langley when they replaced her 1/1/0 with 1/1/1. Was actually a hilarious nerf to her since USN TBs can oneshot almost anything at lower tiers while her DBs remain rather useless.

[BYOB]
Players
3,561 posts
13,720 battles
18 minutes ago, pra3y said:

It'll feel weird artificially increasing the hanger capacity though.

Especially since the 24/28 capacity is historical.

Players
1,071 posts
8,084 battles
46 minutes ago, pra3y said:

Also wondering about this. I have 200+ games in the Bogue (though not since they removed manual attacks), and I'm not at all sure I'd want 1/1/1.

Bogue has excellent fighters, excellent TB's -- and ultra-crap DB's.

With 1/1/0 the plane reserves are just about right. I would NOT want to lower fighter/TB reserves to get DB's.

If they improve the DB's, maybe.

Players
214 posts
10,688 battles
  1. Essex is going to get 212 build with T8 fighters and TBs.
  2. Midway is going to get 222 build with new T?(8 or 9) TBs.

Eh wait WHAT. Whose bright idea was it to downtier planes?! 

[_KTM_]
Beta Tester
109 posts
7,868 battles

As i said in the main discussions thread . 

Midway with tr 8 planes :Smile_facepalm: , Hakuryu will run circles around it even harder . 

Maybe just decrease the rearming CD for Essex/Midway by 25-35% for start then see what happens . Also when a squad dies the CD needs to be reduced it's over 1 min 30 secs now , in that time a Haku rearms and launches all of it's planes . 

Lexi/Ranger changes are looking good tho .

Sign in to follow this