You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
HrS_Sylar

Researching ships

9 comments in this topic

Question

[RN-GF]
Players
22 posts
1,701 battles

Now i am focusing on researching a tier 8 cruiser. For me to get the required xp, can i play any other cruiser or do i need to play the tier 7?

What is the fastest way to do this as a f2p?

8 answers to this question

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,480 battles

Fastest way is to play the T7 cruiser.

You can play any other cruiser to farm free exp, but that will either cost you dubloons (= real money) or you will need ten times longer.

Players
1,059 posts
7,761 battles

You should play the T7 before it on the line. Save your free xp for Missouri. You can stack xp booster flags on the T7 if the grind gets hard and long-winded. I'm a bit curious here, what ship are we talking about?

[WG-EU]
[WG-EU]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,459 posts
7,540 battles
On 11/5/2017 at 11:31 AM, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Fastest way is to play the T7 cruiser.

You can play any other cruiser to farm free exp, but that will either cost you dubloons (= real money) or you will need ten times longer.

Not only that, but at Tier VII the tech tree lines are generally "settled" into a pattern that then continues to the higher tiers, so playing Tier VII and unlocking the ship with regular XP also helps to get into the playstyle needed for the follow up ship.

• Cool 2

[RN-GF]
Players
22 posts
1,701 battles

Tell me this then. If i can convert some ship xp to free xp, using doubloons, for example i have around 120k xp from the cleveland. Can i use that to research the new orleans(need around 70k)? And what happens to the cleveland if use up all that ship xp? 

[WG-EU]
WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,499 posts
12,480 battles
16 minutes ago, HrS_Sylar said:

Tell me this then. If i can convert some ship xp to free xp, using doubloons, for example i have around 120k xp from the cleveland. Can i use that to research the new orleans(need around 70k)? And what happens to the cleveland if use up all that ship xp? 

Yes, you can.

And nothing happens to the Cleveland. It doesn't need that xp to live :D