You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Hiro_016

Shokaku fighter can't catch Lexington Bomber, Bug or not?

14 comments in this topic

[ANIME]
Players
172 posts
8,452 battles

hello, captains

I have some questions to ask (especially if you are CV main) 

mainly the title, I have played Shokaku for a bit and some time i come up against Lexington with 0 1 3 deck. 

some of the game i played, my fighter just not capable of catching Lexington planes at all even know i have 171 kts speed while Lexington Bomber has 140. but my fighter can't catch it before that anyway. also sometimes is easily catch it.

also, T8 ijn don't have aircraft speed upgrade, so i assume Lexington don't have one. so i can't see anything that makes Lexington bomber faster than Shokaku fighter.    

[ANIME]
Players
172 posts
8,452 battles

yes, i am aware of that but sometime my fighter can't catch it even before drop, also is not every game... that why I think it might be a bug.  

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
4,945 posts
7,181 battles

Something to do with modules? Altho Lex doesn't have the tier 9 module, so shouldn't be the case.. O_o

[BLOBS]
Beta Tester
5,118 posts
10,588 battles

Shokaku Fighter 171 Kn

Lexi DB  140 Kn

Lexi TB 136 Kn

The +5% Air speed mod is T9 and cant be sloted by Lexi as far as i know

[ANIME]
Players
172 posts
8,452 battles

just to mention, this doesn't happen every game. so far 70 games+ that  i played (all) i only found 4 games that i has been in this situation. 

Players
1,941 posts
10,648 battles

a) maybe lag?

b) the lexi dropped its bombs right at the start even before you spot it to use it as a scout and hence its faster than you even if you haven seen it drop its bombs.

c) depends on when you start seeing the bombers and begin chasing them. Prehaps the distance where you spot them is far enough so that no matter how fast your fighters are, they will always lag behind the bombers, especially if they travel in a straight line only and dont turn, which would cause their speed to drop. Say if your fighters made a turn to chase after the bombers at the start then it would have slowed down abit at the start. 

Beta Tester
2,437 posts
4 hours ago, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

hello, captains

I have some questions to ask (especially if you are CV main) 

mainly the title, I have played Shokaku for a bit and some time i come up against Lexington with 0 1 3 deck. 

some of the game i played, my fighter just not capable of catching Lexington planes at all even know i have 171 kts speed while Lexington Bomber has 140. but my fighter can't catch it before that anyway. also sometimes is easily catch it.

also, T8 ijn don't have aircraft speed upgrade, so i assume Lexington don't have one. so i can't see anything that makes Lexington bomber faster than Shokaku fighter.    

Lexington bomber has max speed of 175 kt after dropping bomb

[ANIME]
Players
172 posts
8,452 battles
16 hours ago, pra3y said:

a) maybe lag?

b) the lexi dropped its bombs right at the start even before you spot it to use it as a scout and hence its faster than you even if you haven seen it drop its bombs.

c) depends on when you start seeing the bombers and begin chasing them. Prehaps the distance where you spot them is far enough so that no matter how fast your fighters are, they will always lag behind the bombers, especially if they travel in a straight line only and dont turn, which would cause their speed to drop. Say if your fighters made a turn to chase after the bombers at the start then it would have slowed down abit at the start. 

yes, fighter does slow down(IJN) when i try  ALT drop or change direction, that could the case

• Cool 1

[ANIME]
Players
172 posts
8,452 battles
16 hours ago, Darth_Glorious said:

Lexington bomber has max speed of 175 kt after dropping bomb

do you know where i can find the stat for all planes? i would like to check it out so i can improve my skill.

[PARAZ]
Beta Tester
10,071 posts
15,733 battles
27 minutes ago, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

do you know where i can find the stat for all planes?

You can either just view them in the port even for ships you do not own (just select whatever ship you want to see in the tech tree and hover over the planes to see their stats).

Or you can use wows-numbers.com and hover over the modules on the respective ship pages.

Doesn't show you the speed of empty bombers but they're always a bit faster than same tier fighters.

Beta Tester
2,437 posts
5 hours ago, Teitoku_Yuuji_Kazami said:

do you know where i can find the stat for all planes? i would like to check it out so i can improve my skill.

From there : https://gamemodels3d.com

But you have to pay them 3 USD once to get lifetime unlimited access.

If you don't want to pay, you can determine the max speed of a strike aircraft with this formula :

max speed with bombs/torps = 80% of max speed