You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
darkstar73

Duke of York

17 comments in this topic

[LEGIO]
Players
585 posts
7,551 battles

What do you guys think of her? Think she´s an awesome looking ship :) Will be a great ship in T7 :)

23213114_1500657550017269_6338393049464023778_o.thumb.jpg.f6d6a8d6a3d127d93957b2bc1ccbe8ae.jpg

23154818_1500657543350603_9038151949328754560_o.jpg

[NWP]
Players
888 posts
8,163 battles

Yes dude,it is nice but how many British BBs will there be on tier 7?

Hood, Nelson, KGV and now the Duke?

Would prefer a tier 8 US cruiser instead.

WG has admitted there is a BB overpopulation and they still introduce new BB lines and premiums. (French silver BBs on the way, Italian BBs maybe next, Roma, Mushashi, Massacusetts, Gulio Ceasare,Kii etc. etc.)

I mean, jesus christ.

(Sry if you are a BB main or a collector and I broke your hype)

• Cool 2

Players
2,376 posts
15,503 battles

Duke of York stats :

ST,British battleship Duke of York, tier VII.

Hit points - 60500, plating - 25 mm, belt - 260 - 381 mm. Main battery - 1x2 356 mm; 2x4 356 mm. Firing range - 18.1 km. HE damage - 6100, AP damage - 10500. Reload time 30 s., 180 degree turn time - 45 s., maximum dispersion - 242 m. HE initial velocity - 757 m/s. AP initial velocity - 757 m/s. Sigma count - 1.8. Maximum speed - 28 kt. Turning circle radius - 790 m., rudder shift time - 15 s. Surface detectability - 14.1 km, air detectability - 12.5 km. Detectability after firing main guns in smoke - 12.6 km. Anti-torpedo defense damage reduction - 22%

Available consumables:
Slot 1 - Damage Control Party
Slot 2 - Defensive AA Fire (all auras)

Unplayable in PvP.

I'm guessing it's specific to the new tier 7 operation. Maybe a player controlled ship like Anthony/Cyclone/Halloween or a baddie bot. :cap_yes:

[CHATS]
WoWs Wiki Team
12,082 posts
7,662 battles

No a good ship. Trading reload and heal for AA boost ? Bad idea. Plus, there is too much British ship in T7 !

Players
3,596 posts
7,320 battles
50 minutes ago, creamgravy said:

I'm guessing it's specific to the new tier 7 operation. Maybe a player controlled ship like Anthony/Cyclone/Halloween or a baddie bot. :cap_yes:

I'm not so sure, would WG trail it on the dev blog if it was just in the game for a scenario, and isn't DoY a bit too famous to be wasted just for that?

Also, "The Final Frontier" is IJN and is presumably against USN (okay DoY was there, but still....), and does supertesting scenario ships make any sense anyway?

I agree it looks odd, but that's WG for you.

Players
2,376 posts
15,503 battles
Just now, Capra76 said:

I'm not so sure, would WG trail it on the dev blog if it was just in the game for a scenario, and isn't DoY a bit too famous to be wasted just for that?

Also, "The Final Frontier" is IJN and is presumably against USN (okay DoY was there, but still....), and does supertesting scenario ships make any sense anyway?

I agree it looks odd, but that's WG for you.

They've started 'spoiling' all ships and mechanics on facebook before they hit supertest server (for ad revs?) Asian/RU data miners detailed all the changes to Cyclone and Anthony, everyone said those were rubbish premiums too. :cap_hmm:

[ADRIA]
Players
4,220 posts
6,782 battles
1 hour ago, creamgravy said:

They've started 'spoiling' all ships and mechanics on facebook before they hit supertest server (for ad revs?) Asian/RU data miners detailed all the changes to Cyclone and Anthony, everyone said those were rubbish premiums too. :cap_hmm:

"Building hype"

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,650 battles

lel no heal?!

If so it better be heavily armoured like the "real" KGV class...

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,908 posts
3,816 battles

Just here to comment that not only is this a lazy ship, but also an AA BB. Year of CVs my arse

[ST-EU]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
1,902 posts
3,681 battles

Got to reskin that old tier 8 KGV hull to make money. Of course WG aren't bright enough to either change it to Prince of Wales as a tier 7, or to keep DoY at tier 8. But hey, Lyon's terrible ww1 era 340mm are good enough for tier 7. 

This is where Trainspite becomes a WG bashing cynic. Well, not quite, but WG are really trying hard for it.

I should be happy about seeing an RN ship, but WG are doing it in one of the worst ways possible, so wrong that I am left internally sick/screaming at the future of the game.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,137 posts
5,909 battles

Will buy Roma defo but this... Idk. Will wait for Flamu's reviews. 

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,108 posts
11,650 battles

Give us a well armoured KGV class, remove HE and instead give it decent sigma and AP penetration. That'll be balanced by the 14". 

I won't be playing for a clone ship anyway.

2017 Year of the BB...

• Cool 1