Kandly

New Ships!

69 comments in this topic

Players
406 posts
619 battles

Captains,

Something new is cooking in the development kitchen - let's have a look! :cap_win:

Exhibit A

What? Another Italian! Yes, another Italian ship is here! Sporting the flashy air recognition stripes, she is ready to sail!

cbfa07e0-c0ac-11e7-8555-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

cb4ffb6a-c0ac-11e7-8c09-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

Exhibit B

We already have King George V in-game - now let¨s add her famous sister. They share the fame of engaging German battleships in battle!

cbcb404a-c0ac-11e7-92e2-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

cb3b17f4-c0ac-11e7-9dc6-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

Action Stations! :fish_cute_2:

• Cool 5

[HAIFU]
Players
516 posts
4,826 battles

Looking good, the Roma was highly demanded by lots of players. Also, I think that the design of the KGV class looks very good (must be the 4-gun turrets), so another one of the class is great!

Still, with all these premium Regia Marina ships, will there be enough to make a full tech tree? Hopefully all the famous ones aren't premium.

[NED]
Players
1,833 posts
7,024 battles

Nice but i do hope we will be seeing more premium cruisers and destroyers after this.

Especially an american tier 8 cruiser would be nice and a tier 4 and 7 russian cruisers to fill the line.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
6 minutes ago, Jellicoe1916 said:

Looks like my hopes of a Prince of Wales have evaporated.

Really?

Wouldn't lose hope yet. WG love a money grab, look at the upcoming Massachusetts, basically a clone Alabama currently despite what certain NA CCs will tell you.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
270 posts
8,735 battles
2 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Really?

Wouldn't lose hope yet. WG love a money grab, look at the upcoming Massachusetts, basically a clone Alabama currently despite what certain NA CCs will tell you.

Hopefully

Players
763 posts
4,157 battles

hmm. 2 new premium BBs getting ready? Must be for the poor American Light Cruisers

The poor guys are gonna get bombarded by citadels and..... wait. Im one of those poor guys.....

WHY YOU GOTTA DO DIS TO ME!!!!

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

I hope Duke of York is heavily armoured and has full fat BB AP even if they're a bit weaker at 14". Should have average/poor HE too.

Players
2,565 posts
15,503 battles
19 minutes ago, KIllerbin34 said:

I'm honestly surprised it isn't HMS Vanguard. She'd be a great counter part to Roma.

DoY would make is a great counter to Roma.

The RN already utterly dominate tier 7 with all these under tiered OP ships, we don't need another.

[DREAD]
Players
7,915 posts
5,926 battles

Moar HE spammers please. Just what the game desperately needs.

Hope they come to their mind and kill the HE shells on the DoY. Plus - it's another copy/paste ship.

nah...

(Roma is worth a look though)

• Cool 1

Players
3,004 posts
20,187 battles

Come on two Italian BBs in two/three months, another clone, and still no Jean Bart? :Smile_facepalm:WG... Looks like WG forced themselves to release Roma before the end of the year juyst because of the hype, that clearly could have waited for one or two more months...

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,756 posts
7,258 battles

I'm happy about Roma.

But seriously, DoY ? What the point ? And besides being another KGV, that's ANOTHER premium battleship, just what the game needed. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
5,283 posts
2,939 battles
16 minutes ago, Capt_QuoNiam_2015 said:

Come on two Italian BBs in two/three months, another clone, and still no Jean Bart?

Italians don't even have a techtree yet.

Players
2,565 posts
15,503 battles
13 minutes ago, ShinGetsu said:

But seriously, DoY ? What the point?

It's 1945 DoY, the spotter/fighter plane consumable gets replaced with <insert OP consumable here>

lolheal? (Nelson already has that)

lolradar?

lolsonar?

lolsmoke? (for epic troll)

[HOO]
Beta Tester
680 posts
5,772 battles

We have Pre-Dreadnoughts, Dreadnoughts and Super-Dreadnoughts.  :cap_hmm:

How about THE Dreadnought?  :cap_look:

Can't understand why she isn't in the game yet.  :cap_wander:

• Cool 3

Players
590 posts
9,936 battles

Why on earth in the Duke of York tier 7, I mean the normal KGV should have been tier 8, remove the fantasy POS know as the Monarch already.

I thought this was just going to be a money grab with WG releasing the Duke of York at the correct tier, but instead they are sticking with the stupid whiners that 14" guns are no good at tier 8. No reason to buy her with the KGV already there... not that I am going past tier 6 anyway because I would just be thinking why did they gimp the armor to drop it a tier for no god damn reason.

Looking forward to the Roma though, even if I know that it will be god damn expensive. Having so much fun in the Giulio Cesare atm (my current 4th best ship for average damage and it is only beaten by 2 tier 10 cruisers and the Bismarck), and the Duca D'Aosta was fun too, damn it, now I have 2 more Italian ships to buy.

[CHATS]
WoWs Wiki Team, Privateer
12,258 posts
8,454 battles
8 minutes ago, Chaos_Umbra said:

remove the fantasy POS know as the Monarch already

They could have put Vanguard at Tier 8... Or Rodney/Nelson... But, no, they putted that thing ! Because reasons.

Players
590 posts
9,936 battles
Just now, Webley_Mark said:

They could have put Vanguard at Tier 8... Or Rodney/Nelson... But, no, they putted that thing ! Because reasons.

The reason was that some idiots were rather vocal that 14" guns have not enough penetration at that tier because they cannot over match much... the 320mm on the Giulio Cesare have no trouble with T7 BBs if you know what you are doing and neither do the Scharnhorst's 11"ers, instead we have one of the most heavily armored BBs that gets overmatched by most BBs and bullies T5 ships.

Beta Tester
84 posts
5,686 battles

Looks like it will be very busy with new ship releases. We also have Kidd and Massachusetts announced and the pan Asian and french BB line as well as the US cruiser split. It looks exiting just hope it arrives sooner rather than later and that WG don´t choke on all the releases.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
11,848 battles

I have to wonder why the 90mm DP guns on the Roma don't show up under the AA infotab aswell ... they're even explicitely called dual purpose guns. Neither are they listed for the Duke of York. Has that always been like that or is that an oversight?

That said, and at risk of sounding like a broken record, ... does this game really need more battleships with the current BB population?

Roma is a sexy looking ship and I'm actually interested in her, but until I see at least some of the major issues this game has right now (BB overpopulation, ongoing foolproofing for BBs in particular, gimmick powercreeping, "Year of the CV" in general and clan battles without CVs in particular, just to name a few) getting meaningfully adresses (which means results, not just empty placative marketing BS), I'll just continue keeping my wallet shut tight out of principle.

Players
1,190 posts
9,607 battles

Yay, more premium BBs are thrown into the ring. This will surely help to bring the BB overpopulation under control. Good job as always, WG. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 3