You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
iJoby

The Final Frontier - New T7 Scenario

27 comments in this topic

[TOAST]
Players
1,998 posts
25,653 battles

ST, new scenario "The Final Frontier".

The frontline that is drawing nearer and constant air raids on the Rowen atoll threaten to disrupt the Japanese engineers' and scientists' project. To avoid a catastrophe, a transport air squad is sent to the location to evacuate the personnel and valuable documents. The warships are called in to provide a safe approach for the planes and allow for timely evacuation through the airfield.

Only available for the Tier VII ships

At last a T7 Scenario hopefully in update 6.13, a chance to play some great T7 Ships.

What T7 ship would you play in this Scenario.

My ships of choice:-

Belfast

Arp Nachi or any Arp Cruiser (Same 19pt Captain)

Saipan

Scharnhorst

• Cool 3

Players
3,363 posts
5,845 battles
19 minutes ago, iJoby said:

I guess Fiji. But have to check first, how this Scenario plays out.

Players
600 posts

Schschoors - should be the equivalent of the Cleveland. High dpm and doesn't need real money to buy, unlike Belfast.

When playing against bots, the poor armour, easy to hit citadel and poor turning circle of this ship is less important.

Myoki, including ARP version might be good too. Good dpm plus nice amount of torps.

Most PVE scenarios are so easy that 5 stars can be gotten in any ship. All you need is some team mates that aren't too hopeless. Ones that don't die to the first wave...

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,867 battles

Sweet! I had asked before for an expansion of scenarios to other tiers, that's really good news. I will play any ship I'm grinding, save for battleships.

• Cool 1

Players
961 posts
4,865 battles

Shchors for the daka, alternatively shiratsuyu, hiryu or Scharnhorst (fast, good dpm, torps, won't get citadelled).

T7 has a lot of great ships. So pretty much all except colorado should be viable. 

[SSA]
Players
523 posts
16,281 battles

Depending on the amount of hostile aviation a Flint or Atlanta might be viable as a utility cruiser.

DPM would be good too (if enemy does not have many t8+ bbs), but highly range-dependent.

Otherwise any ARP-Myoko, Saipan or HIryu (worse Air-Air bur better dmg against low-mid AA targets)

[L4GG]
Players
1,554 posts
6,300 battles
3 hours ago, iJoby said:

At last a T7 Scenario hopefully in update 6.13, a chance to play some great T7 Ships.

My ships of choice:-

Belfast

Arp Nachi or any Arp Cruiser (Same 19pt Captain)

Saipan

Scharnhorst

at last.

-Algerie

- Myoko

- Shchors.

And probably if I feel in the mood.

- Pensaturd

and later on

the german one.

my captains will appreciate.

I'm thinking about buying the  6's

Duca or the French one or the molotov. But I don't know yet

But what I really would like to see, the 5's back in operations.

I miss playing Furutaka.

Put the 5's back in operations, pls.

join the movement.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,988 posts

Lot of planes? There is only one ship on the Tier that overshadows all others... AA Gneisenau. :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 1

Players
894 posts
11,126 battles

Hm. It will depend largely on the needs of the scenario, but I guess I'll screw around with DPM-monster IFHE-Shchors and with the Hiryu.

...maybe Kaga for the lolz.

[L4GG]
Players
1,554 posts
6,300 battles
Just now, AkosJaccik said:

Hm. It will depend largely on the needs of the scenario, but I guess I'll screw around with DPM-monster IFHE-Shchors and with the Hiryu.

...maybe Kaga for the lolz.

Nah, svyatozar it's the real monster.

I know, I know

but I will miss that one.

All ships should be like the one's in the halo op.

Players
406 posts
3,294 battles

T7 ships should be fun, I'm glad that WG are expanding the scenarios, as they are a good change of scenery from PvP or competitive. It would be interesting if they opened up some operations with only ships that historically took part i.e. some of the Mediterranean naval battles between the Royal Navy and Regia Marina (when they are added...). But one step at a time I suppose, and this is a good step. 

• Cool 1

Players
3,607 posts
7,323 battles
2 hours ago, rnat said:

Depending on the amount of hostile aviation a Flint or Atlanta might be viable as a utility cru

It could be very difficult to balance if there's lots of aviation involved, the difference between an AA spec Atlanta with an AA skilled captain and a normal T7 cruiser is epic.

Maybe WG will hand out loan ships again?

Players
961 posts
4,865 battles
21 minutes ago, Capra76 said:

It could be very difficult to balance if there's lots of aviation involved, the difference between an AA spec Atlanta with an AA skilled captain and a normal T7 cruiser is epic.

Maybe WG will hand out loan ships again?

Hmm. Would be feasible only if the scenario is sufficiently difficult - ie as difficult as Halloween or more. 

[WCWVE]
Players
774 posts
12,011 battles

Do not forget that the Shchors is also quite good for AA with the enhanced AA boost active it can be lethal against incoming air raids 

[SSA]
Players
523 posts
16,281 battles

But it lacks the DPM and burst dmg. The Map will need sufficient cover and short distance fighting for them to be viable in any way though. And different from the Gnei most Atlanta/Flint builds (i think) include AFT and AA-range mod by default, so no need to respec.

[SSA]
Players
523 posts
16,281 battles

Might be 6.15 or later as well. We'll see. But very welcome nonetheless.

Also very interested how Kaga might perform. Since bots don't strafe and she has a retarded amount of striking power and a big reserve it might just be the ideal cv for operations, TBs are just as flimsy on the Hiryu anyways.

[YEEET]
Players
1,188 posts
11,273 battles

Atlanta - have still been getting the odd clear sky with her recently , though obviously a Flint would be probably better.

Players
2,772 posts
12,699 battles

If they are going to have a scenario called "The Final Frontier" then surely it should include the USS Enterprise (with a special captain for it - James T.Kirk).

:Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

[TOAST]
Players
1,998 posts
25,653 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_H_Nelson said:

If they are going to have a scenario called "The Final Frontier" then surely it should include the USS Enterprise (with a special captain for it - James T.Kirk).

I am pretty sure the whole idea of "The Final Frontier" is based around the Big E, Captain Kirk with 16 point skills with 2 of them skills being special for getting 5 stars, sounds like a great idea.

Just out of interest, if this special captain was going to happen, What 2 special CV skills should Kirk get?

Aircraft Servicing Expert
+5% to HP of carrier-based aircraft.
-10% -15% to servicing time of carrier-based aircraft.

Torpedo Armament Expertise
 -10% -15% to reload time of torpedo tubes. 
-20% to servicing time of torpedo bombers.