You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ThePurpleSmurf

I'm curious, what's the female proportion in WoWs?

50 comments in this topic

Players
1,071 posts
8,209 battles

I'm a gamer since more than 20 years and i've played a bunch of MMOs in the past, but somehow i'm under the impression that the female proportion in WoWs is extremely low. While in other games like Diablo, RIFT, Runes of Magic, Blade & Soul, World of Warcraft and others the amount of females is pretty high (probably >35%), it seems that WoWs has a very abysmal proportion of female players.

p.s.: and NO, i'm not looking for an online girlfriend. I'm happily married since 16 years.

• Cool 1

Players
757 posts
3,227 battles

My theory- This is a WW2 game based on Warships. People who would play are- 1)WW2 Interests

2)WG Fans (or something like that anyways)

So what I mean here is that WoWs is a game based on WW2. Unless you are really interested in that type of subject (and crazy shiet on the seas), you wouldnt really play WoWs, or any other WG game for that matter. The games you mentioned are all MMO and different from WoWs. It also depends on how many of the Female Gender actually play Games...

[BFS]
Beta Tester
877 posts
5,131 battles

As players hide behind anonymous tags there is no real way to find how many females are playing a game.   i've known of males that use female tags - maybe for trolling or just attention seeking.

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,141 posts
5,915 battles

Dasha plays it :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 3

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,675 battles

lel, probably just LittleWhiteMouse on the NA forum and maybe a few isolated others.

GIRLZ NO LIEK BIG GRAY GUNBOTES

:cap_book:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,296 posts
7,564 battles
14 minutes ago, Cosseria said:

There are no females, most of Wows players sexually identify as battleships.

.....and Battleships (or Ships in general) are adressed as female :Smile_trollface:

• Cool 5

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,867 battles
Just now, Miessa3 said:

.....and Battleships (or Ships in general) are adressed as female :Smile_trollface:

Not in every country. The Italian and French Navies always imposed the masculine (we say "il Cesare" and "le Richelieu") and Capt. Lindemann's crusade to have his ship refereed to as "DER Bismarck" is well known.

• Cool 2

[PMI]
Players
2,398 posts
5,608 battles

This is the internet, so 0%...

[LOBUZ]
Players
4,327 posts
16,689 battles

Looking at the minimap at least half the players have *Edited.

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks.
  • Cool 10

Players
1,071 posts
8,209 battles
1 hour ago, Negativvv said:

lel, probably just LittleWhiteMouse on the NA forum and maybe a few isolated others.

Well, there are at least 8 female WoWs streamer that i know of and there are female players in top clans on NA who play typhoon league. So it's not that there are only 2 or 3 females playing this game.

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
8,131 posts
11,675 battles
6 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

Well, there are at least 8 female WoWs streamer that i know of and there are female players in top clans on NA who play typhoon league. So it's not that there are only 2 or 3 females playing this game.

I am the ultimate cynic when it comes to female streamers.

If i was born again into a woman I'd be exploiting the nerd masses as some sort of girl gamer :cap_haloween:

Although gaming is so popular now that you're going to get all sorts playing it due to the sheer number who will try it. I know quite a few female console gamers who play CoD and the like...

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,987 posts

Been playing with 4 and probably 96 of guys - so 4%. :Smile_trollface:

Statistics show though, quite a lot of girls/ women are gamers. So there are probably more ladies around here then we expect.

Beta Tester
5,056 posts
2,939 battles

What's a girl ?

Spoiler

Also :

5 minutes ago, FishDogFoodShack said:

Here I am wondering how long it'll take this thread to become grotesquely misogynistic.

With Wg using girls posing and other dashas as an object to sell more I wouldn't expect anything less from a WG-related forum.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
622 posts
10,945 battles

Got a promo for a new account with a free premium tank, so set up a new account with an obviously female user name for my friend. She didn't like WoT but I played a few games on it. I got griefed a lot more in 200 odd games on that account than I did in 18K games on my own account. In some games I had players continually driving around and into me, blocking my shots and pushing me out of cover and down slopes. Was even just outright TK'd a couple of times I think. So if there are female players in WoWs I expect they use gender neutral account names and don't advertise it in game as I don't think the player base here is any more mature than on WoT.